Diriz0n

Turtle MK tank opinions?

l just saw QB intro with the vehicle. Hybridizing Tortoise with Badger. What does everyone think so far?  Well, l'd say it is at least better than AT15, but given that AT15 is top 5 terrible tier 8, even after its buffing 2O17, that doesn't mean much if anything at all.

- Better HP/T compared to tortoise and AT15, more than T28 and TS5, but still crippled by woeful top speed and reverse gear. 

- excellent gun characteristics including aim-time, accuracy, gun dep, gun swivel, elevation....but will likely have same awful gun disp stats Tortoise, AT15, AT15A. Turning it into SPG if it moves

- Has a gun like oho, an unique 1O5mm giving it +1O more base dmg.  Has crushingly powerful DPM and R0F for such a gun, slightly more than TS5.

- Crippled by penetration performance, only slightly better than Jag Tiger 88, but will be without the pref MM.....

l think it will be a subpar TS5, an avg tier 8 tank. And avg tier 8, doesn't mean much. ls it better than AT15, for sure, leaps and bounds better. Alot of things aboard the tank are nice, like increased power-to-weight for something otherwise super heavy. Good aim-time and accuracy, DPM, like Badger no roof mounted riff-raff, and gun versatility with the good depression / swivel. But l have no doubt the gun disp stats will be horrid like the rest of the Tortoise line, nullifying its supposed aim-time / accuracy adv. Camo prob will also be poor. The top speed and penetration are just dreadful, and really hurt the machine. lncreasing top speed to 3Okm like Badger and improved pen to 22O/253 would go long way in making the tank playable.

I think if you're dumb enough to sit in front of it and let it wail on you, you'll get shredded in a few. If you are smart enough to drive around it (like the Tier 9 Tortoise), then... it's just a T8 XP pinata. 

I played through the AT15 and played a lot of AT15-A when I first started this game. The flat spot on the shoulder = weakness. Yeah the T8 doesn't have copulas, that's probably it's redeeming quality. Personally, I think the TS5 would be the better hulldown TD.

10 hours ago, Matross said:

I think if you're dumb enough to sit in front of it and let it wail on you, you'll get shredded in a few. If you are smart enough to drive around it (like the Tier 9 Tortoise), then... it's just a T8 XP pinata. 

I played through the AT15 and played a lot of AT15-A when I first started this game. The flat spot on the shoulder = weakness. Yeah the T8 doesn't have copulas, that's probably it's redeeming quality. Personally, I think the TS5 would be the better hulldown TD.

TS5 has the redeeming quality of ammunition that will actually penetrate enemies. 

I love how this guy simply ignores questions about his Os and 0s.

Anyway.

Tank is abysmal, 240ish premium pen against tier 10s is stupid on such a slow and un-maneuverable platform. Of course armour has no weakspots for lower tiers to shoot at but gets 22'd by every other tier 8s.

Wg either rushed this one too (just like the British lights) or they just hope people will buy it because hurr durr new premium, durr.

2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Tank is abysmal, 240ish premium pen against tier 10s is stupid on such a slow and un-maneuverable platform. Of course armour has no weakspots for lower tiers to shoot at but gets 22'd by every other tier 8s.

l agree.  But it seems to be more like Badger, than more like tortoise or AT15. lf that is the case, we need to see the exact armour layout before we see how it may or may not be. For instance Badger, prem ammunition does not really help against penetrating its superstructure, and more than likely you will still fail to pen hitting it with standard tier X tank HEAT shells or APCR from AMX & Super Conq. Again, the same what they did with TS5, hitting the tank body, is more or less proofed vs 265mm APCR, a standard hard hitting APCR round for tier 8s   (AMX/lS3/252) 

The tank loses gun sweep characteristics from AT15  (\-25 | 25-/) but at twenty, it is still very good, and can allow the vehicle to play like a heavy tank in city maps where it can funnel enemies. For this, it is also substantially quicker than AT15, having a decent heavy tank power-to-weight of 13. But the top speed, again is horridly let down.

Penetration is extremely loathsome. l agree. They did the same with polish heavy tanks. But those have turrets, they can afford peeking and aiming. l personally don't see the point of this, especially since WG just took the time to buff British 32pdr guns penetration 

4 hours ago, kariverson said:

I'm pretty sure his capital "I" (i) is also a small "I" (L). Look at IS3 haha :P

Sure as shit! I (proper, capital 'i") just confirmed it with a text search.  

On 8/6/2019 at 11:32 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

I love how this guy simply ignores questions about his Os and 0s.

he also ignores post content that he cannot refute. I believe its part of a general trend of ignoring post content he may not reply adequately to.

Refute what? How footage of troops in Baghdad always feature themselves moving past burnt out remains of T55, T72, BRDM?

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/t-54-assess.htm

Go on supporting that junk you call tanks, the same junk that becomes charred carbon in every major conflict since WWll

No different in the air too. Western technology billed greater air-win/loss ratios. Funny thing, in Korea there were even Soviet pilots. Still got shot down. 

Dirizon is like when the drunk person thinks he is a historian.

"Gee I wonder why a 1990's tank driven by US has an advantage over a 1945 tank driven by 'goat-fuckers' from an army whose purpose is to terrorize farmers, can you explain why?"

Except he's not asking the question. Its his central argument. Lol. Fucking dumbass

16 hours ago, Oicraftian said:

Dirizon is like when the drunk person thinks he is a historian.

"Gee I wonder why a 199O's tank driven by US has an advantage over a 1945 tank driven by 'goat-fuckers' from an army whose purpose is to terrorize farmers, can you explain why?"

Except he's not asking the question. Its his central argument. Lol. Fucking dumbass

FTFY