ireny1

Strategic advice.

Question

Hello!

I've improved my strategic logic a lot for the past couple of months and I'm looking for advice from some more experienced players.

I have 2 questions that I'd like to be answered.

What is the first thing you analyze when you're entering a game?
Based on what do you take split-second decisions during gameplay?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, ireny1 said:

Hello!

I've improved my strategic logic a lot for the past couple of months and I'm looking for advice from some more experienced players.

I have 2 questions that I'd like to be answered.

Thanks!

First thing: What terrain best suits playing to my tanks strength, not its class || what terrain must be won to increase likelyhood of winning?

Second: How is my team deploying, and how can I either take an advantage?

Pubbies will pub, and play to their class deployment no matter the situation. Breaking those tendencies, and maximizing your tanks strengths combined with pubby deployment is vital

34 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

First thing: What terrain best suits playing to my tanks strength, not its class || what terrain must be won to increase likelyhood of winning?

Second: How is my team deploying, and how can I either take an advantage?

Pubbies will pub, and play to their class deployment no matter the situation. Breaking those tendencies, and maximizing your tanks strengths combined with pubby deployment is vital

Pubbies? Not familiar with the term.

So basically, I should take advantage of my tank's strengths in any scenario and focus on taking an advantage based on my team's position later on in the game. Sounds awesome and really helpful!
Another questions, if I may ask:
1) How do YOU play TDs successfully? I managed to get to the Grille and I absolutely suck with it. I'm average on it with a very low winrate(41%). Whatever I do, I cannot manage to have decent games, although my d/b is 1,9k(low af considering its alpha). 
2) Any tips for marking tanks?

Thanks so much once again!

Also, seems like I found my old account, lol.

First thing you always look at is obviously the team comps and most importantly, arty... The more arty there is the more passively you are forced to play. Some people play exactly the same with three arty on the enemy team as they would with no arty, this results in them getting shit on and then complaining. If you see three arty on the enemy team try to avoid going to a place on the map where you know they'll be able to shoot you, or if you do don't make yourself the easy target.

Second is the rest of the team. As TheMarine mentioned, "Pubbies will pub, and play to their class deployment no matter the situation.", so most of the time you already know where most of the enemy team is going. Try to take advantage of that knowledge. If you're a medium but there are only two heavies, maybe pushing the heavy side is a good idea, and vice versa. If there are no/few TDs more of the map opens up, you can be more confident pushing certain areas where TDs would otherwise shoot you. It's important to avoid the "I'm a heavy so I have to go here" type of mindset. If you see an opening to make a novel play take it.

Any change of circumstance. That tank died that was pinning me down, now I can move. That enemy is now low enough health for me to one-shot him, I'm going to push in. The enemy LT died, now the mid will be open without me getting spotted. My teammates are low on health, if they pushed in now I wouldn't have enough time to run, so I need to gtfo. Etc, etc. Almost every battle there are times when the situation changes but pubbies don't react to take advantage of it. "I'm a heavy sitting at the heavy corner, I'm doing what I'm 'supposed' to be doing", instead of noticing that most of the enemy on the other side and that he should push. It sounds kinda weird but the goal is to always be as aggressive as possible so that you can have shots on enemies, but without overextending. It can be a fine line, but pubbies often don't realise when the line has moved up or is way behind them. They tend to stay in the same spot until someone else pushes up and shows them that it's safe or they get overrun by enemies.

10 hours ago, InfinityGamer said:

First thing you always look at is obviously the team comps and most importantly, arty... The more arty there is the more passively you are forced to play. Some people play exactly the same with three arty on the enemy team as they would with no arty, this results in them getting shit on and then complaining. If you see three arty on the enemy team try to avoid going to a place on the map where you know they'll be able to shoot you, or if you do don't make yourself the easy target.

Second is the rest of the team. As TheMarine mentioned, "Pubbies will pub, and play to their class deployment no matter the situation.", so most of the time you already know where most of the enemy team is going. So try to take advantage of that knowledge. If you're a medium but there are only two heavies, maybe pushing the heavy side is a good idea, and vice versa. If there are no/few TDs more of the map opens up, you can be more confident pushing certain areas where TDs would otherwise shoot you. It's important to avoid the "I'm a heavy so I have to go here" type of mindset. If you see an opening to make a novel play take it.

Any change of circumstance. That tank died that was pinning me down, now I can move. That enemy is now low enough health for me to one-shot him, I'm going to push in. The enemy LT died, now the mid will be open without me getting spotted. My teammates are low on health, if they pushed in now I wouldn't have enough time to run, so I need to gtfo. Etc, etc. Almost every battle there are times when the situation changes but pubbies don't react to take advantage of it. "I'm a heavy sitting at the heavy corner, I'm doing what I'm 'supposed' to be doing", instead of noticing that most of the enemy on the other side and that he should push. It sounds kinda weird but the goal is to always be as aggressive as possible so that you can have shots on enemies, but without overextending. I can be a fine line, but pubbies often don't realise when the line has move up or is way behind them. They tend to stay in the same spot until someone else pushes up and shows them that it's safe or they get overrun by enemies.

this was extremely helpful, thank you very much!