God damn this forum is dead how does this topic not exist yet? Also I'm making this topic from my phone because work filters, so sue me for not typing out all the stats.  Here's the TanksGG page.

Anyways, basic overview. Skoda T 27 - the premium (and thus worlds better than tech tree) tier 8 Czechoslovakian medium tank.

3 round clip, 240 alpha with 1.8s intraclip and 23.01s clip reload with 100% crew. Rounds are AP 202pen standard, APCR 242 pen gold, who cares what the HE is. 

Mobility feels about the same as the tier 9 - same top speed but i cba looking up terrain resistances. Armor is obviously mostly a non-factor, but being tier 8 means you can meme bounce autoaiming idiots and low tiers who shoot your turret face more often.

My thoughts:

I've played something like 15 games in it so far while doing the Czech holidays event on NA. Winrate's not great (54% last i checked) because like all autoloaders it's super easy to get into trouble overextending and i have some bad habits.  Gun feels as derpy if not more so than the T50, I like to joke that one shot out of every three in the T50 will miss or bounce and that seems to be true for this gun as well. I miss the shell velocity from APCR default as well and that's fucking with my DPG a bit until I get used to it. 202 AP is just this side of workable but I've definitely run full gold in matches before for both shell velocity and pen reasons.

Also, the ammorack is a little fragile - had it damaged twice in three shots from a Pantera in one match yesterday. Haven't had a full detonation yet but it's a matter of time and getting shot too much. No fires yet despite running food, and I didn't notice any other significant rates of module or crew wreckage.

Overall, it feels like a downtiered T50 with a bit less HP and the AP default gun. Miles better than the TVP VTU of course, and it really should be the tech tree option if they're not gonna give the VTU an autoloader to match up with the T9/10, but $$$ I guess, most new premiums are this way in the current year. I definitely like it, as will anyone else who enjoy the tech tree 9 and 10 Skodas.

My current setup:

Medkit/Repkit/Food, Vstab/Vents/Optics. I went with Vents because I had em lying around and they put me at 470 viewrange with my crew, but given the general derpiness of the gun I did consider a GLD.

I carry half AP half APCR (which I believe is 27 of each).

Crew skills (my T50 crew) are:

Commander (girl): Sixth/BiA/Sit. Aware/Repairs/Camo, might dump Repairs for Recon and retrain it again

Gunner: BiA/Snap/Repairs/Camo

Driver: BiA/ORD/Repairs (which maybe i should change to smooth ride, but... Firing on the move in this thing is eh)/Camo

Loader: BiA/Safe/Repairs/Camo

Food, vents, and BiA push the clip reload down to 21ish seconds I think. Maybe 22.

Thoughts? It seems actually fairly well-balanced to me.

Well, it sort of exists. In the upcoming stuff section:

Since I love me my Skoda 50 and this looks like a downtiered version I bought it despite the pre-release nerfs. Sure, it's not as good as the Progetto, but that may be a good thing. In fact, I would say it is balanced but still pretty good. 

It feels pretty comfortable to play, to be honest. I'm only 36 game in, but a 67% WR (will go down, for sure) and an 1800 dpg is well above the Progetto for me. Both the WR and thereby the DPG will go down, this is just a small sample size and all that. I'm usually hovering at 55ish%.

I went v-stab, vents and optics, and since I have a bunch of those vent-purge directive things lying around I use those as well (or will, until I run out). Crew almost has three full skills, including BIA. May train up the girls for the missions since with books they will soon be better than those boys.  

It does bounce some tier 6 shots when angled, and some miracle-bounces against other tiers. It's about similar to the Pantera, which always did bounce a bit more than the paper Progetto for me. Mostly the bounces are RNG though, nothing to count on. 

Verdict? I like it and don't regret buying it. It will probably be quite usable in Frontline as well and a break from the Progetto. Not as good as the Progetto for sure (it is too good, let's not kid ourselves), but good enough. 

i was looking forward to the tank prior to WG suddenly nerfing it

its not bad per say, but overall i feel it needs either shorter clip reload (like the 18/19 seconds it used to have) or higher damage per shot of around 300-320. between the progetto and the Lorr 40t, the skoda just feels mediocre, or i guess in today's terms "balanced"

5 hours ago, Kymrel said:

Well, it sort of exists. In the upcoming stuff section:

Since I love me my Skoda 50 and this looks like a downtiered version I bought it despite the pre-release nerfs. Sure, it's not as good as the Progetto, but that may be a good thing. In fact, I would say it is balanced but still pretty good. 

It feels pretty comfortable to play, to be honest. I'm only 36 game in, but a 67% WR (will go down, for sure) and an 1800 dpg is well above the Progetto for me. Both the WR and thereby the DPG will go down, this is just a small sample size and all that. I'm usually hovering at 55ish%.

I went v-stab, vents and optics, and since I have a bunch of those vent-purge directive things lying around I use those as well (or will, until I run out). Crew almost has three full skills, including BIA. May train up the girls for the missions since with books they will soon be better than those boys.  

It does bounce some tier 6 shots when angled, and some miracle-bounces against other tiers. It's about similar to the Pantera, which always did bounce a bit more than the paper Progetto for me. Mostly the bounces are RNG though, nothing to count on. 

Verdict? I like it and don't regret buying it. It will probably be quite usable in Frontline as well and a break from the Progetto. Not as good as the Progetto for sure (it is too good, let's not kid ourselves), but good enough. 

oh fair enough I didn't look in that subforum.

The bounces are definitely RNG or idiots but I bounced three shots in a row from a T-44-100 while desperately reloading in like, my second match in the thing, which is why i felt like it was worth mentioning.  As far as I can tell the hull and turret armor are the exact same as the tier 9 Skoda, and having the same armor a tier lower is obviously a general increase in armor effectiveness

I also didn't realize it got pre-release nerfed, a slightly faster clip reload would be nice but honestly it's in a pretty good spot balance-wise

e: just logged on, 58% in 19 battles. Small sample size indeed but it is better than what I had thought I was at.

i certainly enjoy the tank and with vents and optics it makes for a decent vision platform. The gun feels like the T50s but downgraded so if you are used to the 50/51 you shouldn't have any issues with getting used to the gun.

Comparing this to the VTU is almost a non-starter. That tank is terrible, this one is at least not shit and not hilariously OP. I'm playing pretty well in it right now (for me) so It's a good pick.The Female crew from the missions is also a nice bonus

20 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i was looking forward to the tank prior to WG suddenly nerfing it

its not bad per say, but overall i feel it needs either shorter clip reload (like the 18/19 seconds it used to have) or higher damage per shot of around 300-320. between the progetto and the Lorr 40t, the skoda just feels mediocre, or i guess in today's terms "balanced"

This, at the moment it's just a shitter Progetto in virtually ever way, having 0.2s faster clip speed doesn't make up for worse DPM, worse accuracy, worse gun handling, worse mobility, worse pen.

The high tier meds have fast firing clips, with decent pen and fast reloads. 

This thing has the fast firing clip but not the other two, doing 720 damage with crap pen and like a 25s reload doesn't appeal to me. 

Don't see the point of the thing compared to the Progetto or the Lorraine. 

Like you say pre nerf stats it look decent, but then they nerfed it right down. 

The differences between tier 9 Skoda and tier 8 prem T27 though,  is obviously the DPM discrepancy.

Skoda at tier 9, has no worse DPM than tanks like WZ, T54E1, T54 using pen gun, Cent7/1.  Meaning it has worthwhile DPM. However, skoda T27 is on the quite low side, having worse DPM than tanks like T69 and AMX, which also them having not too good DPM either to begin with. How on earth does it even have less DPM than progetto or lorraine? With lorraine having greatly superior gun. Skoda needs fire rate brought up to 7.5~ range/minute

Well, having played it quite a bit over the last week I have to say it's fine as it is. I wouldn't mind a slightly faster reload, but it's competitive as is. One of those things where the sum of the parts is better than you'd think, I guess. 

It still is no Spagetto, but if OP premiums are not what this game needs that's a good thing.

6 hours ago, Dirizon said:

The differences between tier 9 Skoda and tier 8 prem T27 though,  is obviously the DPM discrepancy.

Skoda at tier 9, has no worse DPM than tanks like WZ, T54E1, T54 using pen gun, Cent7/1.  Meaning it has worthwhile DPM. However, skoda T27 is on the quite low side, having worse DPM than tanks like T69 and AMX, which also them having not too good DPM either to begin with. How on earth does it even have less DPM than progetto or lorraine? With lorraine having greatly superior gun. Skoda needs fire rate brought up to 7.5~ range/minute

The issue is that it has worse reload time than the T50 but also with 80 less alpha.

The tank feels pretty damn balanced as is but like Kymrel said, having the original 20 second base clip reload with 100% crew would be pretty great

I've tried it out in Frontlines. It's not bad there, but the difference in gun accuracy compared to the Progetto is far more pronounced than in randoms due to the range of many engagements. It will miss outright at long range, or fail to hit weakspots at medium ranges where I'm used to the Progetto connecting.

I find myself starting out in the Progetto most of the time in Frontlines and thought this tank would be a reasonable substitute for variety, but that's not been the case, sadly.