echo9835

The Bond Shop has finally arrived.

New Bond Shop options appeared today on NA. As far as I can tell WG has not said anything about rotating out different tanks. The big one to surprise me was the hydrostat. Has this apeared on EU, RU, or SEA?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/tanks-for-bonds/ 

The new Season of Ranked Battles — one of the most challenging modes in World of Tanks — just kicked off with a reworked progression system. Along with its launch, you have the opportunity to make the best use of the Bonds you’ve earned in its battles.

You can purchase Premium and Reward vehicles for Bonds in the updated in-game shop — directly in your game client. Get ready to get great deals and expand your tank collection with glorious armored machines — vehicles like the U.S. M60 Tier X medium tank!

Get Great Vehicles for Your Collection

Tanks for Bonds are permanently available in the in-game shop, in a separate tab.

tanks_for_bonds_in-game_client_1424x716.  

Over time we'll add new vehicles and remove some old ones, so the lineup will change. The following vehicles are now available for Bonds:

VEHICLE: COST:
china.pngXch25_121_mod_1971b_icon.svg121B   15,000 Bonds
usa.pngXa92_m60_icon.svgM60   15,000 Bonds
uk.pngXgb13_fv215b_icon.svgFV215b   12,000 Bonds
france.pngVIIIf74_amx_m4_1949_liberte_icon.svgAMX M4 mle. 49 Liberté   8,000 Bonds
usa.pngVIIIa117_t26e5_patriot_icon.svgT26E5 Patriot   8,000 Bonds
germany.pngVIIIg119_pz58_mutz_icon.svgPanzer 58 Mutz   8,000 Bonds
ussr.pngVIIIr146_stg_tday_icon.svgSTG Guard   8,000 Bonds
germany.pngVg70_pziv_hydro_icon.svgPz.Kpfw. IV hydrostat.   3,000 Bonds
ussr.pngVr154_t_34e_1943_icon.svgT-34 shielded   1,500 Bonds
france.pngVf112_m10_rbfm_icon.svgM10 RBFM   1,500 Bonds

Each vehicle includes a free Garage slot and 100% trained Crew.

Among these offerings are some powerful rarities, so don’t miss the opportunity to park exclusive steel predators in your Garage! Seize this chance to purchase Tier X tanks to start your Ranked Battles journey, or strengthen your position on the leaderboard.

Can we get some reviews on which ones are the best to buy?  I have about 25,000 Bonds.

If there was a 907 or Cheif, that would be a no-brainer.  I've heard the M60Jesus is just ok.  Won't even be meme worthy once you see one in every game...

I sold about 5 Hydro codes for about $75 each back when they were included with the Razor Mouse.  LOL  nubs

World of Tanks WOT Pz.Kpfw. IV Hydraulic Code PZ IV Hydro
Hydrostat Rare Premium      1      $75.00
$75.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal:US $75.00
Postage and handling via USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package
Intl Service:US $0.00
Other postage choices:
TotalUS $75.00

The only thing I personally think is worth it is the T8 Prems like the T26E5 and AMX M4 49 for F2P players that may have saved up bonds and need a T8 Prem. Otherwise, yeah, save it up and wait for something good. I'd wager that the VK 7201 will show up at some point, but I highly dout the Chief and 907 will be sold.

1 hour ago, NightmareMk9 said:

World of Tanks WOT Pz.Kpfw. IV Hydraulic Code PZ IV Hydro
Hydrostat Rare Premium      1      $75.00
$75.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal:US $75.00
Postage and handling via USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package
Intl Service:US $0.00
Other postage choices:
TotalUS $75.00

It's actually $75.00 and buyers remorse. 

I think I only got about $45 for the last code, but it is hard to find sales that old on eBay.

I missed out on the BEST deal ever.  A LONG time ago, Tiger Direct was giving away WOT Codes with Kingston Memory.  They must have had extra codes when they ran out of memory, so they sold those for like $2.00.  The codes included:

3 Days of Premium

300 Gold

Pzkpfw 38H735(f) Premium Tank (mini Maus)

I redeemed 4 of them and gave a 5th to a friend.  You got 750 Gold for the duplicate tank.  So not a bad deal.

A Month Later I see them selling on Ebay for $75-100 !!!   RIP

I'm confused now. Why is the Hydro worth getting? Compared to the V/IV it's trash in every single way.

The stats on the 121B don't look that bad. NATO gun on a Chinese turret. I guess there has to be a downside, but I've never really given it any thought as I don't play Clam Wars. Is it half-decent or just bad? If bad, why?

Im still MAJORLY opposed to flat out selling clan war rewards for bonds. seems to kinda undermine the effort it takes to grind the fucking things out. if anything a new bond only tank would of been a better option imo (as long as it wasn't yet another new OP bullshitmobile, which it probably would be so maybe two sub par CW rewards is better now that I think about how intelligent current WG is)

16 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Can we get some reviews on which ones are the best to buy?  I have about 25,000 Bonds.

If there was a 907 or Cheif, that would be a no-brainer.  I've heard the M60Jesus is just ok.  Won't even be meme worthy once you see one in every game...

M60 is pretty meh. its got god tier gun handling, and some pretty nice buffs in other areas but they neutered its ROF and its reload is like 7.5-8 seconds or something dumb.

121B got some nice buffs though, its more sluggish than a 140 for example, but its got decent gun handling and a decent ROF (which it sorely needed as it previously had an 8+ sec reload)

of the two, I'd take the 121b performance wise myself. M60 still has the giant tumor and is made of paper anyway, and because its so tall its gun depression is nullified a bit, in the way say the STB's isnt (even before it got its siege mode)

As for the others, Patriot is probably the best all rounder there IMO, but I personally wouldn't be interested in anything there anyway. 

I wasn't expecting them to put one of the OP prem trio for sale. The Patriot. Grabbed it right away. The rest do not interest me enough for now. I want to keep some bonds for the foch155 I don't have. The rest of the 10s, I have them all. I also got the tier 5 french M10 TD. Seemed pretty OP for its tier and I haven't gone into French TD so I needed a crew trainer.

I just really hope they don't ever sell 907 and chieftain. Last thing we need is a more inflated number of them. 

Why are you so mad about CW tenks being sold? Its not like you can get 15k bonds just for pressing the "battle" button (like tech tree tier 10s). Or do you think getting bonds is not enough of an effort compared to shit wars? Sounds pretty elitist to me.

1 hour ago, Vesirott said:

Why are you so mad about CW tenks being sold? Its not like you can get 15k bonds just for pressing the "battle" button (like tech tree tier 10s). Or do you think getting bonds is not enough of an effort compared to shit wars? Sounds pretty elitist to me.

Getting 15k bonds in not nearly enough effort compared to a clan war campaign. It's a different kind of monster. Anyone can get bondas just by playing the game normally throughout all its events.

id wait for the good tanks to rotate into the shop if you dont already have them, it takes time to grind if you play your games with directives or is interested in improved equipment sets and i value those much higher than the fun i'll get out of a meh tank i didn't have yet. 

m60 and 121b are probably worth their price though, 215b should honestly be half the price because that tank is real shitty today :serb: 

id just wait if there isn't a reasonable amount of time to grind up new ones to frequently use the shop or knowing what tanks'll actually be rotating in/out

and the 121b will be a nice punch in the face to those who forgot what it was like to play chinese mediums before gun depression.. always fun watching people misplay the shit out of that thing being used to -5 or more on everything in the game these days

i'd say its better because its easier to play than the m60 which is a very hard tank to do well in since it's the least armoured med outside of autoloaders (few people seem able to play it well at all)

2 hours ago, kolni said:

and the 121b will be a nice punch in the face to those who forgot what it was like to play chinese mediums before gun depression.. always fun watching people misplay the shit out of that thing being used to -5 or more on everything in the game these days

It doesn't have -5°? Tanks.gg lists both it and the 121 as having -5 but the tier 9 as having -3 (I finished that grind, it was paiiiinful).

Selling these shittier CW tanks is a big yikes, even tho its the M60 and that thing is trash its setting up a precedent.

Also it gives shitters asking for CW tanks to be sold without committing to a CW campaign room to whine and moan harder since the precedent is set now.

2 hours ago, kolni said:

id wait for the good tanks to rotate into the shop if you dont already have them, it takes time to grind if you play your games with directives or is interested in improved equipment sets and i value those much higher than the fun i'll get out of a meh tank i didn't have yet. 

m60 and 121b are probably worth their price though, 215b should honestly be half the price because that tank is real shitty today :serb: 

id just wait if there isn't a reasonable amount of time to grind up new ones to frequently use the shop or knowing what tanks'll actually be rotating in/out

i'd say its better because its easier to play than the m60 which is a very hard tank to do well in since it's the least armoured med outside of autoloaders (few people seem able to play it well at all)

have you marked the m60 yet?

35 minutes ago, Kymrel said:

It doesn't have -5°? Tanks.gg lists both it and the 121 as having -5 but the tier 9 as having -3 (I finished that grind, it was paiiiinful).

fuck me they changed a lot in this game huh

felt like playing the good old 3,5 kek i might be losing my touch xD

19 minutes ago, Enroh said:

have you marked the m60 yet?

nope i got close but fucked up and took a breather from it, school's a bit much atm and gaming's been the part that didn't make the cut of things to do lately but i might get around to it again after new years with about 5 weeks of free time, should be enough to shake off the rust and get some good gameplay sessions to attempt it

i would like to complete it, only that along with Chief, VK72 and 279e left among the T10 marks that i'd like to try and complete at some point. 121B was done before buff though so i'd like to try it again after for the challenge like i did with the 907. VK72 seems doable, only got 30 games in on it or so but so far so good unless i apparently forgot how to play it again when i get around to it, other two are a long shot at best

but i also dont want to play at all so we'll see how it pans out :doge: 

Of the ones I'm familiar with, the M10 is a no-brainer if you don't have it. It's just a copy of one of the best tier 5s, and it's a better trainer than the Pak40 overall. 1500 bonds is also nothing.

The T-34 Shielded is the kind of vehicle that works if you dedicate a strong crew in it, but given the plethora of good Russian medium trainers it hardly seems necessary. Still, 1500 bonds is basically nothing.

The Hydro is a complete joke. The Pz V/IV outclasses it so massively in virtually every way and has the same sheltered MM. The V/IV shouldn't even be sheltered, but welcome to WoT where no one who makes decisions has any idea how the game works. And because it's garbage it of course costs twice as many bonds as the tanks that aren't.

The Mutz is power creeped to death. The Progetto does everything the Mutz does only better, including a massively superior loading mechanism. The Mutz has one notable advantage of lightning fast shell velocities which arguably make it a better sniper. In the meantime the Prog has higher effective DPM, moves faster, and has a little better gun handling. In a tier which hates mediums it doesn't pay to be an unexceptional medium.

I've mostly played the patriot in Frontline, and there it's almost perfect. Enough hull armor to bounce some shots, very good turret armor, great gun, enough mobility to not spend half the game crawling from point A to point B. It's probably one of the best Frontline vehicles, and holds up pretty well in random games too. On paper it doesn't look like anything special, but it's the subtle things: lighting fast shell velocity and pen on the non-gold round, a little more mobility and top speed than most heavies, a little more DPM than most heavies, and a more compact form that lets it exploit terrain easily. I'm probably going to spend my bond stock on it.

Please don't get the FV215b unless you're a collector or just have everything else. It's completely terrible. Compared to the power creeped Super C it gets a bunch of little bonuses that don't add up to anything: better agility, better gun handling, 100 more HPs, 10 more view range. In return it gives up ALL of its ability to use terrain with that near-invincible turret, has to deal with a rear mounted turret, even gets shorted on ammo capacity to the point you can't carry any HESH, and guess what? even the armor is worse. You think you're going to side scrape with that rear mounted turret, but surprise, instead of 100mm of side armor like on the Super C it's actually 50mm. But hey, at least it has better front armor? Nope. Super C also gets an extra strip of spaced armor on the upper plate and turret which beef up the entire profile. Before they overbuffed the Super C the 215b was not good. Now it's just a joke in contrast.

14 hours ago, Vesirott said:

Why are you so mad about CW tanks being sold? Its not like you can get 15k bonds just for pressing the "battle" button (like tech tree tier 10s). Or do you think getting bonds is not enough of an effort compared to shit wars? Sounds pretty elitist to me.

I am not mad because they are selling tanks for bonds, CW reward tanks at that.

I am mad because of the low prices, they are giving away these tanks at. Should be 3OK bonds. AND should be 3O mill credits alongside the bonds cost. And further enraging, is that they are giving them away without imperative, obligatory background. A fucking idiot can buy them, that does 75O DPG in a tier X tank. You want such an incompetent loser on your team, like that? This ruins game play, gaming health, and is no fucking different than retarded 15 game played account buying a Lowe and botting his way every game, doing 1-shot of dmg, and still earning 15K creds, and thinking he is doing well. A retarded person like GeorgePreddy, who has no fucking clue what to do outside tiers 2-6,  buys a Fochs 155 and FV183, simply because he sits in SH 6 hrs a day and has 5O million credits for them. I don't care who buys them, I really don't. But like a CW Reward tank, they should take effort, true effort. Increase the prices of the tier X tanks.

Double their price tag is a start, but I don't think that is enough either. The T X tanks need to cost heaps of gold, bonds, and credits. As well as having service record tier X games played prior to purchase as prerequisite.