Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have found more and more that 6th sense is not going off and i justy die. 

Is it anything that anyone else has noticed, other members of my clan are saying the same thing. 

Maybe it's a mechanic of the game as things develop with new tanks and power creep. 

Is spotted sense getting over powered by spotting creep?

Anyone got any answers.

NB: my 6th sense does go off most of the time, but more than often it does not. 

It is not just me grumbling because I am rubbish or had a bad game. 

It is also not me missing the point about: - if i get killed in the gap between getting spotted and the few sec between the spotted notification going off and me getting blown up.

It is also not when it is a spotting bush blind shot.

I get shot many times by more than one tank if they are running towards a hill top and i am on the other side and 6th sense will not go off at all.

It's like I don't have it on the tank and i do check to add it as a directive if I have a commander with no 6th sense.

Hence my not understanding and others say pretty much the same thing.

Any teck players please help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you die before the 3s required for SS to go off then you won't get it. Just indicates someone was either pre aimed or had enough rng to hit you.

Alternatively you could have been lit earlier and never got unlit, usually by either a passive scout or someone poking a bush to keep you lit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it’s hard to know 100%, because of the mechanics mentioned above, I’ve been questioning it reliability over the last six months or so.

There are also the rare instances where it’s gone off as I’m just leaving spawn so it’s impossible for me to have been lit.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boy_with_Apple said:

Anyone got any answers.

NB: my 6th sense does go off most of the time, but more than often it does not. 

It is not just me grumbling because I am rubbish or had a bad game. 

It is also not me missing the point about: - if i get killed in the gap between getting spotted and the few sec between the spotted notification going off and me getting blown up.

It is also not when it is a spotting bush blind shot.

I get shot many times by more than one tank if they are running towards a hill top and i am on the other side and 6th sense will not go off at all.

It's like I don't have it on the tank and i do check to add it as a directive if I have a commander with no 6th sense.

Hence my not understanding and others say pretty much the same thing.

if you have 6th on a commander try running a vision directive too or run a 6th directive anyway to get a even faster alert 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sohojacques said:

While it’s hard to know 100%, because of the mechanics mentioned above, I’ve been questioning it reliability over the last six months or so.

There are also the rare instances where it’s gone off as I’m just leaving spawn so it’s impossible for me to have been lit.
 

Laughs in EBR 105

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

Laughs in EBR 105 

Other fast lights with maxed vision get giggles as well. 

The 6th directive is nice, but I have never really felt surprised when it has gone off.  Basically, it goes off roughly where I would expect to be spotted if the other team has decent scouts.

I have also noticed a lot of people driving lights and scouty meds  on my teams who obviously are not running any vision enhancements.  This is in tier 8+ games.  I expect they are perpetually surprised by where they get spotted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ezz said:

If you die before the 3s required for SS to go off then you won't get it. Just indicates someone was either pre aimed or had enough rng to hit you.

Alternatively you could have been lit earlier and never got unlit, usually by either a passive scout or someone poking a bush to keep you lit.

3s? Thought it was 2s? :notlikethis:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Welcome to World of EBRs

Even they’re not that fast. I’m talking about 1-2 seconds into the game with no line of sight.

Gotta say I find it funny that everyone is assuming the OP is just user error. Cause WG have such a good record of not fucking stuff up. Invisible walls and random camo levels from bush to bush just add to the indie vibe (all shit they still haven’t fixed from patch 1.0)

Edit: but I guess the op does have a a bit of an official forum feel, so carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Enroh said:

3s? Thought it was 2s? :notlikethis:

3s for a normal SS commander, 2s if you run the directive on top of that.

28 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

Even they’re not that fast. I’m talking about 1-2 seconds into the game with no line of sight.

Gotta say I find it funny that everyone is assuming the OP is just user error. Cause WG have such a good record of not fucking stuff up. Invisible walls and random camo levels from bush to bush just add to the indie vibe (all shit they still haven’t fixed from patch 1.0)

I'm basing it off my experience - namely that when it comes to SS i've not experienced oddities that weren't explained by much more than 'htf did that bloke get to there?!?' or 'lol, another broken camo tree' and similar. Which, as you say, isn't to say that wg couldn't fk something up, i've just never seen it when it comes to SS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ezz traditionally every wtf moment with SS has easily been explained by just watching the map for a bit. But I have had a very small number of instances where I 100% know I’m not lit. I peak through a bush and watch several red tanks instantly turn and shoot at me. Still alive as is my commander. No lightbulb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

@Ezz traditionally every wtf moment with SS has easily been explained by just watching the map for a bit. But I have had a very small number of instances where I 100% know I’m not lit. I peak through a bush and watch several red tanks instantly turn and shoot at me. Still alive as is my commander. No lightbulb.

Again, without a replay it's hard to diagnose, but just on the surface that sounds like someone had you lit permanently. As someone who spent a fair amount of time dicking around in lights, it's one of the joys when you light someone from an unusual angle, see them do what they think is dropping out of vision but still being lit, then popping back out. It's almost as good as playing a scout before SS was even in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ezz I know I’m sounding pretty official forum myself now. Problem is the instances where I genuinely question the efficacy of SS are so rare that I never remember to save the replay (game set to only save last game). But the couple of times where 6th has gone off when I’ve just started moving from spawn does indicate to me that it isn’t 100% accurate, while being over 99.9% right.

I do think the op is overstating the frequency of the issue (from my experience) and that being permalit and not knowing it would account for the vast bulk of scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, Boy_with_Apple said:

Maybe it's a mechanic of the game as things develop with new tanks and power creep. 

Is spotted sense getting over powered by spotting creep?

NB: my 6th sense does go off most of the time, but more than often it does not. 

 Some people would go for tin foil hat, I just think it is good old forum comedy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ezz said:

Again, without a replay it's hard to diagnose, but just on the surface that sounds like someone had you lit permanently. As someone who spent a fair amount of time dicking around in lights, it's one of the joys when you light someone from an unusual angle, see them do what they think is dropping out of vision but still being lit, then popping back out. It's almost as good as playing a scout before SS was even in the game.

Done that a lot in the EVEN 90. Is absolutely hillarious watching them get confused when they keep getting shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Done that a lot in the EVEN 90. Is absolutely hillarious watching them get confused when they keep getting shot. 

I think the EVEN is the only other tier 8 LT besides the LT432 that can, situationally, counter wheelies effectively. If you can get set up right they literally have to proxy spot you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the 6th sense directive is pretty useful if you're not comfortable with the tanks camo values yet, if you're poking at 400m without bushes it's pretty hard to tell if you're going to get spotted or not against certain tanks (or peeking blindly) and the extra second gives you a full second to react, with aimtimes being around 2-3 seconds it is actually a pretty difference between taking a shot and not taking one

however once you get more comfortable with the tank in question, specifically it's vision/camo ability the directive is close to useless, just like 6th sense becomes much less useful, but short of BiA and repairs i'd still rate it more important than anything else you can skill anyway so there's really no point in not using it

having done a handful of marks with atrocious crews (0 skill tier 9 crews mostly before you could get crews to decent levels without having to actually grind them out) you get used to not using sixth eventually and if you simply just avoid crossing risky areas it isn't actually so bad being without it, high alpha bush campers become a problem and you need hard cover almost all the time to keep dealing damage but i thought the experience would be much worse than it was

i also thought this was a bug a while back but it's honestly an overestimation of your ability to tell if you're spotted or not, mostly you're permaspotted or just got shot before it triggers, if you die 2,9 seconds after getting spotted it feels like you should've been spotted but don't, at exactly 3 seconds the sense triggers as your tank blows up, think about if this only happens when you die or if you can physically spotcheck with hard cover or camo math because i found that this issue was 100% ignorance on my end and no bug at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...