Nicarasu

TL-1 LPC

Being the sucker for new toys that I am, I've purchased the new TL-1 LPC. It seems like a really comfy tank, though I'd prefer if it were maybe a little faster. Has very comfy gun handling and a really solid HEAT round, and 280 alpha. Turret seems bouncy but does have some weak spots so it's not super busted.

As for the package, 7 days of premium is nice, and the crew comes with Band of Brothers and enough XP for another skill as well.  The style can be removed and replaced with something else if you wish.

1EGfAdJ.png

I've played a few matches in it, seems like a really fun little tank so far.

Would usually be tempted, even like the skin to be honest, but two things have put me off buying.

Firstly WG proposing to sell CW reward tanks for bonds, so I am not buying anything until that is confirmed either way. 

2ndly this thing is a T95E2, but basically better in every way and it was supposed to a replacement for that based on early leaked stuff, but instead WG thought fuck it, can't have those few thousands T95E2 owners get a nice tank they didn't pay for so we'll sell it to screw them over. 

And yes I have a T95E2. 

It looks a solid tank, pretty well balanced, but it also begs the question why all those tanks with terrible US cupolas can't get a small cupola like that. 

6 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Would usually be tempted, even like the skin to be honest, but two things have put me off buying.

Firstly WG proposing to sell CW reward tanks for bonds, so I am not buying anything until that is confirmed either way. 

2ndly this thing is a T95E2, but basically better in every way and it was supposed to a replacement for that based on early leaked stuff, but instead WG thought fuck it, can't have those few thousands T95E2 owners get a nice tank they didn't pay for so we'll sell it to screw them over.  

And yes I have a T95E2. 

It looks a solid tank, pretty well balanced, but it also begs the question why all those tanks with terrible US cupolas can't get a small cupola like that. 

Pretty much in the same situation here.  If I didn't already have the T95E2 or if I needed another US med crew I would be tempted for that and the skin.

It really is a T95E2, with buffed maneuverability (due to Engine HP), the buffed cupola, slightly more alpha, and better AP and and HEAT pen offset by 100 less Hit Points, worse hull armor, and slower top end and reverse speeds. 

https://tanks.gg/compare/t95e2?l=000001&e=30.21.5&c=3.5.2&t=tl-1-lpc_000001__30.21.5_3.5.2

I wouldn't have bought it if it was super expensive, I figure I'll at least get my money's worth of enjoyment out of it. I don't have a T95E2, but hopefully it gets buffed and ends up comparable.

16 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Hadn't heard about that, though I'm not very involved in CW so that's probably why.

It is the best American tier 8 prem tank.

T95E2, M46KR, T25 Pilot are terrible compared to it. Super P is more of a different tank altogether

TL1C is a super T95E2 or 59-patton. Though it doesn't quite get 59 patton AP pen, it has worlds better HEAT pen. And it has worlds better mobility than either 59-patton or T95E2, stapling on an extra 3 HP/T. All things considered, with a decent bonus to alpha damage, the same strong view range, shrinking the grotesque large tumour 59-patton and T95E2 have, with a smaller cupola like M48A, and the powerful tier 8 penetration available with its HEAT, the tank is definitely above avg. I'd say solid 7

Problems are still there though. Low DPM, compared to medium tanks like T-44, Indien Pz, Lansen, STA1, Panther 88. The added alpha is nice, but realistically won't matter in trades in a tier that has many tanks doing a tonne more anyway. Lower top speed compared to alot of meds doing 55~ tier 8, even if it has good HP/T. Side armour sucks, and lazy WG developers did a great job in not modeling the side skirt to act as added spaced armour plate. Should have given it 219 pen like M56 Scorpion. 

I don't buy full price tanks. I am waiting for STG, T-1O3, T-34-3, Hawk, CDA, Somua, M46KR.  No doubt there will be sales, Black Friday and Christmas, only stone throw away. Looking at twenty-thirty% discounts, I did the same thing last year. Purchased CDC, STA2, M4 Rev, FCM, Panther 88 all for thirty percent discounts, I think STA2 was even 34% off

Despite playing tanks that should have similar gun handling a lot, I get really frustrated with the accuracy on this tank. It derps shots left-right-and-center, even at short ranges. If I'm not fully aimed in it will derp. And  if I am, it will probably derp anyway. Getting really frustrated with this one.

40 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I'm actually into this thing, but I can get clicked by arty over and over every goddamn game for free.

They do seem to enjoy clicking it, probably because it's new and therefore scary.

Tip for any one interested in this thing on NA... I got a mastery badge in a tank today and it gave me a 30% off coupon that works for the tank. I was using the Captured Tiger II at the time, but I wager that's not the only tank that triggers one. Brings it down to $28. Halfway tempted but I'm not eager to spend money on the game these days.