Panzergraf

First games in ~5 years. I suck now?

Re-installed WoT and had my first handul of games in a very, very long time. Didn't go that well.

Some of it is down to me just being rusty, and not knowing the meta on any of the new maps, but apart from that... Has the game changed?

1 hour ago, Panzergraf said:

Re-installed WoT and had my first handul of games in a very, very long time. Didn't go that well.

Some of it is down to me just being rusty, and not knowing the meta on any of the new maps, but apart from that... Has the game changed?

5 Years? this isnt even the same game anymore by comparison.

to a degree you are probably rusty, but of most of it lies in the 5 years of changes and meta shifts id say 

i wont write a 500 page book of all the things that are different, ill leave that to others. but just know that at this point ur basically playing a new game and need to relearn everything practically from scratch.

1 hour ago, Panzergraf said:

You're better off uninstalling now.

11 hours ago, Panzergraf said:
  1. Re-installed WoT
    1. This was your first bad play and it set the tone for the rest of the round.
  2. hand(f)ul of games
    1. This is your second bad play. I think these problems are self evident. You shouldn't bash your head into a wall repeatedly.
  3. game changed
    1. You had like an hour to check it out while the game downloaded. Knowledge is important. No wonder you couldn't penetrate the uninstall button. Google is your friend, although specific people are typically better because pubbie trash is pubbie trash.

Replay review

"Wehraboo"

Banned thread locked

Sorry humor is hard for me. Please don't point at the extreme autist

So, there used to be some map guides here somewhere, showing where to go and where not to go with different tanks. Are they still around, updated for current meta and new maps and stuff?

Sorry about the Adv Wars shenanigans, back to topic.

Lemmingrush has WZ12OG, Leopard, WZ131 tube clips on Ensk, to which he describes the map in detail. He has super pershing, and M26 tube clips concerning himmels. He has recent tube clips of Studzianki too, using Hellcat, T67, Type 64, Comet to which he at length talks of the map and strategy/positioning. He has a recent tube clip in widepark, using T3485M. 

Skill4 has loads of content, and is very enjoyable to watch. In tube clips featuring tanks like 53TP, 6OTP, E-Hundo he covers Highway in detail. He talks about Westfield extensively in 5OTP 3MoE game  (sirfoch does it in Conway)  For Live oaks, he has many videos such as him using Rene, Chimera, T26E5, Etc. Skill4 is also a great resource for disgusting maps, like Mines and Empires Border, to which he talks about in length 

Quickybaby, on his free to play account discussing Binoculars, has an ikea 65 redshire replay talking about the map in detail  -  or a panzer wagon video describing it while doing missions.  

Hope this helps. See you on the field,

Well, on the plus side, the game looks gorgeous now compared to how it looked when I was last active.

I had some good rounds in my E75 yesterday, but my E100 (which used to be my most comfy tank, with a 60% solo wr) I could not get to work at all.
Leopard 1 seems to have been buffed with an improved APCR round as premium rather than HEAT. I notice the Löwe has 10 degrees of gun depression now also. IIRC it had much less back in the day. Is the Löwe good  now?

Being able to exclude maps is something I always wanted. Goodbye Malinovka!

11 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

Sorry about the Adv Wars shenanigans, back to topic.

Lemmingrush has WZ12OG, Leopard, WZ131 tube clips on Ensk, to which he describes the map in detail. He has super pershing, and M26 tube clips concerning himmels. He has recent tube clips of Studzianki too, using Hellcat, T67, Type 64, Comet to which he at length talks of the map and strategy/positioning. He has a recent tube clip in widepark, using T3485M. 

Skill4 has loads of content, and is very enjoyable to watch. In tube clips featuring tanks like 53TP, 6OTP, E-Hundo he covers Highway in detail. He talks about Westfield extensively in 5OTP 3MoE game  (sirfoch does it in Conway)  For Live oaks, he has many videos such as him using Rene, Chimera, T26E5, Etc. Skill4 is also a great resource for disgusting maps, like Mines and Empires Border, to which he talks about in length 

Quickybaby, on his free to play account discussing Binoculars, has an ikea 65 redshire replay talking about the map in detail  -  or a panzer wagon video describing it while doing missions.  

Hope this helps. See you on the field,

The guides I was thinking of were more just image files with arrows and stuff drawn on them in MS Paint or something. Like "south-spawn heavies should go here, but never here. Maybe here if they're fast. Mediums should try to go here, or here of they have good depression".
Kind of basic stuff, like don't push hill on Himmelsdorf in a Maus (or is that a thing now?).

If you want more AW shenanigans, I some times stream AW with my friend Mangs on his channel:

@Panzergraf the E100 has been out of meta and power crept to shit for years.

Over the years everything within tiers 8-10 has been dialed to 11, in order to stay competitive ur tank needs a combination armor, speed, pen, and alpha/DPM. if you dont have those ur going to suffer. 

basically all the meta tanks in tier 8 are premiums (surprise surprise) and all the meta tanks in tier 10 are CW/Personal MissionReward tanks  

On 12/23/2019 at 12:41 AM, Panzergraf said:

I notice the Löwe has 10 degrees of gun depression now also. IIRC it had much less back in the day. Is the Löwe good  now?

Yes the Löwe is a very good tank now, a bit boring because it's quite slow but otherwise a good credit earner

To humor myself until Christmas arrives I'm going to do mini-reviews for all the T8 premium tanks as of posting (Dec 2019). It's best to learn up on all the tier 8 premiums since they populate the tier by a fair bit now.

T34
- was trash then, still trash now, it just doesn't work that well as a boomstick heavy especially with 440 alpha heavies

Löwe
- Good tank, decent pen and workable armor means you're competitive in all tiers, also a good credit earner

T26E4
- Surprisingly a good heavium in today's meta, I think is the best of the pref-MM tanks right now because of the speed and pen buff it got years ago

Type 59
- Once a real hunter in a tier 8 wolfpack, got powercreep'd into being just alright. I'd rate it as a T-44-100 with pref-MM. Probably up there with the SP for being alright pref-MM prems

IS-6
- kinda shit even with the pen buffs, you're meeting much more armor at tier 8 these days

KV-5
- pretty shit these days, pretty much a meme if you pull it out

FCM 50t
- I'd imagine it's still competitive, but I never see these things around anymore to gauge its performance.

JT 8.8
- It's a bit bad, hard to make work because of the pew-pew gun and noturret

T-34-3
- was a Type 59 but worse and has 122, even more crap now because tanks hit harder these days

- see IS-6

Panther 8.8
- kinda shit, apparently due for a buff in the future

STA-2
- kinda shit to almost alright, don't see these around anymore because there are better options

AMX CDC
- was shit before, is shit now

T-54 1st prot.
- T-44-100 that trades mobility for armor, so you can kind-of interchange the two, I'd still pick the 44-100 though. Pretty good tier 8 medium.

WZ-111
- see 112

Pz. 58 (Mutz)
- I don't enjoy this tank, you have better options, although it is arguably one of the better tier 8 premium mediums

M46 KR
- An alright tier 8 medium, altough that isn't saying much these days

59-Patton
- I think it was meant to replace the T-34-3 when they decided to get rid of pref-MM, it's kinda shit since its armor profile doesnt work

M4A1 Revalorise
- Pretty good medium, packs a heavy punch of 390 alpha although you're pretty fragile. Also kinda slow for a medium

FV4202 (It's a premium now)
- It's an alright T8 British medium, but there are better options now

IS-3A (It came out around this time)
- Was kinda shit before, now it's a strong T8 heavy because of the autoreloading system (look it up yourself)
- I don't think it's better than tech tree IS-3, though

Kanonenjagdpanzer
-  It's shit, the 105 variant is much better

M41 90mm
- One of the better tier 8 lights, although overshadowed by latter releases, HESH round that wrecks wheelchair tanks

T-44-100
- Strong tier 8 medium, I would pick this up if it's on sale but that's just me, in general though tier 8 mediums aren't very competitive besides a couple

---(Start of the OP premium era)---

Rhm. Skorpion
- This tank was so dominant when it came out, and still is these days (most popular premium tank). The 490 alpha + mobility + turret is a killer combo

AMX M4 49 (Liberte)
- Was really strong when it came out, these days its fairly balanced (says a lot about the current meta)

T26E5 (Patriot)
- Very strong heavium, mobility + armor is very good. Personally not a fan of the gun though since it's a bit derpy

Obj. 252U (Defender)
- currently the strongest tier 8, so strong WG refuses to sell it again (besides events I think?) Armor + mobility + 440 alpha is very strong, you can chop off a portion of your brain and YOLO and still get a better WR than average

---(End of the OP premium era)---

T25 Pilot #1
- solid tier 8 medium, although there are better options. Really don't see these around anymore

Lorr. 40t (yes it's a premium now)
- Solid autoloading medium, good mobility and burst, overshadowed by a certain tier 8 autoloader

M6A2E1 (they put it for sale around this time)
- Yes this was a beta tester tank, yes WG is greedy, yes it's very comptitive because its frontal armor is strong for its tier, no the gun did not get better

Strv S1
- King of the bushwanker TDs, makes good profit beacause of 288 pen standard APCR round, very reactive tank because of Siege mode mechanics (look it up)

Chrysler K

6 hours ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

Chrysler K is another one, while it looks a little silly both appearances and stats wise it's very effective if you spam gold and sidescrape.

Strv 81 (Primo Victoria)
-  premium Swedish Centurion, on-par with the Cent. 5/1 RAAC I think

WZ-120G-FT
- very good brawling TD, meaty 440 alpha and the hull traverse will catch flankers off guard

STG (Guard)
- Obj. 416 with 390 boomstick, I like it even though it's a bit bad

AMX Cda 105
- Decent TD, has the same gun as the (old) AMX-30, outclassed by the Strv S1 in bushwanking

T92
- an alright tier 8 light, severely outclassed by wheelchair tanks. I like it, though.

VK 162.01 (Mauerbrecher)
- Kinda shit, even if it has a 440 alpha gun, think tier 8 Maus

ELC EVEN 90
- ultimate variant of AMX ELC before it got castrated, very good tier 8 light, best camo in class b/c it's small as fuck so you can passive spot for days

Somua SM
- AMX 50 100 with one less shot and more armor, which means it's a better tank

Progetto M35
- currently the best tier 8 medium, shits on the other autoloaders because it autoreloads and has god-mode dispersion / mobility values

Cent. 5/1 RAAC
- premium Australian Centurion but better, on-par with Strv 81

Caernarvon AX
- Strong tier 8 heavy, like the T26E5 but trades mobility for more armor, I think good credit maker too but I don't have one

Kanonenjagdpanzer 105
- Better than standard KJpz because it has the 105 of tier 10 mediums, stil loses to S1 as a bushwanker

50TP prot.
- Obj. 252U that trades armor for a touch better mobility and a better gun, still not as strong as a Defender but still overall a good tank

LT-432
- broke tier 8 light meta, has the armor of a medium with the size and speed of a light, pick one up if you can

SU-130PM
- like the Skorp in that it has mobility + 520 boomstick, trades a bit of Skorp mobility and a full turret for a touch better gun

ISU-130
- used to be a CC only tank, not very good because the platform is ass even if you have the best DPM

M41D
- Don't see this tank that much. It's a Chinese variant of the standard tier 8 M41 Bulldog, I guess it's average to worse than the other lights?

EBR 75
- Wheeled tank, game-breaking mobility, really doesn't matter what you do as long as you can YOLO the enemy you'll get 3k spotting

HWK 30
- Ru 251 if it was still a tier 8, about the same as the M41 90, I think it has a better sillhouette so it's a better spotter

TS-5
- tier 8 american TD w/o a turret, surpisingly good if you can make it work. Pretty slow though just like the line

Lansen C
- 50/50 tank, either you like the 320 alpha -10 degree gun depression boomstick medium or you're turned off by the gun comfortability (it's kinda bad)

T-103
- Don't see this tank a lot, but from what I can gather it's bad

EMIL 1951
- Solid autoloading heavy, if you can find a ridgeline and go hulldown you're gucci

VK 75.01 (K)
- Like the Mauerbrecher, but it gets a meatier 490 alpha gun and is balanced by the god-awful platform it's on

Skoda T 27
- It's a good autoloading medium, still gets shit on by Progetto though

Senlac
- The best tank in its line, and it's the goddamn premium lmao please don't get this tank

TL-1 LPC
- surprisingly a strong medium, get's a touch meatier 280 alpha which is better than its 90mm brothers

Turtle Mk. I
- Good if you can get to the fight and hulldown, you will melt whatever is in front of you, otherwise you're just a map tourist

M48A2 Raumpanzer
- Literally a heavy medium because it's the M48 at tier 8, it's just alright, I suppose? Looks comfy although you might not enjoy it because it's a slow medium like M4A1 Rev.

M54 Renegade (T54E2)
- Very good heavium, trades off workable armor for decent mobility and a good and meaty 360 alpha gun

E-75 TS
- Like the Renegade but trades the gun for a touch better mobility and workable armor

Obj. 703 II
- Don't have one, but is currently the only tank with double barrels, If you can trade two shots you're really strong

I always did better in my T34 than in my Löwe. That seems to still be the case, though the Löwe is noticeably better than what it used to be.

Further good news; finally got the Carnarveon unlocked, so I could sell the Black Prince and never have to look at it in my garage again.

Also realized I have the VK 450-whatever P already fully unlocked from way back when it was the only T9 German heavy (sold it and went back to grind the E75), and the new T10 heavy after it in the tree, the one that looks like that old CW reward tank, seems to be quite a beast.
So with that one and the Super Conq, I actually feel like I have something to grind towards again.

There's been so much power creep in the last few years that the T26E5 is merely decent now, the Caernarvon trades a little bit of mobility for substantially more firepower.

Chrysler K is another one, while it looks a little silly both appearances and stats wise it's very effective if you spam gold and sidescrape.

5 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

And the new T10 heavy after it in the tree, the one that looks like that old CW reward tank, seems to be quite a beast.

It’s the same exact tank armor wise, but with a much much worse gun. Substantially worse pen/alpha/and DPM.