echo9835

The Bond Shop has finally arrived.

10 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

Double their price tag is a start, but I don't think that is enough either. The T X tanks need to cost heaps of gold, bonds, and credits. As well as having service record tier X games played prior to purchase as prerequisite. 

I agree. I paid 43k bonds in their bogus bullshit "auction" they had for the chieftain cause the Clan I joined was bad. 15K bonds in nothing. We don't need an influx of these tanks. What's next 279 for bonds?

On 10/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, Vesirott said:

Why are you so mad about CW tenks being sold? Its not like you can get 15k bonds just for pressing the "battle" button (like tech tree tier 10s). Or do you think getting bonds is not enough of an effort compared to shit wars? Sounds pretty elitist to me.

15k bonds is pissy easy to get these days, most players who have been in the game for 4+ years will have gotten 5k last year and will get another 5k this year.

Steel Hunter was sub 40 games for me to get to the last rank and that got me 5k bonds, so that is 15k bonds and a CW reward tank right there for just having an account for a long time and playing one event this year.

Let's not even talk about farming bonds on tier 10, bonds from Frontline, Bonds from ranked (6-7k I think for reaching top rank, and even easier this season than last), bonds from premium account (25 daily), bonds from the 279e PMs as well. 

I think I worked out for events and missions this year someone just playing a lot could by the end of the year feasibly farm about 35k bonds alone without farming them on tier 10, so a real no lifer could be approaching 40k - 45k bonds, if you add the two improved equipment from the PvE mode, some people could be literally buying two CW reward tanks and able to pimp out both with a full set of improved equipment.

Farming bonds when you want at your own pace pales in comparison to the effort needed to earn a CW reward tank in a month long campaign. 

So it;s not Elitist at all, its about people getting a hard earned, rare reward that now people will get through a much easier route, thus taking away the value of that original award. I chose M60 as my reward tank because I wanted a unique reward tank that was rare and I worked my ass off for it playing pretty much every night, all night, for a whole month, waiting around, getting shouted at by FCs etc. bleeding thousands of credits. 

If someone had told me I could farm some bonds in my own time and get the tank I wouldn't have bothered.

It's a shitty move by WG, and it sets a precedent for all reward tanks to go this way, the other CW tanks, the Frontline and Ranked rewards, PM rewards, which will then completely undermine those modes if the reward is available in a much simpler way. 

There are plenty of options WG could have done for the bonds shop, hell they could have come up with a new tier 10 as a special bond shop reward without screwing over clan players.

Both tanks are 'meh', and the 215b is downright awful, and the selection of premiums are all bad bar the Patriot and there are better options than that as well (like Cent 5/1), which is another issue with this bonds shop, not only does it piss off CW players by giving away their rewards, there is nothing in it to even interest them either. 

On 10/29/2019 at 10:37 PM, Diriz0n said:

I am not mad because they are selling tanks for bonds, CW reward tanks at that.

I am mad because of the low prices, they are giving away these tanks at. Should be 3OK bonds. AND should be 3O mill credits alongside the bonds cost. And further enraging, is that they are giving them away without imperative, obligatory background. A fucking idiot can buy them, that does 75O DPG in a tier X tank. You want such an incompetent loser on your team, like that? This ruins game play, gaming health, and is no fucking different than retarded 15 game played account buying a Lowe and botting his way every game, doing 1-shot of dmg, and still earning 15K creds, and thinking he is doing well. A retarded person like GeorgePreddy, who has no fucking clue what to do outside tiers 2-6,  buys a Fochs 155 and FV183, simply because he sits in SH 6 hrs a day and has 5O million credits for them. I don't care who buys them, I really don't. But like a CW Reward tank, they should take effort, true effort. Increase the prices of the tier X tanks.

Double their price tag is a start, but I don't think that is enough either. The T X tanks need to cost heaps of gold, bonds, and credits. As well as having service record tier X games played prior to purchase as prerequisite. 

I gave Wargaming that feedback and posted about it in the forums.  Having the price be 15,000 bonds for a reward tanks is ridiculously low.  Last campaign, the winning bids in the bond auction were over 18,000 bonds on the NA server.  I heard it was 22,000 or 24,000 minimum on the EU server, and over 30,000 bonds to win a tank in the auction on the RU server.  The low price is a slap in the face by Wargaming to the players who improved their individual and team gameplay and worked to earn a tank.

Selling tier 10 reward tanks gives players less motivation to grind for tier 10 tanks and less motivation to participate in clan wars.  When you have that situation, players can stop spending money on gold to convert free XP and stop spending money on premium time and premium tanks.  Then Wargaming makes less money and the game dies faster.  The NA and SEA servers seem to have been in a decline in active players and clan wars players for a while now.  I'm sure selling reward tanks will speed it up.

Also, its another example of Wargaming lying to players when they said in their videos and clan wars campaign announcements in the past that you can only get the reward tanks in clan wars campaigns.

I'm pretty sure its mostly marketing and finance that controls all of Wargaming's decisions and they don't care if the game dies faster on some servers as long as they get short term money.

It was about 24k bonds I think to get tanks on EU after the last campaign. 

Which is another reason it's stupid, I doubt many chose the M60 or 121b in the auction, but some probably did and potentially paid twice the price, whilst also had to play at least 5 games in the campaign (and those players likely played more). 

It's a d*ck more by WG but the masses lap it up because they get access to reward tanks they didn't earn, but they'll lap it up now, but wait until their Frontline or PM tanks go in for an easy amount of bonds, then they'll cry about it but it'll be too late then. It starts with the CW players who have the M60/121b but its clearly not going to stop there.

I also have no issue with the bond shop in principle and if you want to put all new rewards in there as well in certain modes that is fine because everyone know where they stand, they can see they have different routes to get a reward tanks, but what you shouldn't do is move the goalposts after people have already worked for rewards. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

It was about 24k bonds I think to get tanks on EU after the last campaign. 

Which is another reason it's stupid, I doubt many chose the M60 or 121b in the auction, but some probably did and potentially paid twice the price, whilst also had to play at least 5 games in the campaign (and those players likely played more). 

It's a d*ck more by WG but the masses lap it up because they get access to reward tanks they didn't earn, but they'll lap it up now, but wait until their Frontline or PM tanks go in for an easy amount of bonds, then they'll cry about it but it'll be too late then. It starts with the CW players who have the M60/121b but its clearly not going to stop there.

I also have no issue with the bond shop in principle and if you want to put all new rewards in there as well in certain modes that is fine because everyone know where they stand, they can see they have different routes to get a reward tanks, but what you shouldn't do is move the goalposts after people have already worked for rewards

Yes the bond shop in principal is more than fine. Sell for 20k the old tree tier 10s. And have for 10k a new exclusive tier 8 prem, for 15k a new exclusive tier 9 and for 25k a new exclusive tier 10. Everybody is happy. 

At the risk of sounding like a dick, I think the solution to this dilemma is to remember this is a haphazardly designed freemium game Skinner box where whatever you "earned" today isn't going to be "worth" anything tomorrow and act accordingly. Artificial exclusivity is just marketing bullshit.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

At the risk of sounding like a dick, I think the solution to this dilemma is to remember this is a haphazardly designed freemium game Skinner box where whatever you "earned" today isn't going to be "worth" anything tomorrow and act accordingly. Artificial exclusivity is just marketing bullshit.

I think its more of Wargaming giving in to the whiners and crybabies who constantly complain that they can't get reward tanks.  So ,to keep them happy, lessen the chance they leave the game soon,  and spending money, they offer reward tanks for bonds.  In the end, that means many of these players who were never good enough to have a snowball's chance in hell to earn a reward tank, now have to buy gold and credits packages or more premium tanks and premium time to make up for all the credits thy lose playing tier 10 more often.

Its the everybody's a winner attitude that people learn in youth soccer(football for those not in the USA) or tee ball where they don't keep score and everyone gets ice cream after the game.  Everyone feels that they are entitled to special things they didn't work for.  We might as well start handing out Heisman trophies to every former High School football player who didn't have the ability to play college football.

I don't disagree with the several posts above talking about it being wrong to sell clan wars rewards in the bond shop. I am fine with them being exclusive to a particular game mode....

BUT.

Some of them like Chieftain and 907 give competitive advantage in other game modes. People should not have to play a game mode just to get the meta tanks for a different game mode.

Of course if WG actually properly balanced some CW rewards such that they were competitive without being significantly OP. Then there would be no issue. CW should reward with decent tanks, but not ones that are clearly better.

So in the absence of that then bond shop should be an option, or at least put similarly powerful tanks in there, but that would just further feed the power creep vs tech tree available tanks...

T95 and 907 aren't in the bond shop though and I doubt they will be for a while until WG powercreeps them, they know damn well those tanks are too strong and could easily balance them. 

Those two tanks being too good is not a good reason to screw over M60 owners though. 

Price aside, I'm heavily on the side of mechanically unique content not being exclusive to a mode or limited time exclusive. Non-mechanically unique content, fill your boots, but all this artificial scarcity, limited time purchase, or excluding those who cannot meet the requirements for reasons out of their control rubs me the wrong way.