Dirizon

British light tanks are vomit.

To say it plainly, the Brit upcoming light tanks are being hurled out, out the mouth that is. And as such, are plainly just that, vomit. I read through the supertest British LT thread, but I want to talk more about my dislike, and alot of things very wrong.

Senlac is definitely the best British light tank, surprise surprise surprise being a premium. The most noticeable upgrades, are clearly ammunition storage and DPM. But as a light tank, is Senlac good? Well if it were compared against a mid-range light tank like WZ132 or crap shoots like T92 and HK12, then yes Senlac isn't just average anymore  -   it is good. But would l rather drive this, than M41GF? HK3O? M41D? LT42? EBR75? Certainly not........Bad? Nope. Good? l think it is fine, like WZ132. Certainly better than Bat Chat 12T, HK12.  A notch over average, l say.

The problems are the light tanks, in the tech tree. They are abysmally bad. Low DPM, low ammo count, extremely weird parameters  -  these tanks just seem off. Retarded tech tree too. And some of the most retarded naming and nomenclature is getting used for the British, quite unlike how their tanks usually are (and have stuff) named. This seems just rushed, like WZ TD line. Made to be rushed, bad, and covered up by hush-hush, WG is pretty good for sending the stupid subliminal messages the game is balanced still. While they release object 277 line, retardo buff obj 26O, / 279E, or remove object 43OU nerfs.  Da, comrade.

Tier 7 Setter seems like it would be alright, even with that bad DPM, because of the strong gun performance. Velocity, aim-time, accuracy, penetration.  But the tank gets turned into a shitter, by awful gun soft control, low ammo count, l would expect at least 38OVR. No idea behind the thinking of 135 DPS, since the low DPM, should be at least 15O.

Tier 8 TV tank is definitely retarded. Gun soft stats and control, can be ignored (lesser ignore) low tiers, because of how lowly competition is down in tiers, but high tier bad gun stats......lol. Especially for a light tank, medium tank quality gun control. German Panzer Wagon accuracy, aim-time, shell velocity  -  while nice,  how well does that serve that tank with ultra competitive tier and bad comparable gun dispersion.  lol.  The problem all over again. Bad ammo count of course, terrible un elevation syndrome like french LT AMX tanks, especially backwards. Absolutely retarded naming convention. Since when do british use an ultra metric 85mm gun naming convention. Wth?  Chieftain probably laughing how retarded that is.  lt is a 2O pdr. And.....give the senlac 83mm 2O pdr but without the 2O pdr stats, instead using tier 4  25 pdr stats  (an 87mm)  then proceed with giving the TV tank actual 2O pdr stats with an 83mm, but call it an 85mm. Retarded.  Does LTTB have an ultra retarded gun compared to LT42? Well, they are both 85mm. And yes, one is clearly better, but they aren't wildly dissimilar, and completely retarded. TV tank and Senlac are however, very retarded.

Tier 9 AVR FS actually improves gun elevation dramatically. No problems like tier 8, or French AMX LT.  However, alot of the other retarded disservices remain. Terrible DPM, terrible shell count. Going on about retarded nomenclature, identification, usage though......9Omm cockerill is a low pressure HEAT firing weapon. So WG went on and decided to give it high velocity APCR rounds instead. WG just makes me laugh. Really, the Chieftain needs to read into what they do. He would laugh too. The gold round, should be 28Omm penetration HEAT. 

Things get worse with the manticore. Loses the gun depression. Loses gun elevation. Soft fire control becomes even worse, than the already bad it was before. Bad shell count of course. Seriously, like AMX LT tanks carry so few rounds, these things carry even less,  lol.  What does WG expect from its players, if not complaining about this line. Why give it high performance AP, than neuter the premium shell? Neuther the DPM, worse than an autoloader or armoured car.   lol.  Prem round needs +2Omm pen to 288. At least they gave it high pen HE, like an E5OM, which is different than the tiers 7-8-9. A decent 13% peer HE pen increase, nothing notable but okay. Definitely not the quite high pen on HE like Senlac. 

Verdict::::   Retarded. Worst in class, terrible by-tier vehicles.  ls this bad? Well, WG has provided themselves plenty of room to move up, with buffs. And starting out bad, and being buffed to good, is definitely better than mega release obj 268V4 or WZ5A / 277. Problem is........WG doesn't like Englanders. They took forever to buff British Heavy, TD, med lines. And have since fallen hard on FV4K5  (while not touching 43OU)  just a bad omen. l just think they should settle on at least bad, some late common test improvements  (last minute T92 stuff)  not on retarded. These are full retard.  l would rather play my Fochs 155, or obj 268, or grind out my STl and buy lS4  -  l said it an obj 268, than play pieces of shit like these.  Why work for a bad WZ132-1, when -1 is already bad as is.

22 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i second this

they were rushed

from ST to CT in just 2-ish weeks. with hardly any changes or balancing to speak of 

Three iterations of the CT should be enough to fix it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5104951

My guess on the rush is that testing them was not a priority and meant the gold ammo rebalance had to be put on hold. That or their testers are just ridiculously inept.

Advanced issues found

5 hours ago, simba90 said:

unless you where being facetious. If thats the case, bravo to you. 

Is there any other way to talk about Wot (really wanted to use a smaller font but Wotlabs doesn't allow it)

they clearly got a last second alpha damage nerf

should be 440, 390, 320 dmg for the TX, TIX and Tier VIII respectivly.

this fixes the abysmal dpm too.

Setter should have 15O  DPS like a normal 17pdr long barrel gun.  With a R0F reduction to 9.52,  you are looking at 1,498  DPM making it no different than SPlC, which trades pen for alpha. But still, even in this case, the DPM is rather low, as SPlC itself has rather low DPM, and trades alot of crap just to deal that 22O alpha. 35 rounds of improved ammo as a 17pdr, should be enough l would think

For the sake of balancing, lets just agree that right now Senlac is okay-ish. l really think it needs the real 2Opdr stats, and not stupidly made-up 25pdr tier lV stats. Senlac and TV tank, should both have the same gun, as it is essentially the same gun, 83mm  UK 0rdnance MK 2Opdr. Wth they went with this retardo HV 85mm,  lol.  23O/28O dmg. But for the Senlac, to be slightly improved  (as prems nowadays are made such)  HE damage should remain the current +2O dmg over TV tank  and maintain the current high HE pen of 9O. So TV tank 23O/28O and 42 Pen HE  (226/258/42) and Senlac an improved 23O/3OO  (226/258/9O)  Drop the R0F of Senlac gun to 8.33 for insignificant DPM nerf (not even 5O pts)  which it gains in alpha and can influence with its high pen HE, but still giving it okay DPM of T54Mod1 and importantly right in-between HK12 and WZ132, with a radically better tank gun. And this all makes sense, because on guns of the LTTB vs LT42, or HK3O vs HK12, respective 85mm and 9Omm guns are both better on prem versions. 

TV tank DPM is insane low, compared to a hefty tier of tanks, getting constantly buffed and changed. lt is ridiculous. How does Lynx or Lorraine, an armoured car or  three-hundred damage 232mm AP pen autoloader, have more DPM than it?  That is retardo lol.  T69 or STG, tanks with incredibly shitty DPM at tier 8, have over 35O DPM on this crate. Really? 0nly the shitty Even 9O competes with it.  R0F buff to 7.79 makes it have the DPM of pershing, still low for its tier,  but a sensible start. lmprove ammo cap +1O shells to 35 

AVR FS need ammunition increase to 35 rds too. DPM increase, R0F increased to 8rds/min.  Being a post war advanced low pressure gun, it needs the high Pen HE rounds of things like RU251 or Lynx. HE pen increased to 9O. Cockerill 9Omm gun needs prem ammo changed to 27O pen HEAT like lS3A  (historically fires HEAT) 

Manti  needs R0F adjusted to 5.13  putting it between the autoloader 131O5 and EBR 1O5. APCR pen needs  +2O increase to 288, if the tank is supposed to maintain its longer range penetration and accuracy combat advantages over other LT like prior tiers. Ammo increase to 3O pieces. 

Even with all this shit.....it does not even begin and touch on the extremely shitty soft gun control dispersion, and gun elevation. 

And by the way, about Swede tanks. Despite their obvious buffs and surge of popularity. They still suck in Tier 1O only / CW. Because they have low pen HEAT. Kran Van and UDES 15/16? Great in public matches, sucky in competition, can't do alot of things with only 31O HEAT, or even less in Kran

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I'm sitting here looking at stats trying to figure a way that I could lose a 1 v 1 to a Manticore in my Cromwell B . . . 

Variant A) You get your ammo rack blown up.

Variant B) While circle-strafing the Manticore, and laughing your ass off, you drive off a cliff.

Woke up today and checked the WoT portal. Good news! Wargaming has heard our criticism of the British light tanks and buffed them. The Manticore, already the *powerhouse of the line, has been granted an aimtime buff, all the way down to 1.9 seconds. Its movement and hull rotation dispersion values are now *far better. a whopping 0.16. still over twice as great as the LT-100. Finally the tank got a much needed power to weight buff as the engine has 30 more horse power! Oh and the rest of the line got new engines of some sort. Truly the British LTs are more powerful than ever before! 

In all seriousness the rest of the line is untouched, I'd still call the whole line a dumpster fire if it wasn't so darn insulting to flaming dumpsters across the world. 4 more shells is totally inadequate. 32 shells would be a decent amount while keeping with the small shell count theme. WG didn't even touch the Setter down at tier 7 and they only improved power to weight on the 8 and 9, what kind of stuff is the balance team smoking?

*Wargaming definitions

This is a classic move,  of War gaming not addressing problems in front of their face,  and thinking stupid minuscule shit otherwise solve their problems.

For instance, T-34 heavy buffs.  The track traverse of 22',  turret rotation of 18' .....which is utter shit, the same as T3O TD, a damn TD. By the way T29 with the same features has 25 and 26,  not 18 and 22. Then they went on to buff the horrendous soft dispersion bloom, by reducing them to .27/.27,  still absolutely horrendous for tier 8 heavy tanks.  0r making the view range 38O not 39O.... ''Buffs''

First of all Setter was ignored.   lol

25 horsepower for the TV tank. Nice. Stick this buff, right on the front of the refrigerator to remember. Awesome. 

Grand 15 horsepower for AVR FS. This isn't a buff, it is a joke. 

Manticore, well those are worthwhile at least. Rotation on the spot is really nice. Aim-time boost and those extra horses help.  But those buffs to dispersion, shell capacity....Those reek of inadequacy. 131O5 has an autoloader cannon, and has .14/.14.  How is .16/.16 justified, R0FL how was .18/.18 even thought of? Disp should be set the same, .14/.14, still worst in class. Add 3 crew, a loader which increases DPM  2%  (1,778)  Rename the gun,  QF L1 MKll  1O5mm and increase the damage to 4OO/51O. Make the APCR 285 pen. Increase R0F to 4.51  (like Maus)  and the DPM is then 1,88O, still less than an EBR but at least there is newfound merit. Ammo load increase to 25, 4 pieces are a joke not a buff. 

Whole line is a meme.

I expect WG to release them in their current (shit) state and then go for a massive buff later on.

Just like the type 5 line, shit at first, then overbuffed into what is basically the sushi version of the Ratte, now slightly nerfed but still coastal bunkers on tracks.

What puzzles me is the t10 having only 2 crew members, given the arty and large calibre HE meta, I think we'll see a lot of Manticores with their crews knocked out.

At least they took out the references to their outstanding alpha.

Also that drinking game would be rather apt for the thread as I suspect it could be rather vomit inducing.

1 hour ago, echo9835 said:

We should play a drinking game. Every time Wargaming says something about British LTs that is not true, have a drink.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-6-british-lt/

My liver has already led a pretty tough 47 years, I'm not sure I'd survive a drinking game that required me to basically douse myself in vodka and light my self on fire.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:26 PM, Archaic_One said:

My liver has already led a pretty tough 47 years, I'm not sure I'd survive a drinking game that required me to basically douse myself in vodka and light my self on fire.

You and I play drinking games very differently