Deus__Ex__Machina

IS-3-II/ST-II (Super Test)

so the IS-2 the is3-2 and the ST-2 all branch from the KV3. time to go grind that reject too. I'm surprised this doesnt branch off the IS instead. Wonder what made them change the branch

I'd like to know how they will handle damage to the guns.. will it be possible to take out both guns with a single shot or would each one get damaged separately. If both get damaged do they repair at the same time in parallel or do they repair serially?

Also I find it odd that the reload for each of the the IS3-II guns is significantly faster than the reload of a single gun on the tier 8 IS3. It doesn't make sense.. Sure extra loader but extra gun, cramped turret? 

4 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

Also I find it odd that the reload for each of the the IS3-II guns is significantly faster than the reload of a single gun on the tier 8 IS3. It doesn't make sense.. Sure extra loader but extra gun, cramped turret? 

its a tier 9

Yeah I hate that kind of reasoning, WG can make it tier 9 and at least nod towards the peculiarities of the design. The things that give it unique mechanics with increased capability, could also be why it has downsides as balancing factors.

Doesn't mean they can't change other things to make it fit tier 9.

3 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

Yeah I hate that kind of reasoning, WG can make it tier 9 and at least nod towards the peculiarities of the design. The things that give it unique mechanics with increased capability, could also be why it has downsides as balancing factors.

Doesn't mean they can't change other things to make it fit tier 9.

It's literally a clone of the tier 8 armor profile but moved up a tier. same thing with the IS - II at tier 8 and the ST-II at 10. 

The burst dmg is a new thing so at least they arent giving it OP armor as well. All I can tell is the turrets are a bit deformed but not by much. Similar to the IS3A turret vs the IS3 one.  
I'm more surprised they aren't buffing the snot out of the hulls as well can cutting the aim in half cuz rasha! moar vodka! :drunk:

On 10/14/2019 at 7:32 AM, Tupinambis said:

Wait, is there information about the tier 8 [nonprem] vehicle anywhere? I'm not seeing it.

its in the Dev diaries part 2 i think. part 1 may have a reference to it but its certainly not a big one.

The tier 8 is the IS - II (basically the tier 7 IS with 2 barrels. same turret/armor/gun control/mobility)

tier 9 is the IS3 - II (The IS3 with the same armor profile, slightly worse guns same mobility)

Tier 10 is the ST - II (you get the point)|

the whole thing is a mess because for some ungodly reason they decided to make the line branch from the KV3 instead of the IS (also in the videos) 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:43 AM, Ezz said:

We haven't seen the prem yet...

lol you mean the IS3A - II ? god i hope not

11 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

yes we have?

the prem was shown in the first dev diaries vid

object 703-II

Not the released stats however.

7 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

My point was more about the stats that actually hit live given WG aren't exactly afraid of last minute tweaks. But notable re the earlier armor values, 140 sloped is definitely 'premium' levels as opposed to TT.

from a couple days ago:

Actions:
- Also 2 iterations for the new TOP ST-II (USSR)

Changes:
• Gun reload time (1/2): 11.25 / 11.25 sec. (did not touch)
• Preparation time of a volley shot: 2.5 sec. (did not touch)
• Recharge lock time: from 5 to 3 seconds.
• Tool change time: from 3 to 5.5 seconds.

The main performance characteristics were not touched.

hrmmm.....

what the actual fuck WG:
sauce: https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-changes-to-is-3-version-ii-m18-super-hellcat/ 

IS-3 Version II Changes

• Salvo preparation time changed from 3s to 2.5s
  • Reload lockout time changed from 7s to 4s
  • Changing barrels time changed from 3.5s to 5s
  • Hull frontal armour changed from 130mm to 145mm
  • Turret frontal armour changed from 250mm to 280mm

went from what was a decent move that made sense to OMFG BUFF RASHA  why not just buff the original IS and IS3 then?