nabucodonsor

Cancer OP camping positions - WG much WOW map design

mountain pass, fjords, sand river, ghost town, fishermans bay

some maps really have shitty camping spots to dig out. You get some asshat who stays there all game in a TD to do 1 or 2 seven-hundred+ alpha shots, and do fucking nothing the rest of the game,  and he/she thinks they did well.

The one that has triggered me the most recently is the one in the top northwest corner of Minsk, two bushes either side of a solid piece of cover, looks right down the west flank and you can literally only approach it across a bridge and you can't outspot it from any cover.

If you try to approach it from the other side its easier but just as open and often there are bobs camping around the cap that prevent you from moving from that side. 

So you win the west flank and congrats that gives you sweet fuck all. 

Along with arty its probably the thing in game that most makes me rage, winning a flank but unable to actually progress the game because WG decided the braindead idiot who can only drive 50m from spawn needs a much superior position to the one I have just lost half my HP fighting for and one that I can't flank. 

Yeah, there is a similar but worse position in the south-west of Minsk. Bushes next to hard cover, impossible to outspot but a bit easier to approach. 

I also noticed a new (I think) bush on Lakewill which I abused in a recent game. It's marked in red on the picture. Next to the house, you can shoot on people who poke from the hull-down position in the south-east passage, and if people poke past the church. And you can do it while the bush is solid and you won't get spotted.

I don't recall that one being there before the latest update. I was abusing it in a 50TP tier 9 heavy with almost no camo, and I could still drive into the bush, spot a T95 poking, back up and shoot without getting spotted, even when a KV-4 poked the corner by the church.

This is not exactly an OP camping position, but another example of Wargaming changing maps to make new op positions.

LAkeville.png

that bush on mountain pass has been used  for pretty long (rexxie posted it in the micro thread) and isn't dense enough to keep you unspotted if the enemy at the church has optics at tier 10, you can only fight the 0 line using vision with that bush

OK, I haven't used it before, I usually either go east of that building  or further west. That KV4 must have had shit view range then. I guess they all do. Good for lower tiers then.