Deus__Ex__Machina

Supertest: bat-chatillon 12t mle 54

source:  https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/12/09/wot-supertest-bat-chatillon-12t-mle-54/

22b7e2b118de24baab0649539293334d.jpg?w=7

The gun is equipped with a drum for two shells with 360 damage, with a 2s reload between shells. The reload time for the entire drum is 18s. Penetration with a standard projectile is 190 mm, and with a special projectile is 240 mm. Accuracy – 0.42 m per 100 m, aiming time – 3.5 s. Gun depression – 6 degrees.

Im not sure what to think of this tbh, idk if WG is just shitting out new french prems or maybe planning a new french branch?

RiSbeO4vyl4.jpg

4adf53378030e43c8ec9c377565b85bb.png

f3621fcd0d14a64d2c56ac8153459f2f.png

Another French medium has hit the supertest, the Bat.-Chatillon 12t mle. 54

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/12/09/wot-supertest-bat-chatillon-12t-mle-54/comment-page-1/#comment-238993

22b7e2b118de24baab0649539293334d.jpg?w=6

I'm not going to comment on its capabilities as a tank because I'm dogshit with autoloaders, but this does seem rather strange with the the "2-round, fast unload, fast reload" style gun.

Aside from that, this tank on its own wouldn't be that interesting. Most people probably see this and just think "oh look, another tier 8 premium". I'm not sure if that's going to be the case though, given that

1. The Projet 4-1 hit the supertest less than a week ago. I had thought that it was going to be a new-age tier 9 premium, but that would be absolutely bizarre for both of these to be premiums, or for one the tier 8 to be a premium but not the Projet.

2. The Lorraine 40t is still generally regarded as a good premium tank and a crew trainer for the French autoloading medium line, and

3. Since WG loves "line consistency" from tier 8-10 so much, and since the jump from the BC 12t light to the 25t AP medium is kinda jarring [and the jump from the 12t to the AMX-30 is *super* jarring] AFAIK, this makes me think that WG is looking into opening a new French medium minibranch in the tech tree. Specifically a way for players to get into the French mediums without having to go through the light tanks.

I mean, it would be kinda nice to not have 3 tier 9 tanks in the tree being completely dependent on the BC 12t which, frankly, really isn't that good of a vehicle and not something I'm terribly interested in grinding out 3 times. It does beg the question about how to get there though.

The Renault G1R could easily lead to a tier 6 medium, like that weird Sherman with the AMX 13 Turret that showed up in the supertest a while ago, but could easily serve as a tech tree vehicle. The only real gap is tier 7. This then also begs the question though; would this make more sense leading into the 25t AP? Or the AMX 30? I could easily see it working for either.

This tank made me suddenly realize that they need to buff the Skoda T27. I actually kinda like that tank, but this thing has the same clip potential, tanks only 2 seconds to shart out that damage, can run the f**k away way faster and reloads faster.

I mean, I guess 0.42 accuracy kinda blows, but... this thing looks really fun.

EDIT: Oh, yo, I just noticed the 3.5 second aim time. That's really rough, especially for a gun with only a 2 second interclip reload.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

WG is really going for unusable, wonky autoloaders recently. Either 4s intraclip or 3.5s reload. Next it will be a gun that only fires in arty mode but doesn't actually fire up.

Honestly that sounds entertaining. Not good, but entertaining. The 3.5 second aimtime is going to make this thing annoying to play,  basically do you aim your shots or do it fast?

44 minutes ago, echo9835 said:

Honestly that sounds entertaining. Not good, but entertaining. The 3.5 second aimtime is going to make this thing annoying to play,  basically do you aim your shots or do it fast?

It's basically T-34 problem but at high tiers.

52 minutes ago, echo9835 said:

With that kind of aimtime / reload I think this tank would be much more useful as a autoreloader

2.5. Ravioli is still a half decent budget option (shell velocity vs clown cars)

I thought the 4-1 was supposed to be a reward tank? -- next season of Frontlines?

I like the idea of splitting batchat line one+ tier lower for this tank would make sense but not sure how the 4-1 and BC25tAP and it would co-exist in a tree.

The impact of that aim time will depend a great deal on the dispersion values. And that sort of burst is going to be shit to face.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:45 AM, Tupinambis said:

This tank made me suddenly realize that they need to buff the Skoda T27. I actually kinda like that tank, but this thing has the same clip potential

Skoda T27 needs a DPM increase. 

When looking at tanks like T69, AMX-50 100, Somua, both Emils (even pre-buff Emil)  it is clearly seen Skoda has unusually low DPM. Lorraine I can understand, because of the powerful gun, But Skoda doesn't have a powerful gun. Skoda and Even 90 need rate of fire increases

22 minutes ago, Diriz0n said:

When looking at tanks like T69, AMX-Hundo, Somua, both Emils (even pre-buff Emil)  it is clearly seen Skoda has unusually low DPM. Lorraine I can understand, because of the powerful gun, But Skoda doesn't have a powerful gun. Skoda and Even 9O need rate of fire increases

eh, not really. It wouldn't hurt, but the Skoda has some other advantages. Decent gun handling, acuraccy, and aim time, solid power to weight, and a really good time between shots. The Skoda is pretty unremarkable, but it isn't bad. If I were going to buff something on it it would be the shell velocity and pen as 1600 DPM is usable for an autoloader. The EVEN 90 is just a rolling meme. It was never meant to be good, and the fact that it has abysmal DPM is just icing on the meme machine cake. It has godawful gun stats (name one, it doesn't matter, it is bad), mediocre mobility, and average view range. The tank's only good quality is the camo rating, which is hands down the best on any high tier tank other than Swedish TDs. Buffing anything on the EVEN 90 without nerfing the camo has the potential to create an E25 like nightmare and we all know WG doesn't nerf premium tanks.

I would not say Skoda is bad either. The platform is good. All I remarked, is the DPM is unusually low.  It is hard to compare things to Progetto, just because Progetto is the undisputed medium king, but even taking a closer look at something like Pantera  -  and you see Skoda doesn't really even favourably compare to that all that well. The DPM is too low, for a gun not that good in the first place. I can't see it that T69, a real bad medium right now fires almost 1 full shot more per minute than it. Too low. I am not saying boost the DPM high up there like something such as Lansen, no certainly not. I am sure everyone agree that yes, Skoda isn't in dire need of buffs like other tier 8s, sure  -  but we all would also agree boosting the RoF to like T69, wouldn't make it op either. And that is where it should be put.

Even 90 doesn't need much, and what it should get wouldn't make it too powerful either. First of all, its 90mm is virtually identical to AMX ELC, why does it lose twenty alpha, and twenty percent of its velocity? Right down the flusher, and being 3 tiers higher no less. Why doesn't it have ELC engine either? If you can fit it there, you can fit it in Even 90.  It also is the only retarded light tank in the game, that has less HP than peer armoured cars by tier, no others do. It needs HP increased. And there has to be something said about that absolutely abysmal DPM, thats less than AMX12Ts  2 tiers down, also an autoloader light tank. Unacceptable.

00000000000000000000 -H

Edited by Haswell

I would like to believe, they are working on my initial idea alongside proj 4-1, in making a sensible bat chat oriented medium tank line. Instead of having to grind the snot out of Bat Chat 12T currently. 0nly thing that remains odd, are two tier lX in Bat 25 AP and proj 4-1

Interesting to note the vehicle has basically tier X view range, not 370-380 typical for T8 French tanks. Could be the signs of being a prem, as vehicles like CDC, FCM also have great view range.  .42 acc is quite bad, but WG has tendencies to couple bad accuracy stats, with real good soft disp stats, like TS5 ,  IS7,  obj 430U. You get the picture.  The gun depression is sad though, same with prem pen.

Have a 0 key. -H

keyboard_key_0.png

Edited by Haswell

9 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

When looking at tanks like T69, AMX-Hundo, Somua, both Emils (even pre-buff Emil)  it is clearly seen Skoda has unusually low DPM. Lorraine I can understand, because of the powerful gun, But Skoda doesn't have a powerful gun. Skoda and Even 9O need rate of fire increases

Light tanks are op acording to you and you want to buff elc even 90? LOL

Also if you buff elc even 90 it will be op. It's a decent tank now and with that camo too strong gun will make it broken as fuck. The gun is trash but people don't know how to abuse the size of the little shit. Use binocs+optics for a mix of passive and active and jesus this thing is good. Too good gun and it will make e25 look like an amx40.  You also want more HP, faster shell? As someone with 1.5k battles in the tank and someone who used to be top10 on EU regurarly I welcome that but I doubt you will be happy with good players abusing the tank

ELC EVEN 90 buff?

LOLLLLLLLL

ELC EVEN 90 is its own minigame of sitting in the closest bush to the enemy team.
Why play active when the little shit excels at laughing at enemy light tanks inability to spot you?

If i wanted to run around ill play almost any other LT. Please don't give it a more competitive gun, it makes you actually effective at killing things that get close to you instead of having your heart in your throat when anything gets near. 

Not to get off topic, but is the EVEN 90 basically what the British LT’s were *supposed* to be? 

I actually find the terrible DPM to be tolerable since the elc is super sneaky and can choose when and where it wants to unload its damage before having to spend an eternity doing it again.

41 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

Not to get off topic, but is the EVEN 90 basically what the British LT’s were *supposed* to be? 

I actually find the terrible DPM to be tolerable since the elc is super sneaky and can choose when and where it wants to unload its damage before having to spend an eternity doing it again.

Funny thing is our resident nutjob actually thought lights are broken and should be nerfed but the light that is #14 of all light tanks in the game by win rate. #2 in t8 behind broken lt432 and #4 in 5-10 behind LT432, amx 13 57 and EBR 105. Yeah lets buff a light tank with overall 52% win rate, 0.4% over type64. LOL