Jump to content
Kymrel

Steel Hunter - Yet another game mode

Recommended Posts

Starting with low ammo is fine, but jsut 8 shots is just stupid. If you don't find an ammo crate before your next best spawned enemy does, you're just flat out fucked and might just as well roll over and go back to garage. This is nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding a crate as soon as you spawn usually isn't an issue though. But I guess you're really not supposed to pick fights early anyway.

The grind to 25 was a lot easier than anticipated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried it just now a little bit. I agree starting with just 8 ammo is ridiculous. My first game, I only found 2 green crates (no ammo) before my first encounter with an enemy. Because he also isn't an idiot, it's a bit of a duel and we're bouncing shots off each other. Except I run out of ammo before he does (he had killed another player) and then I'm left trying to run away to find more ammo. Radar ping the map...not a single ammo crate in sight (plenty of green). By the time you run further, you just run into more enemies, and because you are all the same speed, it's very hard to lose someone, especially if they are set on killing you. So frustrating. Not sure I can stand to keep on grinding in this mode, it looks like it has the capacity to be irritating as all heck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not bad. Almost came first twice but he chose to be heavy and I chose to be med and he killed me in the last square. But I also got caught in 2vs1 early on twice and lost 4 chevrons -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, Balthazars said:

Tried it just now a little bit. I agree starting with just 8 ammo is ridiculous. My first game, I only found 2 green crates (no ammo) before my first encounter with an enemy. Because he also isn't an idiot, it's a bit of a duel and we're bouncing shots off each other. Except I run out of ammo before he does (he had killed another player) and then I'm left trying to run away to find more ammo. Radar ping the map...not a single ammo crate in sight (plenty of green). By the time you run further, you just run into more enemies, and because you are all the same speed, it's very hard to lose someone, especially if they are set on killing you. So frustrating. Not sure I can stand to keep on grinding in this mode, it looks like it has the capacity to be irritating as all heck.

I have to say you both seemed to be a bit of an idiot if you are not running away from each other. Just ignore all tanks until you are at least lvl 5.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:15 PM, Kymrel said:

In case you haven't seen the announcement, WG is launching yet another game mode. Like last time, you don't get to use the tanks you've grinded out or payed for and the game seems to be a Fortnite-clone. Color me uninterested.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/steel-hunter-announcement/

 

Fortnite, the mother of all BR games ... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lethul said:

I have to say you both seemed to be a bit of an idiot if you are not running away from each other. Just ignore all tanks until you are at least lvl 5.

I tried that. By the time there are less than 10 tanks left you're still at the stock tank and they can smash you. Yes you'll get 1 chevron but that's it. They only time I've managed to win solo was when I was opportunistic found two enemies duking it I killed both and I upgraded really fast to be a predator they can't fight.

edit: Just won again 1st in solo. Killed two guys in the start and then I was 2 chassis above until top three when the two assholes that were left cooperated all fucking game. Fucking assholes. Two IS3ish, I escaped them earlier in the game and I met them in the end again. Beat both these assholes with my autoloading t55ish

edit2: Rattlesnake is underpowered BTW

edit3: Just won solo again. The last guy was STOCK LOL. All 3 times with the Russian tanky. Agile little thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically, Rattlesnake should be fast to be highly upgraded, thanks to the reduced radar time. Top config has pretty rad DPM compared to the other two, but since they can fit an autoloader, this DPM-advantage becomes meh. Rattlesnake also runs into ammo-issues even if you avoid conflict early on. Fuck this ammo-issue, seriously.

Russian wankercan goes from unarmored fastish medium with decent gun, to IS3 plus. Go figure.

German one is... I dunno what to think. The armor advantage is noticible early on, but the upgrade-path of the russian wankercan makes it more effective as a tanker, so what's the point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kariverson said:

I tried that. By the time there are less than 10 tanks left you're still at the stock tank and they can smash you. Yes you'll get 1 chevron but that's it. They only time I've managed to win solo was when I was opportunistic found two enemies duking it I killed both and I upgraded really fast to be a predator they can't fight.

edit: Just won again 1st in solo. Killed two guys in the start and then I was 2 chassis above until top three when the two assholes that were left cooperated all fucking game. Fucking assholes. Two IS3ish, I escaped them earlier in the game and I met them in the end again. Beat both these assholes with my autoloading t55ish

edit2: Rattlesnake is underpowered BTW

edit3: Just won solo again. The last guy was STOCK LOL. All 3 times with the Russian tanky. Agile little thing. 

 

I've won over half of my games by avoiding contact until the second gun. I just stick to the corner of the map and radar for loot. When I get the fun I try to bully someone :)

 

How do you get autoloading t55? I tend to end up in IS3/T10 combo with DPM end gun. I find the DPM gun is better than alpha in the end when it is basically a 1vs1 in one zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lethul said:

 

How do you get autoloading t55? I tend to end up in IS3/T10 combo with DPM end gun. I find the DPM gun is better than alpha in the end when it is basically a 1vs1 in one zone.

I get the the mobility upgrades instead of the HP ones. Even if you take the big gun in the start you can end up with the auto-reloader. Not autoloader on the germans. My mistake. The American one ends up a t69ish with autoloader. And an m103ish with hp and armor upgrades.

With the german one never managed to get to the end upgrade. Neither fast nor heavy.

The Russian starter is so much better than the rest, especially the American. It's the fastest by far and sits in the middle in armor. It can bounce. It can fight and it can run from anything. 

BTW I came across a Vksomething top upgraded German and he was shooting me for OVER 1K dmg each shot. Holy shit I run away as fast as I could.

 

edit: I just made My VK shoot 1k. Lol it was so funny, everyone was scared shitless after the first shot. I killed 10 tanks in this game xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG the 4 shot HE autoloader is so much fun. 0.5secs intraclip pew pew pew pew and you run.
But in general fast tanks are in a huge disadvantage at the endgame. Where there is only 1-5 sectors to fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, Sapros said:

Finding a crate as soon as you spawn usually isn't an issue though. But I guess you're really not supposed to pick fights early anyway.

The grind to 25 was a lot easier than anticipated. 

You only pick fights when its a good idea to, because its an FFA with limited ammo. Gamemode uses 'old'? tracers where you can track the shell to the point it was fired, so good luck hiding. Really, its just a matter of picking up as many of the good drops as possible, and when you have ammo, killing people and stealing their stuff, without wasting your own time.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:35 PM, Balthazars said:

Tried it just now a little bit. I agree starting with just 8 ammo is ridiculous. My first game, I only found 2 green crates (no ammo) before my first encounter with an enemy. Because he also isn't an idiot, it's a bit of a duel and we're bouncing shots off each other. Except I run out of ammo before he does (he had killed another player) and then I'm left trying to run away to find more ammo. Radar ping the map...not a single ammo crate in sight (plenty of green). By the time you run further, you just run into more enemies, and because you are all the same speed, it's very hard to lose someone, especially if they are set on killing you. So frustrating. Not sure I can stand to keep on grinding in this mode, it looks like it has the capacity to be irritating as all heck.

At that point you just run. The amount of HP in this gamemode is stupidly high, reducing the feeling of risk by silly amounts. The new view range system is ridiculous.

On 8/28/2019 at 3:38 AM, Lethul said:

I have to say you both seemed to be a bit of an idiot if you are not running away from each other. Just ignore all tanks until you are at least lvl 5.

 

Fortnite, the mother of all BR games ... ?

Not sure if that is a good or bad idea. Because I figure you will level up too slow at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Oicraftian said:

Not sure if that is a good or bad idea. Because I figure you will level up too slow at that point.

It is ok, because you will be guaranteed to not drop Chevrons if you avoid fights until 390 alpha gun. And when you find sub lvl 5 players you can dominate them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...