Diriz0n

SU130PM

My brother gifted me SU130PM with his 30% off coupon, because I was stuck at work (still am) while it was offered. Just going over some theorymon on how to outfit it. 

I have seen the couple of videos Skill4 has released on it, and can generally see Skorp G being a more popular choice because of speed and full turret traverse. With that in mind, I have extensively played TD like Skorp G, Charioteer, M56  -  and pretty much know SU plays similar. SU has a huge advantage in the potent gun handling soft stats, whereas the others are quite bad, like almost SPG bad. Hellcat bad. Which is sad, because it really limits their ability to be aggressive because of horrendous bloom, despite how fast they are and their speed over SU.  Although no full turret it certainly is wide enough, SU traverses its turret much faster, traverses tracks faster than charioteer or Skorp.... meaning it is near impossible to avoid unless being attacked by something like an EBR. 

I am thinking Binocs, camo, rammer. Being a bit slower, maybe being a sniper is the way to go. Binocs and net over optics. Because of far better gun control, no need for GLD you basically get free vert stab. I am thinking SU may be the first vehicle l put bonds equipment on,  improved loading system. 

I'm going to fucking fix your 0s and Os from now on, because fuck you.
~Hassie

I typically don't find nets worth bothering with in the vision saturated upper tiers so run with binocs and rammer plus optics. GLD could be a possibility but realistically if you have time to aim a little you're probably already in camo so you'll be fine to take the extra split second to aim. Probably also depends on your crew w.r.t. camo and vision skills.

Lol at using camo net. Seriously. Either you are in a bush and can double bush or you are in the open and even with the net you get spoted if you shoot. Your advice is as bad as your post structure. I've read Steven Seagal movie scripts that were better written than your posts.

I've run mine with Rammer, GLD, Binocs. I usually play aggressively, but I still like having Binocs for late game situations where I need view range.

Overall, I definitely enjoy the SU-130PM more than the Skorpion G thanks to the gun performance and more consistent gun depression, even if I have to give up some accuracy and mobility.

Overall, it's a very strong tank.

Binoculars, a gun rammer, and GLD is probably better. Hell, run optics instead of a GLD for some BS spotting memes. I have found that the camouflage net is pretty underwhelming unless it is on something optimized for passivity. Like an E-100 protecting arty or a Manty. The times where a camo net is useful appear far less often at higher tiers and the aimtime or on the move view range will probably save your life more often than passive camo bonuses. 

18 hours ago, Strigonx said:

can afford pixel tank for shit game

can't afford 5$ new keyboard

Do you know how to read?

lol hazzgar. So your advice is to setup camo net / binocs in either 2 places, open or bushes. What kind of a lame fuck even thinks about setting up passive control in the open, what is that your advice? Name an open map with bushes, that some retarded SU is going to setup passive equipment in the open.  Just reading what you have to say, you liken to Seagal alright, you both being fat and useless. 

21 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

lol hazzgar. So your advice is to setup camo net / binocs in either 2 places, open or bushes. What kind of a lame fuck even thinks about setting up passive control in the open, what is that your advice? Name an open map with bushes, that some retarded SU is going to setup passive equipment in the open.  Just reading what you have to say, you liken to Seagal alright, you both being fat and useless. 

So your advice is:

If you can double bush: a camo net is ideal.
If you can not double bush: a camo net is still ideal even if it will not prevent me getting spotted when firing.

Is your alt "Cheapbooks"?

On 11/26/2019 at 12:35 AM, Diriz0n said:

Which is sad, because it really limits their ability to be aggressive because of horrendous bloom, despite how fast they are and their speed over SU

I love how he complains about the powercreep but then dreams about his non Russian/Soviet tanks being even more overpowered

On 11/28/2019 at 1:08 AM, Diriz0n said:

lol hazzgar. So your advice is to setup camo net / binocs in either 2 places, open or bushes

Yes because those are the only 2 camo situations. Either you are in a bush that provides you with a camo bonus or not. There is no third option. 

Also I'm not saying it's a good idea to setup a camo net in the open. I'm just saying it's the only place where it actually provides a substantial benefit. If you are in a bush you don't need a camo net. The bush and camo skills give you enough camo not to get spoted unless you shoot and if you shoot you just back away. L2P. 

14 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

So your advice is:

If you can double bush: a camo net is ideal.
If you can not double bush: a camo net is still ideal even if it will not prevent me getting spotted when firing.

Is your alt "Cheapbooks"?

I think he's triggered and will disagree with me on anything now. That or he doesn't know what double bushing is.

Just so everyone knows,  Lemmingrush has a video out covering the Hellcat, and he has curiously forgone optics/GLD for binocs and camo net. He also has movies out there, where he equips Skorp G with camo net, same with WZ120G. But l have also seen him with other videos, where his Skorp is instead without a camo net. 

What is the point of this all? Well obviously because there must be some merit in camo net and binocs? And, are we folks, the type of people to call lemmingrush a scrub? I see no problem with equipping SU130PM with camo net and binocs, especially since it basically has a free vert stab advantage over things like charioteer and skorp G - it doesn't need the GLD. 

0000000 -H

Edited by Haswell

I run camo net for the sole reason of not getting spotted by yoloing wheelies. Bear in mind I run the tank with food so not getting the aim time reduction from GLD is less punishing.

I can see the point that 40ish base camo is good enough for most engagements so long as you are bushed, but 56 camo while stationary not only forces enemies to pretty much proxy spot you while bushed, - it lets you park your ass on a ridgline and still outspot everything (anything that isn't bland Swedish cheese). This saves time you'd otherwise be spending on finding a bush and gives you more windows to do damage.

A camo net is also useful for late game since every last bit of vision advantage counts and you will be facing lights/stealthed TDs.

If I wasn't running food, tho, I'd probably drop the camo net and run GLD.

also @Diriz0n good players can make poor equipment choices

On 11/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, hazzgar said:

Lol at using camo net. Seriously. Either you are in a bush and can double bush or you are in the open and even with the net you get spoted if you shoot. Your advice is as bad as your post structure. I've read Steven Seagal movie scripts that were better written than your posts.

@hazzgar 0P doesnt actually seem to be giving advice, just asking for it. for myself, I never ran camo net on anything until the advent of wheeled rockets

QB, sirfoch, skill4, circon  will put binocs on many midtier vehicles, especially the more passive ones. 

SU130PM is a bit of an oddball vehicle, without much direct competitors to compare and contrast against. It is obviously not like Hellcat, Skorp G, or Charioteer. While the camo is there, its size and clunky nature seem to limit its ability to be as mobile or aggressive. It is more like Grille 15, or M56 scorpion, or ikea 90. I figure how I play obj 416, you can play SU the same way - there are alot of similarity. 

I try to stay away from food. My first 3MoE attempts years ago, were Renault G1 and SU100Y, I was very different then. I suffered alot of fires, and abandoned the marks, I have left them at 2. I figured food was just not worth it. I would rather play 2 games straight, dealing 1.2K dmg,  than play 2 games and deal 2K one time and 450 the next.....because of getting crippled by fire. Consistency is important. Although yes, I understand the game has changed and directives were introduced, where you can include firefighting with food,  and new crew training books means crews can be made powerful and capable with the touch of a button. or WG decided frontal engine damage no longer starts fires anymore  -  these things really change food, for sure. But I was scarred for life from those experiences, so pretty much whatever I play the auto fire ext sticks. 

00000000 -H

Edited by Haswell

6 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

QB, sirfoch, skill4, circon  will put binocs on many midtier vehicles, especially the more passive ones. 

SU13OPM is a bit of an oddball vehicle, without much direct competitors to compare and contrast against. It is obviously not like Hellcat, Skorp G, or Charioteer. While the camo is there, its size and clunky nature seem to limit its ability to be as mobile or aggressive. It is more like Grille 15, or M56 scorpion, or ikea 9O. I figure how I play obj 416, you can play SU the same way - there are alot of similarity. 

I try to stay away from food. My first 3MoE attempts years ago, were Renault G1 and SU1OOY, I was very different then. I suffered alot of fires, and abandoned the marks, I have left them at 2. I figured food was just not worth it. I would rather play 2 games straight, dealing 1.2K dmg,  than play 2 games and deal 2K one time and 45O the next.....because of getting crippled by fire. Consistency is important. Although yes, I understand the game has changed and directives were introduced, where you can include firefighting with food,  and new crew training books means crews can be made powerful and capable with the touch of a button. or WG decided frontal engine damage no longer starts fires anymore  -  these things really change food, for sure. But I was scarred for life from those experiences, so pretty much whatever I play the auto fire ext sticks. 

130PM relies on camo, vision, and firepower, all three of which benefit quite a bit from food. If you get shot three or four times you're going to die anyway fire or not; while food gives you more VR for outspotting people and more camo for not getting outspotted, making it somehow actually more survivable. Unless I'm on something that burns regularly, e.g. a Chrysler/113, running food generally doesn't take away from your consistency because the consistency you lose by burning occasionally is less than the consistency you gain from snapping shots and having more DPM.  

21 hours ago, lavawing said:

I run camo net for the sole reason of not getting spotted by yoloing wheelies. Bear in mind I run the tank with food so not getting the aim time reduction from GLD is less punishing.

I can see the point that 40ish base camo is good enough for most engagements so long as you are bushed, but 56 camo while stationary not only forces enemies to pretty much proxy spot you while bushed, - it lets you park your ass on a ridgline and still outspot everything (anything that isn't bland Swedish cheese). This saves time you'd otherwise be spending on finding a bush and gives you more windows to do damage.

A camo net is also useful for late game since every last bit of vision advantage counts and you will be facing lights/stealthed TDs.

If I wasn't running food, tho, I'd probably drop the camo net and run GLD.

also @Diriz0n good players can make poor equipment choices

The thing 40ish camo in a bush still means you get spoted at 60-65m in a bush vs proxy with a camo net if you talk bush spotting. This makes no difference. If you are going to get spoted by a wheeled tanks 15m won't save you. I'd get if this was a tank with mid tier camo and great gun control. Maybe then it would kinda make sense but here? Not really.