Wanderjar

WG admits failure

So WGs incompetence is apparent even to them now. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/halloween-2019-status-update/

Dear Fellow Commanders,

Sometimes having an open and transparent dialog means we have to deliver bad news, and we truly appreciate your understanding.

At this year's WG Fest, we announced the return of the Halloween mode in a revamped format. 

The team has been pushing hard to get it into the hands of players. Unfortunately, despite all our efforts, we couldn’t fix a number of bugs and technical errors in time for the release. We’re afraid the Halloween event in its current state clearly isn’t the type of experience we want to deliver.

Recently, we've encountered similar problems launching other in-game activities and wouldn't want to repeat such situations. Releasing the mode with bugs and issues, just so we could get it out in time for Halloween, would fall short of our targeted quality bar.

Taking all of the above into account, we had to cancel the event in 2019.

Understandably this news will be disappointing to many; we know there was a lot of excitement for the event. Rest assured the team will continue working to bring you other engaging events during the rapidly approaching Festive Season.

Please accept my sincere personal apology, especially those of you who have been looking forward to the mode. Our team is committed to using this unfortunate case to learn from our mistakes and improve. Stay tuned for updates, we'll let you know what events will soon make up for the cancelled Halloween mode!

See you on the battlefield, Commanders!

Anton Pankov,
World of Tanks Operations Director

Maybe they really will learn? not likely. just fix it with more retarded premiums

I'm kinda surprised they aren't still releasing it.  There were a BUNCH of people who spent 5000 Gold last year to get Max Goo.  That is about $23 for bonus XP , Credits and a stupid emblem next to your name.

Seems like EZ money, and we all know WG likes EZ MONEY

People were exited to drive around collecting mountain dew again? Who? Where? The Halloween mode last year was so boring it temporarily cured my insomnia . WG not releasing the goo collecting mode just means I'll take a sleeping pill tonight instead of collecting goo.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:10 PM, Wanderjar said:

So WGs incompetence is apparent even to them now. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/halloween-2019-status-update/

Maybe they really will learn? not likely. just fix it with more retarded premiums

To be fair, crunch in the gaming industry has been documented as having a very adverse effect on the wellbeing of employees. I do feel sorry for the teams that had to endure it, especially since they didn't make the deadline in the end.

oh and now apparently WG pulled the credit booster rewards from the Scavenger hunt too and supposedly they were never in them to begin with and poor Domo was working with bad info. sigh.

I'm literally not blaming the devs for the halloween mode pull. I'm just most surprised WG didnt pull some BS to cover it. it's kinda refreshing.