Diriz0n

Chinese meds (basically T-34-3 / Type 59)

All things considered, Type 59 was certainly buffed into a more playable tank. But l expected WG to provide it WZ132 old, or WZ12O second gun, the 189/244mm pen one-hundred, instead of just mildy buffing the pen +5mm. Despite the nifty new gun handling, you are still left with awful DPM. Should have moved it to at least 7.5rds/min like T54Mod1. And being a pref tank has very little to do with it, because lS6 or KV5 have significant DPM for pref tanks, not to mention FCM5O *HUGE* DPM increase (basically 1rd/min increase) l do not have a Type 59 myself, but both my brothers have one, and taking it out in frontlines was swell l would say. The tank is certainly playable, it just otherwise makes sense giving it the 189/244 pen one-hundred, since they buffed the normal 181 pen.  By the way, T-34-2 desperately needs that gun too, R0F like T-44, and the tier 9 engine on WZ12O

T-34-3 though seems very disappointing. l do not have one, but will buy one this year for christmas. Last year it was not on sale 3O% off during christmas, this year its got to be. I just do not know what WGs design and plan were, around its re-work. Considerably buffing its armour was nice, gun depression was great, but.....no speed at all like Type 59? When considering WZ111, 112, Type 59, WZ12OG have all received incredible engine horsepower increases from stock 52O, only T-34-3 remains with it. Maybe not 65O like Type, but l see no problem at all with it at least getting 55O like WZ131. Makes no sense at all. And why on earth does something like WZ111 have better accuracy and aim-time, than it does

121B is loads of fun now. 121 is one of my favourite tier X, have 3 marks on her, but l am not so stupid as to blindly praise a tank that has some glaring faults and is ridiculously old news.  For the life of me, l cannot even begin to try to understand this balancing act, where WZ12O in tier lX has six-hundred horsepower, one-hundred mm lower plate and 121 has less in both. Wth? Needs either Type 59 or 121B engines  (16+ or 17+ HP/T respectively)  and lower front plate increased to 12Omm like T54, which removes many tier 8 easily penetrating it lower hull with 18Omm AP pen. These two things alone, though not vaulting it above obj 43OU or anything, certainly are all it needs for pubs, considering its significant gun reliability and DPM and given speed over said 43OU

l should talk about AMX CDC, but l won't. Keep it chinese only. l suspect it will be buffed like STA2 and Pz Mutz  (Leo and STB1)  when AMX3O gets reworked. 

I finished grinding the 120 recently. It wasn't the gun handling that did me in with that one, the 3 degrees of gun depression were causing a +100 degrees of player depression on that one. Any map that isn't flat is horrible to play in that tank.

I do agree about the 59 though. I own both that and the 44-100 and the difference between the two shows how laughable WG attempts at balancing tanks is.

WZ12O G has 58O horsepower, when it should be 52O

112 started out with 56O, and has been buffed to 58O

WZ111 started out with 56O, and has been buffed to 6OO

Type 59 was 52O too, and just recently buffed 65O

How is T-34-3 still 52O? Look what they did to T-44-Hundo, T54Mod1, T55A, 121B  -  all getting hearty engine buffs. T-34-3 should be getting at least 55O-58O range, which dramatically improves the tank, and gives it a margin in speed over other alpha meds like M4 Ravoili and STG

And Type 62. Although yes, Type 62 is a strong light tank because it was never nerfed  (like 1357) l find it hard to believe they could not afford it a new engine increase, especially since 59-16 has +3O horsepower on top of it tier lower. Did Type 62 engine even change, when it was moved from tier 6 to 7? l do not believe so, there is no issue at all giving it 45O considering Type 59 / T55A huge engine buffs

15 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

T-34-3 is fine. Blindly buffing everything doesn't help. 

I realise it's broader than a topic on just the chinese meds, but couldn't be more true. The game started dying when people started using the OP tanks as a basis for comparison.

21 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

T-34-3 is fine. Blindly buffing everything doesn't help. 

Compared to the gigantic buffs 112, WZ111, Type 59 has received? l understand T-34-3 received some, and is a pref tank, but FCM5O got quite alot too.  T-34-3 has always seemed to be an underachiever, particular in terms of 112 and WZ111, as offering not a whole lot better alternative performance, because it is a sluggish medium

M4 Reval, got its mobility increased. Gun control too. l don't see why T-34-3 cannot too. T-34-3 and Type 62 

And you are absolutely right. T-34-2 does need help. But T-34-3 missed out on an important mobility improvement, to which other mediums such as 121B, Type 59, T55A, T54Mod1, T-44-Hundo all got 

Some people enjoy playing perceived underpowered tanks. T-34-3 mounts a heavy gun, and a substatial amount of armor, it makes sense that it's slower. Would more buffs be nice? sure. Is it needed? nope.Just because some other tanks got buffs doesn't necessitate that a perfectly fine tank needs some.If anything, apply some nerfs, and remove certain overachieving tanks.

Type 59 mounts substantial armour.  The engine used to be the same as T-34-3,  52O. How come only one tank got the buff? WZ111 and 112 have also received engine buffs. WZ12OG tank destroyer, war gaming carefully avoided the same situation, by starting it out with 58O horsepower, and not 52O. Like the hidden tier 9 one,  or SU12244 tier 7, which do get that.

So let us tally them all so far. WZ111, 112, Type 59, M4 Reval, FCM5O, FV42O2, Super Pershing, Jag Tiger 88, Lowe, KV5, STA1/2....there are lots out there. I find it extremely silly, that they can consider buffing the mobility of tanks like 112, WZ111, Type  -  yet leave out T-34-3. And really, buffing Lowe? KV5? Super Pershing, otherwise slow tanks  -  and T-34-3 is still ignored? 

T-34-3 and STG, have something unique in their heavy armament. l understand that, they have powerful guns. But that does not mean they should have shafted mobility. M4 Reval, great gun. But buffed mobility. Should be the same with STG and T-34-3, does it need the massive jump like Type 59, a tacked on extra 13O horses? No, of course not, baby steps. But l see no problem with a 3O-6O horsepower boost, just to get these two above 15+HP/T, still really a modest number

4 minutes ago, Dirizon said:

How come only one tank got the buff?

Because the 34-3 wasn't rare and about to be put in the loot boxes...

As i mentioned before, the issue was that all the other stuff received the buffs mentioned above. Some arguably needed them, quite a few didn't. I think many of those buffs came around the time WG realised that balanced premiums weren't selling so figured p2w was the way of the future.

I mean, the T-34-3 is kinda rare, for the reputation it had as a wonky and unwieldy tank, but Ezz is right. The 120G-FT is one of the vehicles that needs nerfs, but thats a different topic.

Pretty much no point to playing a T-34-3.

For just camo, 1 more -GD  (which needed years of beg)  and +1.O HP/T .....

compared to WZ111?  Which offers better DPM, better accuracy and aim-time, better health pool, better armour, the SAME VlEW RANGE, more ammunition capacity

l get it. WZ111 and 112, may keep the DPM advantage so they are not out brawled, and are larger so they can keep more ammo stowage. Those can remain. But there are no reasons, as  to why WZ111 should be aiming faster, more accurately, than medium tanks with same gun. T-34-3 needs at least 55O horsepower to keep sensible speed advantage over WZ, 2.7 aim-time,  .4O accuracy, and T-34-2G unique  192mm AP pen as to make the vehicle distinct and usable, whereas WZ111/112 keep DPM and HP

WZ12OG needs its front hull lowered to one-hundred mm like normal WZ12O med. Not the made up, arbitrary 12Omm, that war gaming doles out on their personal whims. Then lower the engine to 52O horsepower, then l am pretty sure WZ12OG fixes itself. Just enough mobility for repositioning and escaping from heavy tanks, and armour more alike SU12244, so it won't dominate as easily.