dustygator

Homefront - PvE mode

It doesn't look terrible...

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-modes/homefront-regulations-0719/

• The fuel/daily match limit will probably strongly discourage anyone decent from trying to do it with random pubbies.
  • Looks like you will be playing tier 4-6 tanks with historical loadouts (separate from your garage). Curious how crew will work; crew training would be nice but running 100% stock crew probably isn't a big deal against bots
  • Apparently getting both pieces of purple equipment over the event period is possible if you try-hard. So probably not worth the time effort to go for both, but even one piece is a pretty nice carrot given the bond cost.

I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Sounds indeed really fun. I'm looking forward to it too. Sucks that I don't really have anyone to play it with.

About the crew I think they mentioned on the forums that the tanks, crews will be separate and you get no XP or credits on the mode. 

EDIT: It's shit the way they implemented it. 

"You have the opportunity to speed up your progress and get valuable Bond equipment faster by purchasing special bundles. They contain additional bonuses, including days of Premium Account, XP and Credit boosters, and more. Thanks to these extras, you can boost your Front faster and shorten the way to your well-deserved rewards."

:serb:

The fact that I can't use my tanks or train my crews is a huge turnoff for me. I'm on vacation traveling for most of the time the event is life and don't really care. I'll have a couple of days where I can try it out for fun and that's enough for me. Tryharding for some equipment? Nah.

the MM is especially retarded in this one.... that fuel limit is a turn off, but stupid MM is even bigger. Got to level 2, MM paired me with level 1 players. Have fun stopping 4 tigers at the 6th attack. I'm surprised we even got there... Not to mention that Achilles cant pen tiger and doesn´t have gold or he ammo, so you are stuck with flanking Tigers with speed/traverse demon Achilles while others are basically oneshot.

What H4NI said.

Also grinding without spending some gold is insane, you literally have to play every single day, for the max amount of battles, for both fronts, and not be the last shitter, to have a chance to win stuff.

Or, you know, you could drop 15k gold and upgrade everything to level 3 and only focus on those 4k points to grind (which still takes some dedication).

I guess i'll wait for the next ranked event.

Used up my two fuel yesterday shortly after it dropped, without much information. It didn't seem much fun. At level 1, trying to stop 4 Panthers at the end when standard ammo bounces off the side and half the team of pubbies are already dead (i.e. used up all 3 of their tanks) means there is no hope of victory.

Another game-mode where the grind seems absolutely unreal (they've killed Frontline in this way too). It's like WG is determined to make grinding in the standard game as quick as possible while simultaenously every event has a torturous, unrealistic grind unless you play the game like a full-time job. While a piece of improved equipment is pretty nice carrot given the bond cost, the game limit per day means you're pretty screwed in terms of your progress if you get unlucky in just one game.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:03 PM, H4NI said:

the MM is especially retarded in this one.... that fuel limit is a turn off, but stupid MM is even bigger. Got to level 2, MM paired me with level 1 players. Have fun stopping 4 tigers at the 6th attack. I'm surprised we even got there... Not to mention that Achilles cant pen tiger and doesn´t have gold or he ammo, so you are stuck with flanking Tigers with speed/traverse demon Achilles while others are basically oneshot.

Shouldn't the Achilles have the 17lber so is able to pen the Tiger pretty easily? 

playing this platooned made it real easy to earn points, im the only one grinding from level 1s and they're all playing tier 3 so i'm almost always last (6 division points and around 115 reward points per game) which means that grinding everything up to level 3 takes longer than getting the reward points)

just by looking at it using the small gold option really lines the grind up better so you end up completing both at the same time which is pretty useful since you can't spam the mode until you're done

when playing east ironsides at level 3, yolo into the open and die on the field so u spot all the big tanks as a kv1, u'll spam out so much dmg and everyone can line their artystrikes up that you can basically win the two last rounds on any map in less than 30 seconds

Does any of you guys have random game freezes (need to restart the wot) and dark screen bug when getting out to garage after battle has ended?

15 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Shouldn't the Achilles have the 17lber so is able to pen the Tiger pretty easily? 

I'm retarded: it's Wolverine, not Achilles. But it's the same stock gun on both of them, so I wasn't wrong, lol.

101 pen, no premium shells

Lost every battle where there are higher-tier player on the team, just not enough hitpoints to deal with the bot snapshots. Just want the camo then not touching this again. Spotting seems broken, 6th Sense rings non-stop no matter how many bushes I'm behind, yet they can drive across an open field until they're proximity spotted right beside me. And those StuG snapshots...

Finally, a mode where you get to face wave after wave of brainless opponents in higher tier tanks driving straight forward and defeating you through a combination of ludicrous statistical advantages and constant miraculous snap shots. This is a very fresh and new experience.

Decided to buy the Western Level 3 divisions, mainly because of the credit boosters..

Got the rammer in 20 games (19 wins and 1 really close loss)

Will buy the Eastern level 3 divisions as well, so that I get those extra 30 credit boners, and maybe a iVstab.

If you play with 4 friends it gets REALLY easy.

The matching 5 random players of different tiers 100% FUCKED this game mode

Last night:  Playing in a Platoon of 5:  2 Level 2s and 3 Level 1s, we won 4:4 EASY

Tonight: Playing in a Platoon of 2: Lost 3:3 games ALWAYS matched with mixed tier, STUPID ass 2s can't carry at all.

2s probably failed their way through.

It's just the nature of this game, you get brought down by people who, at this point, are intentionally playing bad.

If you're platooned with friends (assuming your friends aren't monkeys) it's relatively easy but harder with too many tier mismatches. It's actually fun before the grindiness sets in. Why do we need a fuel limit when tedium will work just as well.

The 350 gold option speeds things up tremendously. 

Random teams, at least at this point in the event, are a disaster. Don't waste your fuel. One, maybe two, randoms in a premade ins't so terrible as long as you don't get the equivalent of squirrels with opposable thumbs. 

Pubbies wanted a historic mode. Turns out that shooting spitballs at Tiger I's isn't as much fun as they thought. 

The airstrikes between waves is a giant fuck you to slow tanks, pointless other than to destroy most of the cover you'd been using.  The fact that the circles overlap to make a bigger circle is wonderful. 

On 7/26/2019 at 1:49 PM, KR33P said:

Does any of you guys have random game freezes (need to restart the wot) and dark screen bug when getting out to garage after battle has ended?

Yep, just happened to me. so fucking stupid

I really want to know which one of these geniuses decided 4 tier ones with a single tier three warrants a full fucking 10 waves. How genuinely incompetent can you possibly be to not understand difficulty should scale? WG is like a doctor that doesn't know how to take a pulse.

Again, play with friends.

Played 2 "randoms" yesterday, won one because me and another level 3 carried super hard in SU 85s, the other was a loss because our level 1s (3, with 1 level 2 and me as a level 3) lost all their tanks before the first tiger wave.

Which is the third one.

Out of 10.

Shooting AI.

Somehow we made it to the 7 panthers wave but then again we got memed by what looks like 0.01 accuracy and 0.001 bloom values on those panthers. 

Luckily I'm 7 games away from the reward, then I'm officially done.