Figured I'd start a thread for this one since I haven't found one via search. 

Anyone bought this yet? Played it? I haven't watched any videos or stream reviews or whatever yet on it but just looking at the stats it gives me a pre-nerf Hellcat vibe.  It's described as a Chaffee hull with a M36 turret and gun.

Important stats:

600 HP

370 VR

21.something hp/ton with 55/14 kph top speed.

No armor to speak of besides 76mm turret front, 18% ish camo

160/221/45 pen

240/240/320 alpha

90mm gun from the Jackson with ~8s reload time and 2s aimtime, dispersion .38

Will this fill the pre-nerf Hellcat-shaped hole in my heart

I ended up getting one.  It is fairly similar to the current Hellcat.  Gun handling feels better, but you can also notice the reduced top speed.

I like it. 370 VR and more camo than the Type 64. Reload gets to 6.7 with food and BiA. I use binos, rammer and optics right now, but a gld would be valid. Shells speed is acceptable. The smallness is really nice for getting into corners and poking behind small bushes. 508 VR with binos right now. With recon training it might have enough VR to use optics only but as a turreted TD you keep binds up lots. Like the hellcat it's a wanker not a medium but current tier 6 mm means you're fighting 7s or 6s where 221 pen is enough. It moves like an old LT before the across the board hp/t buffs.

1500 dpg thus far with no real dmg farming skills. 67% wins in 15 games because @sr360loves2throw sometimes. It'll settle in the low 70s. Optimal platoon with a VR stacked Type 64 and a Strv 42-57 for 80% wins

Hmm. I really wish I could like, rent it for a day or two to try on live server.

I'll probably just wait until it's a marathon reward or some shit a year from now. Or not play for 60 days and then recruit myself when it becomes a referral reward l m a o

On 7/3/2019 at 12:15 AM, CraBeatOff said:

I like it. 370 VR and more camo than the Type 64. Reload gets to 6.7 with food and BiA. I use binos, rammer and optics right now, but a gld would be valid. Shells speed is acceptable. The smallness is really nice for getting into corners and poking behind small bushes. 508 VR with binos right now. With recon training it might have enough VR to use optics only but as a turreted TD you keep binds up lots. Like the hellcat it's a wanker not a medium but current tier 6 mm means you're fighting 7s or 6s where 221 pen is enough. It moves like an old LT before the across the board hp/t buffs.

1500 dpg thus far with no real dmg farming skills. 67% wins in 15 games because @sr360loves2throw sometimes. It'll settle in the low 70s. Optimal platoon with a VR stacked Type 64 and a Strv 42-57 for 80% wins

Sorry for the scrub-lord question, but what number would you consider "enough" on this thing? A more, in general answer to the question would be fine. I think I'll buy the T78, it looks like a fun little tank :-)

15 hours ago, zbran said:

Sorry for the scrub-lord question, but what number would you consider "enough" on this thing? A more, in general answer to the question would be fine. I think I'll buy the T78, it looks like a fun little tank :-)

It scales by tier I suppose. 460-470 would be where I'd feel good in tier 6 and consider switching to gld...but it's definitely a playstyle thing.

8 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

It scales by tier I suppose. 460-470 would be where I'd feel good in tier 6 and consider switching to gld...but it's definitely a playstyle thing.

Thanks for that. I bought it, only played a handful of games in it, but it's a nice little tank. The gun handling is nice, acceptable top speed(acceleration is a bit sluggish, but I have a potatoish crew, apart from a good commander), decent camo and it has a turret. Definitely has a Type 62 vibe about it. My "biggest gripe" is the reverse speed, dear sweet (insert deity here) it feels so bad. 

Really, because tier 6 prem tanks include things like Type 64, T-34-85M, Cromwell B....you would expect a great tank.

Jackson gun stats and dispersion. Hellcat speed and camo. Both their 243 APCR. Achilles DPM. 

Unfortunately, T78 does not take the best out of all of these and place them into a single tank....lt is slower than the Hellcat. The gun control is not as bad as Hellcat, but less than Jackson or Achilles. DPM is better than Hellcat, but less than Achilles. l think it is an actual nice job done, what you have is a normal balanced tier 6 prem. Not outwardly ridiculous like Cromwell B, Type, or T-34-85M

l am though uncertain, as to why WG felt the need to remove the 243 APCR round.