Wanderjar

Loot Box Results thread dec 2019 edition

22 hours ago, Fenxis said:

I think it's more the inclusion of the T2 Wheelie Boy and T3 Sexton -- those have terrible gold values even compared to the T5s.

yeah it looks that way. the low tiers are WAY more common and their payouts are tiny. the sexton and the 2 french tanks are definitely pulling the gold total numbers down but the gold from boxes seems to be pretty on par. cant tell yet if the prem time is up or down yet

75 Chinese boxes for 125.99CDN

53 days prem

43900 gold (icludes the payouts for extra prems from below) 

1.2 million credits

all styles

the Julia Winnfield Grille

the 703-2 dbl barrel, SU130PM tier 8 prems (I didnt have the 130PM already so this was a plus) 

2 x AM39

3 x sexton

3 x Bretagne Panther

4 x Pz Ausf K

25 NY boxes

Average of 360 gold per box, no tier 8 prems.

Mainly got credits or 1 day of prem as the extras - about as shit as it could go. Got the skin for the 403U and 105.

Also got 1 each of the following, which doesn't really impact me as I don't play lower than tier 8:

-  AM39

-  sexton

-  Bretagne Panther

-  Pz Ausf K

Compared to last year getting the Defender very disappointed.

I crave the the satisfaction of getting one of the two unique tier 8 prems, so will buy more and fall into WG's trap. Fuck it, the more I spend now the less I spend for the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, Snoregasm2 said:

snip

I crave the the satisfaction of getting one of the two unique tier 8 prems, so will buy more and fall into WG's trap. Fuck it, the more I spend now the less I spend for the rest of the year.

the E75 TS was originally going to be on sale in the store from the 25th to the 1st. not sure if thats changed now but one of the new tanks will be on sale if you really want one and not just the gold etc. 

I bought two of the $99.99 75 box bundles.  I received:

Gold: 73,700 - includes gold for tanks already owned.

Credits: 7,400,000

Premium Time: 97 days

Tank Skins: All 6 of them

Tanks: Obj 703 II, E75 TS, Sherman VC Firefly, Bretagne Panther, Pz. III K, AM 39 Gendron

I received some of the other lower tier tanks I already owned, so I received gold in their place.  I did not receive any of the other tier 8s, but I already owned them.

In previous years, I bought less boxes and received more tier 8 tanks and tier 8 tank duplicates.  Last year, i spend less than $100 and ended up getting over 120,000 gold.  I received the IS-3A multiple times along with a few other tier 8 tanks I already owned.  That added to the gold received.

From my 75-pack (new year): i got all the low tier premiums, all the skins, and one tier 8 premium: The Object 2-gun. I got just over 3 million credits, and 27k gold, plus 51 days prem. All in all, it's not bad. Got about my money's worth.

I was hoping for the SU-130PM - i'm not particularly interested in the twin-gunner, but i expected i'd get the 2-gun instead (because me). Oh well. Certainly better than a kick in the butt.

very interesting reading! thanks @13Disciple
https://www.13disciple.stream/19--20-loot-box-guide.html

These values are roughly 100 gold per box or ~ 13% lower than last years averages - however that could be attributed to the significantly larger data size over last year. It's also reasonable considering this year there are fewer tier 5s, and no tier 7s, with an increase in tier 2 and 3. 

Holiday Ops Year
Boxes
Total Gold Value or Tank Value
Gold / Box Avg
18 -19
19 - 20
18 - 19
19 - 20

I bought 75 boxes again. Got no tier 8s, some low tiers, at least Breton and Sexton

All skins

1 Girl

34k gold

72 days of prem

3M credits?

Bought the same package every year and have gotten no tier 8s. I think it's rigged....

16 minutes ago, LoverJoy said:

Bought the same package every year and have gotten no tier 8s. I think it's rigged....

did you read 13Disciples write up on the gift boxes? 

https://www.13disciple.stream/19--20-loot-box-guide.html

fairly interesting stuff even if you dont like statistics etc

So, is it true that if you just want some gold and premium time, the loot boxes are actually cheaper than just buying gold?

If so then I might get some, and maybe get some premium tanks as a bonus if I'm lucky.

theres a bit of bonus in there but at minimum you always get the gold value you paid.
if you want a bunch of gold the bigger box bundles are more efficient at that but otherwise its still a crap shoot>

I bought 11 boxes of the other 3 last friday and got a 130pm (already had that) and the female commander plus another months worth of prem time and a bunch of gold which is what I really wanted.  not a bad deal really.

2 hours ago, Private_Miros said:

Fun detail. The paying loot boxes are illegal and thus prohibited where I live.

consider yourself lucky then?

or just reroll as german or french and laugh?

Bought loot crates just to get gold and premium time (which I did), but now I'm disappointed that I got pretty much nothing else, except for female santa and some kind of tier 2 premium that I'll never play.

interesting. what type of boxes did you buy and how many? 

reports are saying that the New Year and Magic New Year boxes were the most 'lucky' ones to get which tracks with previous years (the 1st and 3rd sets. previously it was Chinese NY and new year in those positions)