Just after a view I've been trying to do this mission for a while and I wanted to check if i had been attempting this mission correctly 

I tried the 261 but I could only really max out 3k dmg due to its low pen and shallow trajectory, I love its ROF and its velocity but it just wasn't working well for me to complete the mission at least with honours where 4k dmg on top of 3.2k stun tracking assistance is needed.

I've jumped into the 53/55 with the 8inch gun as the stock gun wasn't pumping out the damage at times the alpha seems the better option given the 4k mark that's needed.

Would it be right to continue with this arty with the 8inch gun or revert back to stock gun, I have a 33sec reload on the 8inch gun so it's not too much of a difference in terms of reload, or is there another arty that's more suited ?

I realise this question has been asked to a degree before however I can't find many up to date articles on it and given how the game has changed over the past 2 years I thought I'd ask for pointers as I haven't played arty seriously since its nerf.

Thank you in advance.

Do not focus on penetrations for arty, they are too few. Lighter targets you -can- pen, are usually small and fast they evade your shells anyway. Focus on high base dmg for extra splash effect. Buy the prem HE rounds for increased radius.

261 sucks since 9.18. Low damage, low ammo count. Like seriously, there is no reason to use it. It runs out of ammo during games, and hits shit like Maus or Type, for zero dmg - like literally no dmg blocked HE hits. Using M53/M55 with stock gun sucks. M53/M55 stock gun option is awful, M12  2 tiers below has the same gun as its top gun, with better DPM. If you want to try something kinky like that, actually worth your while, use tier 7 Lorraine with stock gun, or use SU-14-1 with middle gun  (its better than S-51) or GW Tiger with stock gun. But again, with those low base dmg, you are going to trash your keyboard and monitor and mouse, when you start hitting super heavy tanks for zero.

Bat Chat 58 has high DPM for arty, and although low splash dmg, has the unique ability to salvo and focus targets. So instead of firing at random slow super heavy tanks and scratching their paint for pathetic dmg, you can wait and pick out a lighter target and focus them for 3-straight shots. 

M53/M55, back to it, is an excellent arty with top gun. M4O/M43 has ammo issues like 261, but because of its slow rate of fire isn't as problematic.....another great choice. GW Pan sucks after the nerf. Conq GC still works. 

Also, on a side note, use prem account and turn off Himmels + Ensk

Brilliant thanks for the advice so just stick to what I'm currently doing M53/55 8in gun and hope for a good map/team.

I did try T7 and 8 but there was never enough DMG to be had 2.5k was my average 3-4 combined, the only T10 I had was the 261 its was good for the stun missions because of its ROF and I used the M43/44 for some of the missions I found it hit harder than the 261 it's why I decided to jump ship from the 261 to the US arty line.

I did think about Prem rounds but I it was hard to justify for an extra 1m splash but I'll give it a shot and see how it performs.

I did that mission with the M53/M55 since I had no interest in getting the T92. It's just a matter of waiting for maps where heavies cluster (encounter Mali hill for example) and getting lucky. I didn't need too many games, which tells us I was lucky and the stars aligned.

Yeah one problem I've had is people healing the stunned crew and my team not shooting or missing stunned targets I think you're right about having the stars aligned lol

platoon with a light (ebr preferably for easy early damage) and a high alpha td, td holds his shell until stun connects (this gets ridiculously easy if you play tier 10 tbh, two stuns together with an FV TD and you only have to focus on damage from there on if they manage to pen both) - CGC or T92 cuz splash radius is basically a necessity to get consistent damage out on arties, i think all my SPG15-4s were done with GWE this way, but with a tier 8 light because those were max back in the day :serb: 

at tier 9 i'd recommend the foch for it and probably 1390 (it's pretty good now tbh). intraclip from foch is good enough to keep firing if they don't remove the stun along with permatracking 1390 to set up easy stuns beforehand - m53 or gwtiger 

this way you can focus on big splashes for the bigger part of the game, the idea is that the LT establishes vision control so the TD can move up and get its damage out early so you have time to rack up damage without having to waste more shots on stun assist than necessary (it shouldn't take more than 3 shots if your platoon gets rolling early

On 10/15/2019 at 9:26 PM, kolni said:

platoon with a light (ebr preferably for easy early damage) and a high alpha td, td holds his shell until stun connects (this gets ridiculously easy if you play tier 10 tbh, two stuns together with an FV TD and you only have to focus on damage from there on if they manage to pen both) - CGC or T92 cuz splash radius is basically a necessity to get consistent damage out on arties, i think all my SPG15-4s were done with GWE this way, but with a tier 8 light because those were max back in the day :serb: 

at tier 9 i'd recommend the foch for it and probably 1390 (it's pretty good now tbh). intraclip from foch is good enough to keep firing if they don't remove the stun along with permatracking 1390 to set up easy stuns beforehand - m53 or gwtiger 

this way you can focus on big splashes for the bigger part of the game, the idea is that the LT establishes vision control so the TD can move up and get its damage out early so you have time to rack up damage without having to waste more shots on stun assist than necessary (it shouldn't take more than 3 shots if your platoon gets rolling early

Yeah definitely some good advice here, what I have found the most frustrating is instant heals of stuns and tracks at time so Its really like fire and hope RNG backs you then there's the 4k dmg needed which isn't easy to do now in arty since the nerfs, but I have faith I'll get there in the end, going to grind up to the T92 in the process then turn of game modes except standards and grand battles, I did try the stock gun for a while and although it could stun regularly its splash radius is shocking so if you get hit by RNG and your shot goes over the target you either fail to stun or its for 8 secs average