Sign in to follow this  
A_Chodeful

POST UR GAINZ EVERYONE

186cm, 91kg, 300lb bench raw, 450lb deadlift raw, 400lb squat raw

max 500lb~ deadlift and squat and 315lb~ bench (in suit and belt) more than a year ago, (then i stopped going to gym for almost a year, i only started going again 3 months ago)

[15%bf. Head is 7 inches wide (99.Xth percentile). Neck circumference is 18.5 inches (95.Xth percentile). Head circumference is 64cm (99.Xth percentile). TFW you are proportionally unicum.]

auRZBhn.png

below are my goals; 99th percentile in either the 83kg or 93kg weightclass; those numbers are taken from powerlifting meets

Male-Percentiles.jpg?ssl=1

Instead of chasing gains I decided to chase overall fitness. Have some good trainers who work on mobility, cardio, short term endurance and strength. Wend down 9kg to 71kg. Need to go 3-4kg more then go up again. Better for overall health, easier to maintain and more usable in a variety of activities. 

13 hours ago, Kolni said:

yeah but i have pretty much all your dpgs beat so who's really the champ here :doge: 

ok mr fingolian sure u do

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Instead of chasing gains I decided to chase overall fitness. Have some good trainers who work on mobility, cardio, short term endurance and strength. Wend down 9kg to 71kg. Need to go 3-4kg more then go up again. Better for overall health, easier to maintain and more usable in a variety of activities. 

i was thinking of taking up muay thai, but then i read about how it's all cardio and you lose alot of muscle mass just conditioning yourself; then i started thinking about taking up hybrid strength/end conditioning, but then decided against it; i'd rather just learn how to punch/elbow/knee people/sandbags properly - i dont think you need alot of cardio to be able to throw a good punch

wrestling on the other hand, i've been looking to get into that since yesterday; it's not nearly as big a shift

17 hours ago, A_Chodeful said:

i was thinking of taking up muay thai, but then i read about how it's all cardio and you lose alot of muscle mass just conditioning yourself; then i started thinking about taking up hybrid strength/end conditioning, but then decided against it; i'd rather just learn how to punch/elbow/knee people/sandbags properly - i dont think you need alot of cardio to be able to throw a good punch

wrestling on the other hand, i've been looking to get into that since yesterday; it's not nearly as big a shift

thats because a punch starts from your big toe, the issue for you is do you want to fight/ street fight or wrestle? if you want to wrestle pure muscle gains are probly great but for any other kind of fighting kick boxing reigns supreme for a good reason.

a nice bicep dosent mean shit(but muscle strength is great). core strength, balance and ability to punch/ kick while maintaining a good centre of gravity and dodging your opponent are far more important in a fight. you dont go into a fight to trade blows like a pleb.

watch mike tysons fights to see how someone can fight and hit without bieng hit.

20 hours ago, A_Chodeful said:

In wrestling you will need a lot of endurance. Not typical cardio but something close to interval training. Similar to what I need for downhill biking.

As for boxing - to be a good boxer you need cardio. Punching will tire you if you do it properly not just stand in front of a bag and punch with your arm

31 minutes ago, westybig said:

watch mike tysons fights to see how someone can fight and hit without bieng hit.

I mean for something more recent.. just watch Floyd dodge/tank hits until the other guy tires out as he starts going on the offensive, that's been his gameplan for most of his career and it is working great :doge: 

Speaking of Tyson, he's a real good example of how a boxer can win on sheer strength alone (even though he didn't win all his matches that way) but how many people can really get that good technique on their strikes, he had the best hook out of anyone so ofc he can fuck people up hard with landing hits but that ain't gonna work for the average gym boy with 20-inch biceps stepping in the ring :doge: 

For a boxer with insane defensive skills (but sadly lacking on the offensive end) Wilfred Benitez is deffo somebody to look up, 3time champion at age of 22 (through weight switching, but still)

Went from 92 kg to 77 kg while doing a through hike, came back and even after atrophy in my upper body, can pull just as hard and have been able to hit 7a climbs that before were the edge of my ability, just two days after being back, the goal today is to hit 7b, and within the next two or three months start scratching into 7c/7c+. Bonus is I went from 9% BF to about 3%.

4 hours ago, Kolni said:

I mean for something more recent.. just watch Floyd dodge/tank hits until the other guy tires out as he starts going on the offensive, that's been his gameplan for most of his career and it is working great :doge: 

Speaking of Tyson, he's a real good example of how a boxer can win on sheer strength alone (even though he didn't win all his matches that way) but how many people can really get that good technique on their strikes, he had the best hook out of anyone so ofc he can fuck people up hard with landing hits but that ain't gonna work for the average gym boy with 20-inch biceps stepping in the ring :doge: 

For a boxer with insane defensive skills (but sadly lacking on the offensive end) Wilfred Benitez is deffo somebody to look up, 3time champion at age of 22 (through weight switching, but still)

its honestly quite hard trying to decipher what OP wants. As someone who has put in the last 10 months into muay thai it honestly seems like he is your average gym shitter who grew muscles and gained a superego to fit. Here is the issue with martial arts.

Any martial artist worth its Asian salt takes fucking years to get proficient in (and wrestling etc). pick what you want to do. It isnt fucking pixel shitter gamer crap and you cant apply such a dumbfuck ego to any of it. whatever kind of idea you have about martial arts you should have honestly started before you started lifting (lifting is great but you need many other core strength skills as well in any martial arts profession) and sparring takes years to perfect and train in.

my coach is still shitting on guys who are bulk AF over basic thing and i have trained with them and they could snap my spine in a heartbeat. TBH gains before going into martial arts isnt a bad idea but remove any semblance of an ego you had because you will get shit on for a long time.

22 hours ago, westybig said:

a nice bicep dosent mean shit(but muscle strength is great). core strength, balance and ability to punch/ kick while maintaining a good centre of gravity and dodging your opponent are far more important in a fight. you dont go into a fight to trade blows like a pleb.

This. Muscles alone don't mean shit if you don't know how to properly throw a punch/fight. A guy half your weight can knock you out on technique alone. I'd argue that even if Muay Thai means you lose weight/muscle mass, you'd be better toned and probably look much better.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:37 AM, Fulcrous said:

This. Muscles alone don't mean shit if you don't know how to properly throw a punch/fight. A guy half your weight can knock you out on technique alone. I'd argue that even if Muay Thai means you lose weight/muscle mass, you'd be better toned and probably look much better.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. If I knew someone practiced Muay Thai, even if he weighed 20kg less than me, I'd avoid the fight.

All I want to do is be able to throw a good punch, (b/c punching force is like DPG and I like DPG), not to be able to fight in a ring. If I ever got in a fight that I couldn't run away from, I'd just bring out my knife or smash a glass bottle, and go on the defensive, and slash him every time he reached in. 

I also don't like how risky striking sports are, headwise. My best asset is my head. So the other appeal of wrestling to me is that it's a good empty hand sport where you can express power without unnecessary risks to your head.