Kymrel

Patch 1.7 has (drumroll) no content?

Apparently the 1.7 test server is up. And the only thing there is directives for silver. Which is not even worth testing on a test server since it will have no relevance once it hits real and people have to decide if they should spend actual credits on directives or not.

I suppose it isn't inconceivable that they add some stuff in a second iteration of the test server, but communicating that at this stage would be the way to go. As is, this looks like a micropatch at best.

There are some new styles as well, for FV4005, 907, Progetto 65, 403U, T-100lt and SU-130PM, they just didn't mention them and no one is sure how they are going to be implemented/sold etc. 

1.6.1 was also an extremely boring patch [imo the Turtle was the best part about it], but it at least had the excuse of being an X.X.1 patch. 1.7 is supposed to be a more major 1.X patch and.... yeah this looks boring as Hell. Even if double barrel tanks come to the CT next week it just begs the question.... WTF is the point of this first iteration? Like... does buying directives for credits actually need a week of CT server testing revolved around it?

PSA about buying directives for credits. The price might change, but as of this point, the bundles are pretty expensive credit wise from what I've heard. The price I heard was 2million credits for the pack of 100 Firefighting directives, which is honestly absurd.

So, if it looks like those prices aren't going to change and will go to the live server, it would probably be worthwhile to buy a ton now since they go for 180 bonds for a pack of 100, which is really cheap.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:24 AM, Tupinambis said:

[imo the Turtle was the best part about it]

Do you like the Turtle MK?  I'd buy it if it were 3O% discounted. Seems a real flawed design, but at the very least, I can see that its much better than at least AT15. And that is all WG really needed to do, although I wish it got the 25deg gun angle AT15 has, really helps playing it like a heavy tank in close quarters. 

bit of an update https://vk.com/wotclue?w=wall-70226354_2308691

Today’s last day’s WoT supertest was the last representative of the USSR double-barreled gun backlight. We are waiting for the release of the branch in [early 2020], or rather the next. patch after 1.7

i think this basically translates to the DB tanks having been delayed, meaning they wont be in update 1.7 CT or live 

more pics of the IS-2-II

its very bad stock

lkXfWNwPAvk.jpg

qrt1JM5Ud8A.jpg

mnwTtREkpfU.jpg 

12 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

Do you like the Turtle MK?  I'd buy it if it were 3O% discounted. Seems a real flawed design, but at the very least, I can see that its much better than at least AT15. And that is all WG really needed to do, although I wish it got the 25deg gun angle AT15 has, really helps playing it like a heavy tank in close quarters. 

I like the Turtle.... but I hesitate to actually call it "good".

Its gun is overall better than the AT-15 [worse accuracy, but the +100 alpha more than makes up for it]. The armor is less effective than the AT-15's unless you go hull down, its cupola is much smaller but it has a very serious LFP weakspot that the AT-15 doesn't have.

By far the Turtle's biggest problem is the inevitable comparison to the TS-5. It has almost equally effective armor, almost equally as high DPM, and a gun that actually works in high tier games. The only things the Turtle has going for it are [much] better gun depression and traverse angles, and the accuracy is just Meh instead of atrocious.

13 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

bit of an update https://vk.com/wotclue?w=wall-70226354_2308691

Today’s last day’s WoT supertest was the last representative of the USSR double-barreled gun backlight. We are waiting for the release of the branch in [early 2020], or rather the next. patch after 1.7

i think this basically translates to the DB tanks having been delayed, meaning they wont be in update 1.7 CT or live 

more pics of the IS-2-II

its very bad stock

lkXfWNwPAvk.jpg

qrt1JM5Ud8A.jpg

mnwTtREkpfU.jpg 

oh yikes, so 1.7 is legit going to have almost nothing interesting going for it.

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

120mm stock pen isn´t just bad. It is unplayable. Hopefully this is just a placeholder. 

That's the stock gun, not the upgraded gun. It's probably just there to make people grind the previous tiers like the IS-4's stock gun.