Jump to content
Colmillo206

WoT 2.0, new ammo settings, Tank's HP and old wn8?

Recommended Posts

Any news about what will happen with the wn8 when the magapatch/megaupdate will come? All reddish will be unicum? Or we will have a new wn9 or something?

For anyone who missed the new info:

There is a translation in the comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think anything new yet. same stuff we already know.

Crew skills 2.0 similar to the WoWS captain system,
Global HE rework (no more derps),
Global HP work to match HE rebalance.
low tier branch trimming/streamlining.

SSDD really
 

1 hour ago, PityFool said:

What is this megapatch you speak of?

see above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wanderjar said:

I dont think anything new yet. same stuff we already know.

Crew skills 2.0 similar to the WoWS captain system,
Global HE rework (no more derps),
Global HP work to match HE rebalance.
low tier branch trimming/streamlining.

SSDD really
 

see above. 

I'm asking about the wn8 stats, will remain? will change? will obsolete?

HE rework is not the only change in ammo, the standar ammo will do more damage that special ammo. Equipments can be upgrade to do more damage (more % to fire engine). Even Wg will make a new recent PR for the changes. Crew 2.0 specialization can do more dmg in theory that the current crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Colmillo206 said:

I'm asking about the wn8 stats, will remain? will change? will obsolete?

If there are massive HP changes, yes they'll need to change but it'll take quite a bit for the changes to go live if they ever do. It may even just finally, thankfully, kill WN8 as a metric. Its in effect going to be a new game in terms of WN8 as your historical data is going to be horribly skewed towards lower HP pools which WN* cannot distinguish old from new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

If there are massive HP changes, yes they'll need to change but it'll take quite a bit for the changes to go live if they ever do. It may even just finally, thankfully, kill WN8 as a metric. Its in effect going to be a new game in terms of WN8 as your historical data is going to be horribly skewed towards lower HP pools which WN* cannot distinguish old from new.

Read my edit above, yes... the changes will be more massive that just a change of HP...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colmillo206 said:

I'm asking about the wn8 stats, will remain? will change? will obsolete?

What do you mean, wn8 is obsolete for quite some time now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WN8 can be horribly skewed. Everyone knows that. It isn't used as often as people think

People tend to only care about high avg tier WN8 numbers, tiers 8+ or specifically X, not total WN8

or alternatively avg combined in tanks, like strong MoE contribution. Again, at the same 8+ (mainly X) level

 

Vast changes such as ammunition re-work, shell physics changes (HE) HP changes, crew changes, Etc will involve new metrics over time, when they hit the ground. Keep in mind WN7 persisted for some time after WN8 went live. And no, that is not how metrics work, a piece of shit red will remain a piece of shit, not turn purple. Well, unless they pay someone to play their account.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else isn't thrilled about these proposed changes? Seems like WG is changing a lot of variables at the same time and that's never a recipe for success, specifically the hp changes. I'm also not a huge fan of WoWS's crew skill style- although I admit WoT could use a redesign of current skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kariverson said:

That's still years off. 

No, is planned for june/july

50 minutes ago, Copeyhagen said:

Did I miss a news article or something? Is this shit actually announced as being implemented with a date

Yes, looks like... Is planned for june/july of this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Who else isn't thrilled about these proposed changes? Seems like WG is changing a lot of variables at the same time and that's never a recipe for success, specifically the hp changes. I'm also not a huge fan of WoWS's crew skill style- although I admit WoT could use a redesign of current skills.

I'd rather them change all this stuff at once rather than trying to do one thing at a time, each consecutive change breaking the things that came before it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

I'd rather them change all this stuff at once rather than trying to do one thing at a time, each consecutive change breaking the things that came before it.

But does any of this stuff require changing? Derps are annoying at high tiers but HE is far from the top of my list for things that need working on. I'd much rather see armor/penetration creep rebalanced, not hp pools and HE mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

But does any of this stuff require changing? Derps are annoying at high tiers but HE is far from the top of my list for things that need working on. I'd much rather see armor/penetration creep rebalanced, not hp pools and HE mechanics.

Armor/penetration rebalanced? why?
Stop follow streamers who tell you that the HE rework is a nerf... no more burn engine when youre hitted in the turret, for example, or no more 5dmg with the kv2 hitting an enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colmillo206 said:

Armor/penetration rebalanced? why?
Stop follow streamers who tell you that the HE rework is a nerf... no more burn engine when youre hitted in the turret, for example, or no more 5dmg with the kv2 hitting an enemy.

Because armor creep is a real problem in this game. Weakspots are less important when you can press 2 and go through a tank's strongest armor, so tanks are being introduced that have armor schemes that are resistant to the high pen gold rounds. See SConq, Kranvagn, 705A, Type 5 Heavy, etc... WG, in their infinite wisdom, appears to be attacking this problem by increasing tank hp pools and damage values to simulate premium rounds doing less damage... instead of simply nerfing prem round alpha. 

My point with the HE rework is that I don't think it should be changed yet. I don't think it's as big of a problem as other areas of the game. Tanks that rely primarily on HE are limited to a few high tier derp guns and artillery.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the sound of the crew/equipment reworks. All they have to do is just take the current skills/perks/equipment that no one uses and buff/tweak them so that they're useful. Admittedly the process of moving a crew from one tank to another is clunky, but the only real trouble with it (an annoyance really) is that if you're using credits then there's a lot of little steps in retraining each guy for the new tank, resetting skills to get back to 100% training. New accounts get hosed, but WG could just give them crew training/transfer vouchers to get through the low tiers. As of the sixth-sense situation, they could solve it one of many different ways. The simplest would just be reducing the cost of the directive so that pubbies could run it. Plan B would be making the perk into a skill so that its easier to get the effect. There's even the option of having it in effect for all crews by default and having the perk just shorten the delay or something.

As of the HP buffs, I could go either way. I like the fast pace of the middle/low tiers but I can respect the desire for them to be a little slower. I really just wish the alpha increases were proportional to the HP buffs so that there is actually a significant incentive to use standard shells. It was a given that this would require new metrics, but that's a first-world-problem if there ever was one. Honestly it would be a relief if they do as they say and archive all the old stats for posterity, but then give us an option not to even record new stats if we don't want to. MOE is the only metric that the API should support if you ask me.

The HE rework on the other hand is a total mess. The one valid purpose HE had- punishing thin armor when it penetrates, is totally out the window. They're probably only doing it to shelter the low tiers, but that's precisely where we actually need the derp guns to counter glass cannons like T67s. Who knows what they're even going to do with HESH, and then suddenly they sandbox tested arta that did still pen with HE. At this point I have no idea what they're trying to do. If anything, arta should have the non-pen HE. Normal tanks shouldn't be reworked and HE's alpha should scale up like the AP does to match the HP changes. As of cancerous high tier derps, the only ones that are actually a problem are the Type 4/5, and even then the problem is the armor rather than the gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...