Never

[02/02/2020] Some Bugfixes

Hello!

First bugfixes of the new decade are in:

• Fixed issue that prevented tanks from being added to the overall tank table (located at the bottom of your stats page). This requires a stats update, so it might not show up in your page right away.
  • Updated Twitch API for the sponsored / community streamers. Still waiting to validate that everything is working (requires someone to be streaming Tanks), but theoretically they should, which is why they probably won't.
  • Minor database maintenance.

Cheers, and happy new decade!

Not that it's of particular concern but since about the time of these fixes most player data appears to work fine while a few players (eg mine) time out.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Not that it's of particular concern but since about the time of these fixes most player data appears to work fine while a few players (eg mine) time out.

I made a tweak to query to fix an issue with the battles displayed in the periodic columns that might have something to do with it. I'll see if that's the case and if there's no workaround I'll revert the change.

31 minutes ago, Never said:

I made a tweak to query to fix an issue with the battles displayed in the periodic columns that might have something to do with it. I'll see if that's the case and if there's no workaround I'll revert the change.

To be honest i've only tested on about half a dozen player pages and mine is the only one not loading so not sure how widespread. If i'm one of the few broken ones i'm not fussed - it's been a godsend during my recent tier X event shittery!

I've been getting weird recents, especially under 24 hours column. Like right now it lists me at one battle, but that I've survived 7 times (player name LostMuffin on NA). The event rental tanks are also not loading at all for me. Maybe it's because they are "special" tanks, but figured I would ask because event is through Standard Battles on NA, so wasn't sure if their data should have gotten pulled or not. (Not that I would be too excited to look at my bad stats in Tier X lol)

Survival rates aren't included with individual tank stats (which are used for everything, as detailed here), so it has to show whatever was included in the overalls, which may include a different subset of games. Yep, it's weird, it's crappy, but it's the limitation of the Wargaming API.

Regarding today's games going to the 7-day column (I'm assuming they're not shown in the 24-hour column at all) this might be a result of the tweaked query I mentioned earlier. I'll take a look at it.

Never. Not wishing to chuck work at you but the dual nation Rudy borks recent stats. If you switch the nation it adds the total battle stats for the Rudy as new stats for the last 24 hours. Currently (like a good Chinese bot on the AU server) it thinks I played 430 battles in the last 48 hours because it's chucked the Rudy's 370 battles into the daily numbers.

I don't know if it's an easy fix but any chance you could slip a fix into the next sprint? ;)

I'm afraid there's no fix for that. WG in its infinite wisdom keeps the same stats but changes the tank ID they're attached to. Unfortunately there's no way to tell these are stats transferred from another tank.

Though now it seems like that will cause duplicated stats... Good god what a mess... I'll see if there's any way to patch that up, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

You're a star Never. Cheers for looking.

In the end I moved the Rudy back to being Russian so it at least fixed my recents.

Just curious. My 24 hour results show an average wn8 of 1143 but when I multiply  the number of battles in each tank with average wn8 in each tank, get the totals, add them together and divide by the total number of battles I get an average of 1350. What am I missing?

I may be explaining this incorrectly, but I think the overall WN8 is by averaging the expected values of the stats, vs your actual overall stats and then calculating the overall WN8. It's not just a flat average of the WN8 results per tank or per game.

6 hours ago, Istanbultaye said:

I may be explaining this incorrectly, but I think the overall WN8 is by averaging the expected values of the stats, vs your actual overall stats and then calculating the overall WN8. It's not just a flat average of the WN8 results per tank or per game.

That is correct. We average each relevant stat from all the relevant tanks along with their expected values and plug them into the WN8 formula. More info on the WN8 formula can be found here.