Pepper

Help me not suck at playing the T-100 please

Only 44% WR & 2300 wn8. I just can't seem to make much of an impact. Either we win (which again is less than half of the time) and it's steam rolls in which I cna't get damage. Or I lose games because I can't pad ez damages. The accuracy and pen make me want to actually want to go play a T49 with a derp because even that's dispersion seems to be more friendly :^)

I believe I have 6S, BIA, Camo, Sit Awareness,  Off Road, and Safe Stowage - normally run with Vstab, rammer, and optics. I tried substituting each of those with binocs and vents with a combination of food and directives. Unfortunately it's not making such a difference in my game play. 

Any tips to help me not suck? 

1. Watch old Illia red videos.

2. Current meta is shit for getting results in spotters. I'm trying to 3 mark the EBR105. With 4 lights per side, people being never in range to shoot it's hard. 

3. Run Rammer + Optics + Binocs. I know they don't stack but use one for bushes, another for active play. 

4. How is your survival rate? You die often? Maybe shoot less spot more? Also if you know the game is lost prioritize being alive at all costs and farm spot or dmg on a flank that is being overrun.

The T100LT is the king of camo, but to use that advantage you have to work hard to position yourself no closer than a certain distance to likely enemy positions. For my crew + equipment I find that 300m is the right limit. I use the 'circles' file in xvm to draw a red circle on the minimap at 300m radius around the tank, then in game I take care to run that up to but not over enemy positions so you can spot them but 95% of the time they cant spot you. The extra spotting you get by mastering that will raise your winrate. 

Its an amazing active scout but - due to not class leading VR - its not really a passive scout in the general sense. Keep moving!! Exception: the high camo, coupled with bush camo, makes it amazing as a 'stay behind' passive scout sitting in a bush as the enemy advance. In these cases, with my crew and equipment, they wont spot me in the bush until about 80m away. This is a great tactic to use if your team loses a flank. Get to know suitable bushes near your own cap.

As for doing damage, its not your job. Just be aware of whats behind you, and use their guns by spotting to win. 

The gun is trash, mainly due to dispersion and pen. However, the aim time is nothing, so drop the vstab and take vents instead. Pen dropoff over range is huge, so only shoot stuff thats close, in the end game, or to defend yourself while running away.

I second the suggestion to watch Ilya Red on youtube - loads of good info.

i did it the other way around, wouldn't call it the optimal way of playing it but with ebr's being present every single game you rarely get to play primary spotter anyway so i went vents/rammer/optics and went for full damage gameplay just like the lt432 is good at, it's all about not overextending then, playing it more as an agile medium since the gun is lowest alpha in tier with sub par dpm that doesn't really help it rack up damage

that means you have to draw games out and make sure you play the long game, meaning you don't always use your mobility to take vision control but use it more as a relocation device when you need to split, use camo and small profile to keep yourself from taking damage while making sure you keep dealing damage

one tip is to play reasonably passive until the game opens up, once people are alone and get caught you can just yolo in as the 2nd tank and freefarm, do that enough times and you get some pretty good reliable damage out close to every game while taking every free shot you can find (use your mobility for this, not CQC with other lights)

lt432 is a real good tank to practice in a lower tier with easier opposition, identical playstyle at a lower difficulty