Deus__Ex__Machina

A Look Into the Future (Dual Gun Vehicles, Hiding Statistics Ect.) WG Fest 2019

Source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/09/15/wg-fest-2019-a-look-into-the-future/

New Vehicles/Dual-Gun Tanks

We’re constantly looking for new ways to develop the existing tech trees in our game. We don’t have any master plans for the introduction of specific machines yet, but we’re pondering some interesting concepts. After all, aim has always been to introduce tanks that will provide you with fresh and unique gameplay, and add variety to your daily gaming experience.

This is precisely the case with dual-gun vehicles, which are about to enter the closed Supertests. These vehicles will be equipped with two guns, allowing you to shoot both simultaneously and sequentially. We’re actively working on the mechanics of these unusual machines, and their concept may change as a result of testing. Keep your eyes peeled for a Developers Diaries video and a dedicated article to be published tomorrow, going into more detail on these unique battle heroes. Twin barrel tanks. We want twin barrel tanks to appear in our games. In a very short time the tests will start again in supertest. You can fire both shells at once, or fire them individually like Italian autoreloaders, however both shells have the same reload item. Salvo fire (Fire both shells), requires charge up time. This kills your DPM but allows to inflict massive burst damage. 

screenshot_2.png?w=768

(Plans for a full Dual barrel Branch are in the works featuring both the ST-II and a dual barrel IS-4) 

Sandbox

During the next iteration of the Sandbox, we plan to test reworked mechanics for dealing damage with HE shells. We’re currently testing a system in which the mechanics for dealing damage will be calculated more fairly and become more predictable, both for the player who inflicts it and for the tank hit by a HE shell. All changes from previous Sandbox iterations will be saved. More detailed information on all changes will be published closer to the start of the Sandbox in a dedicated article.

We’re going to launch the next iteration this autumn. Everyone is eligible to participate and evaluate the modifications we propose—you just need to download the separate Sandbox client. The changes we’re testing are very important to our game, so we would like to once again invite everyone to share their feedback.

The Anonymizer 

The anonymizer is a tool that conceals a player’s real username in battle. This feature was announced at last year’s WG Fest, and is important to our players. The main task of the anonymizer is to maintain a certain privacy in game, and the tool we’re currently working on can solve this issue.

We had several ideas of how the anonymizer should work in World of Tanks, but the most fitting concept for players would be that the player should be anonymous only during battles.

How does it work? You select an option in the game settings and activate the anonymizer. The game generates a random username in each battle. It’s not a random string of symbols, but a word that more or less makes sense, so other players won’t even notice that you have the anonymizer turned on. They will only realize it after the battle when they want to see your battle statistics.

The anonymizer will let many players feel more comfortable in battle. There will be less “social pressure”, and you’ll be able to play your favorite game in peace.

Session Statistics

At the time of launch of session statistics, we were already actively working on its second iteration, and are now ready to share our plans with you.

Win percentage, number of vehicles destroyed, survival rate, and number of opponents spotted will all be added to the session statistics to make your experience more enjoyable.

An options button will be also added to configure the feature to your needs. You will be able to change the priority of economic parameters and select what data will be hidden. In fact, you can enable/disable almost all parameters, all while tracking the average experience earned per session.

We also decided to add an option to not reset the stats every day. Now it’s up to the player to decide when their session starts!

The new version of session statistics coming out next year will cover several game modes. Your statistics will be available in a special menu where you can see your efficiency in the Frontline mode, for example. Level, Frontline experience, average rank per session, Personal Reserves, Credits—you can see it all. Also, this feature will allow you to analyse your battle efficiency in each mode, including:

• Damage to main objectives
  • Base capture points
  • Damage by consumables
  • Average blocked damage
  • And much more.

Finally, we plan to replace the Personal Rating that’s shown in the Achievements section with WTR.

Source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/09/15/wgfest-2019-info/

Wargaming is experimenting with “Quality shadows” without utilizing Real Time Raytracing (RTX) technology, which allows to use the advanced ray tracing technique in the game without the need of a hyper expensive graphics cards. EnCore will receive an update as EnCore RT for testing your gaming rig with the new quality shadows feature enabled.

Service Reward (Free T-50-2). This will be continued this year with extra rewards. Rewards will be announced in few months time.

• New branches and nations – WG has been adding new stuff into the game and fixing the current , nations are not a priority.
  • Tier 9 premium vehicles. Might happen in the far future.
  • Matchmaker: the template system works and fixes the “tier 8 vs tier 10” problem, where you are never outclassed. WG is working on mitigating changes from special events that would influence the normal matchmaker balance. Next step for matchmaker – less battles with 3 arties per team, and more often with 2 or less.
  • PvE modes are being worked on.
  • Few tanks have been rebalanced like the Type 5, Leopards and FVs. The Type 5 derp gun nerf has worked and put the 2 main guns into similar capability levels. The FV 4005 nerf made the tank adapt a lot more careful playstyle without hindering the damage output too much. STB is quite good now according to WG, and statistics show good performance levels.
  • 430U nerf was cancelled as the nerf didn’t show any promising results. WG don’t want to overnerf the tank, so that they wouldn’t have to follow a buff – nerf – buff – nerf cycle.
  • The new tank rebalances are likely to be delayed as WG is focusing on shell rebalance first.
  • RNG changes – no plans. 25% is here to stay.
  • Artillery. After shells rebalance, changes might happen.
  • French cars are not getting changed for now. Statistics show them to be good but not OP. They are quite comparable to other nations’ light tanks. They are under constant monitoring and might be changed if needed.
  • British lights overall are made to be played in a very particular way. WG says that the tanks are performing well.

3 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

• French cars are not getting changed for now. Statistics show them to be good but not OP. They are quite comparable to other nations’ light tanks. They are under constant monitoring and might be changed if needed.
  •  

Guess i'm not coming back anytime soon.

My own thoughts as far as the bad and the good from this news. There's quite a bit of both in this, to start with what I see as bad (also disappointing and confusing) it seems that WG is largely ignoring balance to work on HE/Gold ammo reworks. In a twisted sort of way this makes sense I guess. Why balance the game now if the ammo re-works will break everything again? I do hope they take player feed back into account with the gold ammo and HE ammo re-works, as a change that big has the possibility to turn into a shitstorm very quickly. Tier 9 premium tanks worry me quite a bit, WG has demonstrated that they are entirely willing to throw game health and balance out the window for money, and tier 9 tanks being sold for money will probably result in tanks that are effectively tier 10 tanks. For my reasoning why, see new age premium tanks, most of them are approaching tier 9 tanks in terms of soft stats, armor, alpha, etc. As for the anonymous feature, its ok I guess, it will help people with certain clan tags and streamers/CCs avoid arty focusing and YOLO rushes. It doesn't let players just hide their XVM stats tho. Rather disappointed by this as I was hoping to hide my stats while retaining my username.

As far as good things coming this way, new nations and tech tree tanks sound awesome. New toys, even potentially game breaking new toys, are exiting and entertaining. While the double barreled Russian shotgun tanks sound like they will probably be OP, who doesn't love a new, hilariously broken, Soviet tech tree? I can already see the shit posts and memes flowing forth in a rush of quality internet garbage. A service reward like the T-50-2 sounds pretty good, this sort of thing is always welcome and gives WG some good PR with the community. PvE modes, if handled better than Home-front, offer two things, new content, and a place for new players to learn how to play without getting slaughtered by low tier seal clubbers. That is not to say PvE is all good, it does come with down sides, but well executed PvE offers players new content and a safer, less toxic, learning environment for new players. 

With all the news that WG released, they're keeping it vague (at least in the articles I've read) but they are communicating with the community. I hope they do stuff like this more often and keep the community at large up to date on new developments.  

6 hours ago, echo9835 said:

As for the anonymous feature, its ok I guess, it will help people with certain clan tags and streamers/CCs avoid arty focusing and YOLO rushes. It doesn't let players just hide their XVM stats tho. Rather disappointed by this as I was hoping to hide my stats while retaining my username. 

Hiding stats and retaining a username wouldn't work at all. XVM would just update so as to show the last recorded stats of the player before they hid their stats, and you'd be back to square 1.

I was initially skeptical of this name hiding feature, as I thought it might have been possible for XVM to somehow fetch the original name, but they claim that this problem is solved. Another potential problem with this is making the list of possible nicknames something predictable, because if one originally used XVM to target the best players before, and now they see someone had their name hidden through a pattern of predictable hidden names, they'd assume that anyone who has hidden their name is a good player and proceed to focus them.

source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/09/16/wgfest-post-show-qna-bond-shop-and-more/

– We cannot release a bond shop so far due to a number of technical problems.

Fuck Off WG, Thats the same excuse they used back in 1.5 or whenever it was many months ago when we were first supposed to get the bond shop.

WOWs has tier 9 premiums and they have largely been done ok, not massively game breaking IMO. 

The tier 9 'reward' premiums they have done so far, T-55A is good but not OP, the Frontline and Ranked rewards again look decent but nothing amazing. 

So I don't have worries there.  Though I think you will basically kill tier 8 premiums for many people, I mean what becomes the point of playing a tier 8 prem for credit making if you can play a tier 9 with better MM that would make more credits?

The anonymiser thing sounds decent in theory, it'll depend on take up though because if only a few unicums do it, the XVM focusing bobs will just target the accounts with stats, so unless lots of people do it in might not be very effective.

Dual barrel thing looks like it has potential to be massively OP, after IS-3A I don't trust WG to give these tanks enough drawbacks to offset the benefits. 

The real massive change is the premium ammo, that is going to cause massive upheaval if that goes through IMO, so its understandable that they aren't doing buffs/nerfs until after that, I suspect paper tanks will become even more crap and being top tier will become even more powerful. 

Good news about the WVs, glad the whines haven't impact their decision and they get unfairly nerfed just because a load of bobs can't handle them. 

They do this a lot though WG, promise all this stuff and then take ages to deliver it. We had a lot of this stuff promised at xmas and now we are 9-10 months later and its only just tricking through.  I mean premium ammo rebalance has been like 2 years in the making and we are still only on another sandbox version, can't see that coming into the game until 2020 at the earliest. The hide stats thing seems to be a simple change but they are only now testing it after promising it in December. 

I mean they are making progress to make the game better, but its glacial progress. They seem to be able to throw out PvE modes and modes like Steel Hunter, and new premiums easily, but can't seem to fix the game very quickly. 

Remind me again why you are even given the option to play T8 outside of Front line?

Alpha creep is getting worse...

The general passivity of playerbase is amplified by shit like this.

will this actually scramble your tanker ID or just your username? if it's just the username then XVM will literally work as normal :serb: 

can't forget that so much data is already stored, many players data will be decently accurate of the data they already have for a very long time forward, just out of archives since almost every single active wot account has played a game with someone using XVM

you need to scramble user IDs (the number sequence to ur account page on the main website) ingame, but can you actually do that since that is what links you to your account? otherwise xvm will not disappear, they'd have to ban the mod for that which is unlikely

37 minutes ago, Kolni_GodofTanks said:

will this actually scramble your tanker ID or just your username? if it's just the username then XVM will literally work as normal :serb: 

can't forget that so much data is already stored, many players data will be decently accurate of the data they already have for a very long time forward, just out of archives since almost every single active wot account has played a game with someone using XVM

you need to scramble user IDs (the number sequence to ur account page on the main website) ingame, but can you actually do that since that is what links you to your account? otherwise xvm will not disappear, they'd have to ban the mod for that which is unlikely

Not sure how accurate/true this is, but it was pulled from reddit.

XVM works off of a public database, The XVM DB does a mass rotating pull once a month from wargaming API (I think the limit is 10k names per day?) then soft updates if an XVM mod user is in a battle. all those game stats get sent to the XVM DB and updated a small bit until the next mass pull cycle happens. So having the XVM mod is a bit like spying on everyone's stats in your match and the mod on your computer takes the names from your battle list (all 30 of you) and sends a 'pull' request to the database to get the stats of the player with that name. With the anonomizer running, theres no name for the mod to pull from so it just displays blank stats. There's no Buy in or consent from other players, its just the XVM database displaying stats. This at least gives you the option to hide stats to prevent focus and have a better player experience.

@Wanderjar was actually referenced as the original poster 

From what i understand its only effective in hiding ur stats in-game, not as a whole. if somebody wants to check ur stats after game by looking at ur profile it will work just fine.

On 9/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:
  • British lights overall are made to be played in a very particular way. WG says that the tanks are performing well.

After so many years of playing this game you think this wouldn't surprise me, but it does.

Or basically

16 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Not sure how accurate/true this is, but it was pulled from reddit.

XVM works off of a public database, The XVM DB does a mass rotating pull once a month from wargaming API (I think the limit is 10k names per day?) then soft updates if an XVM mod user is in a battle. all those game stats get sent to the XVM DB and updated a small bit until the next mass pull cycle happens. So having the XVM mod is a bit like spying on everyone's stats in your match and the mod on your computer takes the names from your battle list (all 30 of you) and sends a 'pull' request to the database to get the stats of the player with that name. With the anonomizer running, theres no name for the mod to pull from so it just displays blank stats. There's no Buy in or consent from other players, its just the XVM database displaying stats. This at least gives you the option to hide stats to prevent focus and have a better player experience.

@Wanderjar was actually referenced as the original poster 

From what i understand its only effective in hiding ur stats in-game, not as a whole. if somebody wants to check ur stats after game by looking at ur profile it will work just fine.

I literally dont know the API pull request limit (other than its in the 1000s not 100k+) but I am aware that's the basics of how the XVM DB works. The more tech savvy and involved people will be able to give better facts and explanation than I can. 

From the translation etc that I saw, you can temp wipe your name off the ingame roster and just be Anon123 until the postgame team stats are shown then your name will be shown there with associated dmg and exp etc.
So driving around in a tank wont get you arty/XVM sniped unless you do something obvious like drive around in a 907 or chieftan etc.
It's only the ingame roster that the names are bring hidden for. Post game name/Service records etc are still avail as normal

Clan tags being shown while Anon are unclear at this time.

Of course this is WarGaming so take the implementation of that with an Iceberg sized grain of salt

edit: FTR I have literally zero clue how or where I got quoted on Reddit. I dont have a profile there at all under any email or name.

23 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

>Missouri

>not Massively Game breaking

mmk

How is the Missouri game breaking? It's basically an Iowa with a radar, which is massively situational for a BB anyway. 

3 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

How is the Missouri game breaking? It's basically an Iowa with a radar, which is massively situational for a BB anyway. 

i hate radar mk.

(also it was way more cancer when it was released than it is now since when it was released radar was pretty rare)

4 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

i hate radar mk.

(also it was way more cancer when it was released than it is now since when it was released radar was pretty rare)

Yeh but as I said its so situational for a BB like that, you don't really want to brawl in those US BBs, you want to use their speed, decent concealment and good guns to ambush peoples broadsides at like 15km. The concealment is way higher than the radar range so any DD can avoid it with ease, so it only ever catches out very dumb DD players, and even then you have like 30s reload guns so you can only usually fire one salvo against a DD anyway.

The reload booster on the Jean Bart is a much better tool, as is the hydro on the German BBs. 

Only thing broken on the Missouri is the credit multiplayer it makes credits at a rate nothing in the game can match, which is why they removed it, all the subsequent tier 9 prems make less credits. 

I'd say generally WOWs has done an ok job with their tier 9 premiums, wasn't even bothered when they sold them for real money, especially as you could still get them the free way with coal or free XP in most cases. I even managed to get JB 30% off with a coupon after they changed the way the coupon worked when loads of people complained. 

Knowing WOTs WG though, they will clearly f*ck up what is currently probably the best balanced tier in the game. 

5 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

hiding my stats is the only thing i give a shit about

i'm in my full health 277 and there's literally a 5A with 100hp next to me, who do you think both arty shoots? i checked afterwards and the 5A had 47% wr

XVM focus is a myth though man <- said every bob ever.

Yeh that is a big one, hope they get it work properly though, my worry is two fold, one that they f*ck it up generally and stats mods can get access to stats through some sort of ID not username, and two that the take up is low because it's an 'opt-in' so arty xvm bobs will just focus the players who have no stats on XVM showing.

If they can get it to work and we finally also see a reduction of arty numbers which they are apparently trying to do as well, then I might complain a lot less about arty.

Apparently there is also a further arty change in the works and the guy from the daily bounce blog has been told its a big one. 

Before XVM, there were headhunting because of clan tags. Now imagine the same headhunting but with super obvious replacement names that every pubshit will recognize, much more so than clan tags.

XVM headhunting works by highlighting players with good stats for arty target numero uno/yoloing. Hiding your stats won't make any sort of difference when mods adapt to highlight everyone with a replacement name. It might even make things worse because your replacement name will be an even more obvious neon sign for people who don't use XVM.

The only practical use for hiding names is in pro-play, where you won't be able to tell who your opponents are so you won't know how they play, assuming your metagame is stronk to the point where you analyze your opponents' past plays to predict their tactics. This is actually very common in SC:BW/SC2 and other esports.

^ Unless there is good take up by the playerbase and lots of people do it, then most teams will have majority of randomly generated names and the focusers won't know what to do. 

We'll just have to see how well it will work and how noticeable the replacement names are.