Deus__Ex__Machina

Projet 4-1 ( Because Fuck tier 9 Balance Right?)

A lot of those stats look really impressive... but then again 4s interclip and 36s drum reload...

I wonder what this is. Probably a reward tank, but WG was not-terribly-subtly hinting that they want to move to tier 9 premiums at some point.

What we really need,  is bat chat 25 AP to move down a tier,  to 8. Remove the top gun, replace it with CDC and FCM standard 212 AP pen gun. Then have this tank fill in current Bat Chat 25 AP tier 9 spot.

The purpose of this is to expand the tech tree, making the french have a tech tree tier 8 med, instead of having to invest six-hundred K exp on a light tank.....bat chat 12T

Remove the lorraine gun it has.  Give it FCM and CDC gun, with 6 shot mag. Really wouldn't be different firepower compared to pantera and progetto, which have the same italian variant of the 9Omm  -  212/259 as CDC and FCM have. Don't see it being any real problem as a tier 8 at all  -  as Bat Chat tier X has armour for bounces, Bat Chat 25 AP at tier 9 has none. Alt 5 is smaller, more camo, more HP/T, better gun dep, more amour, and would have more DPM. All Bat Chat would have is clip, and let us get real wouldn't be remotely as good as progetto. 

Let me get this straight, why are you here? What constructive purpose, are you here for. You aren't here, for a single one. Just leave. I don't even downvote you anymore because I do not like you, or because you are cossack, whatever. I down vote you because your posts are complete shit. You are here primarily, and without a single secondary, to antagonize people. And you have been told not to. 

For once, explain why is that a bad idea. Just explain it. How is Bat Chat 25T AP  at all problematic tier 8 with a gun reduction. Progetto and Pantera have the exact same 212/259 pen 9Omm gun. It isn't like the Bat Chat 25 AP has some broken chassis either, as explained, Alt 5 is superior in most respects

Could you not turn this thread into your usual argument? It is poisoning what little content this once great forum has. We get it, you hate each other. Move on.

I'm sure you guys can piss in each other's cheerios some other time. the rest of us want to talk about BS OP reward tanks.

This 4-1 is a fucking ridgeline or chai sniper if i ever saw one. wow that turret armor too. 

3 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

What we really need,  is bat chat 25 AP to move down a tier,  to 8. Remove the top gun, replace it with CDC and FCM standard 212 AP pen gun. Then have this tank fill in current Bat Chat 25 AP tier 9 spot.

The purpose of this is to expand the tech tree, making the french have a tech tree tier 8 med, instead of having to invest six-hundred K exp on a light tank.....bat chat 12T

1 hour ago, Diriz0n said:

Remove the lorraine gun it has.  Give it FCM and CDC gun, with 6 shot mag. Really wouldn't be different firepower compared to pantera and progetto, which have the same italian variant of the 9Omm  -  212/259 as CDC and FCM have. Don't see it being any real problem as a tier 8 at all  -  as Bat Chat tier X has armour for bounces, Bat Chat 25 AP at tier 9 has none. Alt 5 is smaller, more camo, more HP/T, better gun dep, more amour, and would have more DPM. All Bat Chat would have is clip, and let us get real wouldn't be remotely as good as progetto. 

33 minutes ago, Kymrel said:

Could you not turn this thread into your usual argument? It is poisoning what little content this once great forum has. We get it, you hate each other. Move on.

How was I trying to poison anything? I posted an idea, and he came over and took an unwarranted, needless brown shit on it.

3 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

Honestly the batchat-AP would be kinda bad at tier 8 with a 240 autoloader since its a tad bit too large at tier 8 to be useful

6 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

Honestly the batchat-AP would be kinda bad at tier 8 with a 240 autoloader since its a tad bit too large at tier 8 to be useful

Large? It would be among the smallest tier 8 mediums with its size.

Look at it.  only obj 416 and Alt 5 hope to have as small size as it does

MedSize.thumb.jpg.6503e74001f56598c4911878646ccef9.jpg

I few thoughts on the tank, the 4-1 looks badass, the unload speed is really bad, 37% camouflage is quite solid, and the penetration is crazy good. It does have some weaknesses however as 380 base view range is pretty meh and the tanks agility is not amazing. We have not seen this thing's soft stats at all, so it could have abysmal ground resistances or .5 turret traverse dispersion or some shit like that.  We also have not seen its armor profile, so 120 on the turret could be meaningless if it is only in 1 section, sort of like the Tiger P's hull armor is meaningless. Over all the Bobject 4-1 looks like a direct competitor to the Batchat 25 at tier 10. It sacrifices view range, HP, unload speed, and 1 shell to gain penetration on its standard shells and much better aimtime. Oh and also the ability to regularly fuck tier 7s. 

If I were to bring the tank more in line with other tier 9s, I would cut the alpha to 360, the time between shots to 3.3 seconds, reduced the standard and premium pen, both by around 30, and make the accuracy something like .35 as a start. I would probably also increase the aimtime by .4 seconds or so. Maybe more. After that a round of rentals to randos on the live server for  48 hours because the supertest does not test anything.

10 hours ago, Oicraftian said:

You're fucking retarded.

Of course the forums greatest retard uses AOL for his email address. In 2019 no less. Clearly retards are everywhere.

Wow dude harsh. We get it, you do not like him. So do many others but they do not resort to that. Again, disagree with him all you want but no need to word it like that. If you want an AOL address, I can make you one :doge:

On 12/4/2019 at 4:03 PM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

@lavawing

thats about the only downside it has tbh

but in return its other statistics are very strong for a tier 9 medium 

It's a hell of a downside though, 3s on a auto-loader is pretty poor, 4s on one that has no armour at all and needs 12s to unload for 1500 damage is awful.

The Skoda T50 can literally do it's 3 shot clip before this thing will be able to fire it's second shot! 

Too many targets will have gone back into cover before you can unload your clip and then you'll be stuck with 2-3 in the mag wondering about that long reload. 

And 36s reload is bad as well, in the meta of fast games it'll just not be able to do very much as it's taking 48s to do 1500 damage (if all 4 pen and hit), whilst something like a Patton will be doing 3k damage in that sort of time (including first shot). 

I'd presume, if they are planning on Frontlines for 2020 they probably need a new reward tank in place to attract people to play so my guess it's for that or it's for Steel Hunter which is apparently coming back as a permanent mode. 

8 hours ago, tajj7 said:

It's a hell of a downside though, 3s on a auto-loader is pretty poor, 4s on one that has no armour at all and needs 12s to unload for 1500 damage is awful.

The Skoda T50 can literally do it's 3 shot clip before this thing will be able to fire it's second shot! 

Too many targets will have gone back into cover before you can unload your clip and then you'll be stuck with 2-3 in the mag wondering about that long reload. 

And 36s reload is bad as well, in the meta of fast games it'll just not be able to do very much as it's taking 48s to do 1500 damage (if all 4 pen and hit), whilst something like a Patton will be doing 3k damage in that sort of time (including first shot). 

I'd presume, if they are planning on Frontlines for 2020 they probably need a new reward tank in place to attract people to play so my guess it's for that or it's for Steel Hunter which is apparently coming back as a permanent mode. 

It can always be played like a normal medium with a very good reload. There are always time periods in a game when you have to relocate or there are not possible targets that you can reload a full clip.

There are things we still do not see or know.

HP/T is nice, but turret traverse and track traverse are quite low. Surprisingly low. We do not know terrain resists either. For all we know, it could have CDC 1.44/1.63/2.88 terrain resistance, and frankly then all that horsepower means nothing. 

For an autoloader, it has great accuracy and aim-time numbers, but again we do not know disp. stats. For all we know, WG may balance it out by giving it gun handling like T57 

We do not know if the entire front section of the turret will be that listed armour, or will it be like T95E6 and the strong armour is only in one spot. In addition, the gun dep isn't really good, so do not expect gun dep angles to increase turret armour much either. Expect gun elevation problems too, typical with these French tanks when rotating the gun around. 

Keep in mind these vehicles have their engine hitbox and wheel sprockets in the front, so expect alot of engine damage sustained in frontal hits. While I do think this thing looks stronger than the current Bat Chat 25 AP, I don't really see it being better than current Skoda T50, or Standard B

0000000 -H

Edited by Haswell

13 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

It just dawned on me that this tank has an even longer clip unload than the amx 50 120

12 seconds is an eternity when a soviet medium is looking at you.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:15 PM, Tupinambis said:

It just dawned on me that this tank has an even longer clip unload than the amx 50 120

Ya, with a 4s shell reload having a clip reload up at 36s seems crazy; with not so great burst ability I would put the clip at 25s. But maybe the other stats balance it out.