Reppic27

Are These Tanks Relevant Today?

Gents,

I'm looking for some info/tips/tricks for some tanks I have collecting dust in my garage. The biggest question is primarily, are they relevant? 

1. T32

2. Type 62

3. Tiger I

4. Borsig

Thanks !

T32:
I really like this tank, although I have to set my APCR as my standard round. Hulldown you're practically unstoppable + 400m base means you're a really good bait spotter. The gun hits decently for alright handling as well.

Too bad it's horribly powercrept like the other tech tree heavies bar IS-3 because IS-3.

Type 62:
It's still pretty decent considering its same-tier opponents, although like most light tanks you're going to get shit all over by wheelchair tanks.

Tiger I:
This tank has always paled in comparison to the all-mighty T29 and the myriad of IS clones at the same tier, it may even suffer a lot more these days since it will struggle a lot fighting tier 8 (premium) heavies. I'd barely call it relevant, it's kind of just there.

Rhm-Borsig:
Camo TD's have gotten a resurgence due to the broken bush mechanics, so this one can still be relevant even though it's squishy. 490 alpha is nothing to scoff at, and the 15cm is fun for HEAT/HE memes, but I wouldn't pick this tank over the Skorp/S1/WZ-120 FT, which goes for most tier 8 tech tree v. premium tanks these days.

Tiger has powerful DPM, and a large health pool. It takes damage fairly easily, but can be powerful when top tier.

Type 62 is a powerful tier 7 light tank, because it has pre-Nerf 9.17 light tank stats, like AMX1357

Rhm Borsig is still a great sniper schnitzel TD, with acceptable late game clean up ability because it has a turret. Though nowhere near as flexible as Skorp G or SU130PM, because those are much faster  -  Borsig plays the sniper bit better because of DPM and camo benefits. Borsig also is very fun, as some people use the derper HEAT/HE tandem

T32 is awful, and has fell to  power creep for many several years ago.  It has strong view range, strong turret armour, strong gun depression  -  but literally everything else is bad. It is a not so useful gimmick, that has long been replaced by more serviceable alternatives like Caern AX, normal Caern, 50 TP, Patriot, or heck even 5/1 RAAC

Fucking 0's.

Edited by Haswell

1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

T32:
I really like this tank, although I have to set my APCR as my standard round. Hulldown you're practically unstoppable + 400m base means you're a really good bait spotter. The gun hits decently for alright handling as well.

Too bad it's horribly powercrept like the other tech tree heavies bar IS-3 because IS-3.

Type 62:
It's still pretty decent considering its same-tier opponents, although like most light tanks you're going to get shit all over by wheelchair tanks.

Tiger I:
This tank has always paled in comparison to the all-mighty T29 and the myriad of IS clones at the same tier, it may even suffer a lot more these days since it will struggle a lot fighting tier 8 (premium) heavies. I'd barely call it relevant, it's kind of just there.

Rhm-Borsig:
Camo TD's have gotten a resurgence due to the broken bush mechanics, so this one can still be relevant even though it's squishy. 490 alpha is nothing to scoff at, and the 15cm is fun for HEAT/HE memes, but I wouldn't pick this tank over the Skorp/S1/WZ-120 FT, which goes for most tier 8 tech tree v. premium tanks these days.

pretty much this. Kit your t32 for vision and laugh as you rack 3k bounced per game. the gun is terrible though.

Playable? Yeah, grinding through them isn’t painful

Relevant? T29 and Type 62 are. Tiger I suffers from the meta and gets progressively worse but there still isn’t a tank that does the same things better than it in its tier, even if it’s kind of bad it still has a role in the game. The other 2 are outclassed by same tier and nation prems in literally every important stat so there is zero point in using them besides progressing further in the tree

Rhoomba remains remains scary, the 490 alpha is more consistent and turns you into a skorp G with no profit. With the Boomstick you sacrifice consistency on the alter of meme value. It isn't meta, but its workable. The T32 is a power creeped PoS. The turret is tough, like crazy tough, but the hull is nothing special and it goes downhill from there. Slow, and with a gun that has never been meta, the T32 lacks the tools to compete with most tier 8 heavies and is a very poor performer when bottom tier. It isn't the worst tier 8 heavy, but it isn't very good. The Type 62 is a decent old school LT, but the Type 64 is better and cheaper. The Tiger 1 is an XP pinata played by masochists. 

Also how to play Rhm.

The Tiger I will definitely struggle more now because there are a lot more tanks at tier 8 that have bigger alpha, which makes it much tougher to trade effectively and leverage its DPM advantage given it's awful armour, but I imagine you can still do very well with it given the mantlet is strong enough to bounce and it can sidescrape. I mean, I was able to do pretty well in the Tiger P which is far worse than the Tiger I when I ground the former last year.

The Borsig is still a good option, and has the added advantage of having 2 perfectly legitimate playstyles on offer: either use the 128 and kemp bush, snipe long range with 490 alpha and great pen, or run the 150 (which is lighter and thus gives a noticeable mobility buff), run with heavies and slap things for 750 alpha, while still maintaining the ability to kemp bush if really required.

On 2/6/2020 at 2:22 AM, Reppic27 said:

Gents,

I'm looking for some info/tips/tricks for some tanks I have collecting dust in my garage. The biggest question is primarily, are they relevant? 

1. T32

2. Type 62

3. Tiger I

4. Borsig

Thanks !

1. Lol No

2. Most people would say no but the camo is decent and the VR is high for the tier so it's still a decent scout. The shells are slow but I'd say it's still above average

3. Still good because the gun + hp combo works

4. Slow paper tds got fucked. Not only because of wheelies but DPM + speed creep has made games faster and those tanks benefit from long games

T32 has been brutally power creeped compared to the other tier 8 heavies - shitty base pen, shitty DPM, armor only works under one set of conditions, shitty mobility, and a gun that is just bad. 

Roomba + bush meta = memes until you get spotted

Tiger is not a heavy tank, its a slow hellcat with shitty camo and armor that sort of works at a distance.  If you can read your team mates license plate you are too close to the front line.

Type 62 I know nothing about 

As others have mentioned, T32 never had a good gun and it only gets worse with age, its main selling point was turret armor which WG now gives to everything. Having turret armor is no longer a pro, lacking it is a con.

Tiger I used to be one of the best tier 7 tanks but the armor and alpha meta does not favor it and the penetration is merely okay by tier 7 standards nowadays. It was not a bushwanker and if you are using it as a bushwanker you should probably stop, nevertheless it would likely be forced to play support much more than the olden days.

Type 62 was meme tier bad for a while, then it greatly benefited from the LT MM changes, fuck wheelchair tanks though

Rhm Borsig may not be one of the best tier 8 TDs anymore but it is still a bushwanker with a fuckoff gun, thus remains usable and doesn't get raept too bad in tier 10. Thanks WG for encouraging bushwanking, you rock (to be fair this has lessened somewhat over the past few years)

I'm guessing you already gleaned all this already tho from the previous replies.