Kymrel

What Rusky/Chinese tank for final Chimera mission?

I've been trying to finish off the last few Chimera missions. Until recently I used my standard tactic of turning on a random mission and finishing by chance whenever.

I've only got the last Union mission left, Armor of God. I need a combined of 10k damage, blocked and damage taken. So far I've been trying with the 430U, but have been branching out, trying the Obj260, WZ11111111115 and even a game or two in the IS-7. I fking hate missions with damage blocking so damn much...

What tank would you use for this mission? If you've finished it, what tank did you use? Tier 10 seems like a given.

Seems like a real "stars align" mission for us non-unicorns. Do like 6k damage, bounce 2-3k and take 1-2k seems like a likely scenario here. I've been trying to play hyper-aggressive when I think I can get away with it, hoping to stay alive in a hull-down position and for people to shoot at my turret, but haven't really gotten even close. People either don't shoot or shoot HE. So far the best I managed was about 8.5k in a game where I did almost 5k damage, bounced a little and died.

Halp?

EDIT: Fk me, got 9.573 combined in the 430U just now. One  more shot of damage, just one. Fk.

I used the 277, stars aligned. Rubble pile, corridor, ap shooters and that was it. It took longer than most to be honest but hopefully your stars align soon.

Drats. Does that mean it would be a good idea to finally do the Obj 263 grind? *shudders*

Got really close twice today, 400ish short and 700 short in the 430U and 260 respectively. 

2 hours ago, Kymrel said:

Drats. Does that mean it would be a good idea to finally do the Obj 263 grind? *shudders*

Got really close twice today, 400ish short and 700 short in the 430U and 260 respectively. 

tbh both the 430U and 260 are more than good enough for it, its just a matter of patience 

even with the 268 v4 ur not gonna just magically get 10k combined out of the blue, its gonna take time for a game like that to roll around regardless of what u play 

On 11/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, Kymrel said:

Don't be fooled, obj 268 V 4 is still a powerful tank.  The speed, reverse, HP/T, track traverse nerfs it received, still leaves it a considerably fast TD to this day more mobile than most, especially after FV4K5 lost mobility too. The gun disp and aim-time nerfs taken, again still leave it with strong TD disp stats, and reasonable aim-time. The cupola armour nerf makes it more vulnerable of course, but at 23Omm it is still reasonably well protected and small. The lower plate that you can actually hit, is still stronger than IS7 lower plate and is 1/4 the size. 1OOHP isn't much of a nerf either. 

obj 268 V 4 sure, doesn't make up 9 tanks in a CW battle anymore. of course, no, it also does not 1vs4 enemies anymore in pubs either. But you can still find 2 or so in a CW team to this day, and frequently find them holding up teams and 1vs2 pubs. It is not ruthlessly overpowered, but it still is strong. The nerfs were a joke, and did not fundamentally make the vehicle fair. At only 77T, this thing has ridiculously more armour and compact design, than a 135T Jag Pz. The only reason why it isn't more popular these days, are because very popular additions to the game such as STB1 changes, Leo changes, UDES med line, obj 43OU meta, obj 277, obj 26O buffs, FV421 release shroud the fact that this thing is still strong, and an excellent tank for beginner. Also the gun it has, can be very loathsome to more finely tuned players that want a measure of consistency. 

Yeah, apparently I have some 5x victory missions I had no idea about so I popped boosters and did about half the 263 grind (I had some blueprints for the 268v4) yesterday. Still faaar from my cup of tea, but just the idea of selling the 263 and getting the 268v4 should be enough to get me to finish the grind.

I agree with Dirizon on this one. The 263 was a great tank. Playing through it didn't even feel like a grind.

One note I will make. If you don't like the 263, you might not like the 268v4. They have almost identical playstyles, and the 263 is the stronger one tier for tier (since the 268v4 was nerfed).

The 268v4 gives up some of the 263's armor reliability, in the sense that you know whether you can be penned or not in a given position in the 263. In return, the 268v4 gets armor that pubbies have trouble reliably penning, but that anyone who knows the armor layout can pen pretty easily regardless of how you're positioned.

I finished the grind anyway last night. I suspect you're right about not liking the 268v4, but it's a good tank to have for missions so I don't have to love it. Since I'm doing shit grinds now I think I may finish the Conway as well, just to get that over with and take a break from the missions for a little while.

Also, with boosters and daily 2x from premium grinds are super easy now...