ZXrage

Bourrasque, Tier 8 Premium MT (Marathon)

7 hours ago, sr360 said:

So... double Bourrasque 

This is something my brother and I run a lot. We duo platoon a lot and double bourr frequents the lineup. What is absolutely game-breaking is that we have factored in some coordinated deployments on a number of the maps where we delete a tier 8 heavy 30 seconds into the game. Cliff is a prime example, we both roll up to the mid bushes immediately, focus the easiest target and byebye 1500 HP + a tank from the enemy lineup before the game has even begun.

Just this morning we had a game on Pearl River which came down to a 3v8 which a decent TT-6 player in a Bisonte helped us to carry. The very next game on Cliff, this exact same player was the victim of our Early-Game Heavy Tank Removal Program (TM) and he was back to garage with 0 damage 30s into Cliff. I felt bad, but I giggled while feeling bad.

Jesus Christ, loaded up Prok and look next to me and realize this tank is way smaller than my "light" tank. It's an LT that traded 8% camo for a gun that would be good for a medium.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:00 AM, PityFool said:

This is something my brother and I run a lot. We duo platoon a lot and double bourr frequents the lineup. What is absolutely game-breaking is that we have factored in some coordinated deployments on a number of the maps where we delete a tier 8 heavy 30 seconds into the game. Cliff is a prime example, we both roll up to the mid bushes immediately, focus the easiest target and byebye 1500 HP + a tank from the enemy lineup before the game has even begun.

Just this morning we had a game on Pearl River which came down to a 3v8 which a decent TT-6 player in a Bisonte helped us to carry. The very next game on Cliff, this exact same player was the victim of our Early-Game Heavy Tank Removal Program (TM) and he was back to garage with 0 damage 30s into Cliff. I felt bad, but I giggled while feeling bad.

When I reinstalled for a couple days a year ago the Bourrasque is what pissed me off more than anything else. The only upside is they always died after 1-2 clips cause pubbies cant handle speed and a 20 sec reload. Unfortunately those 1-2 clips were always in my ass cause when they arent rushing to their death they are camping behind the redline.

@Jesse_the_Scout I love your tag

Omg omg omg omg

Sorry for my stupid enthusiasm fellas... but this is really the first time something like this happened for me!

This is the 2nd bunch of 3 boxes I bought this winter (the other being in December... I don't have the best of wages AND I'm not keen on giving WG my money at all, but what the heck, the 3 box deal is dirt cheap)...and the fucking Borrat came in the 2nd box!

3rd box also gave me 3D style for E4, fuck yeah!

Oh my bloody stars!
At first I thought it was a tiny tier 5-6 shitter or whatever can drop out of them boxes... but then I noticed the silhouette.

I literally shouted a FUCK YEAH alone in the house!

Goddamn it, this really feels like winning the lottery with a pure blind luck. WarGayming really know how to market these things, because frollock me sideways, the giddy feeling is definitely working!

shot_049.jpg

shot_050.jpg

I admit it- I bought 2 big boxes :upsetkitty: but ok, the first one had the Borat and like 4 tier x skins.
The second one had the GSOR. Pretty lucky, that double-barrel stuff is not me.
Both tanks are among the funniest I have tried. Borat is simply awesome in current meta, I have had a couple of days
with pure joy. 

It's just the best now. Equipment 2.0 and bounty LNES opened the door. Field mod and dual config bulldozed the house.

I picked the dispersion improvements for accuracy penalty. I picked stealth improvements.

Config 1 is Full Stealth. bLNES, slotted CVS and bond optics. 499 VR, full CVS bush burning and 44% camo. That's the same camo as an EBR105 with vents or an EVEN90 with full crew skills and food. It's truly a tier 9 LT now. You lose 2 kph top speed for this. I can do a lot more with the camo.

Config 2 is full gun. Vstab, slotted vents (in the vision slot) and bounty IAU. No more worries about Himmels and Ensk. Just drop your camo build and go brawl people. There's several fight focused configs i could see being useful - this one was pretty cheap.

I probably run Full Stealth 70% of the time and gun 30%. It's pushed my session averages up a little bit.

But the best part? Being able to carry more regular ammo - especially with the intuition skill change. I make a TON more profit now because i can choose the higher premium load for certain maps and MM (with hard targets) but if it's all softs and 8s then bringing nearly all regular ammo to boost my credits!!!

So, this was on sale last week on EU so I picked it up.

Mobility is great, camo is great, bloom is nice (except for the reticle bloom after firing, 4 base is abysmal), base accuracy is meh and shell velocity is atrocious on the standard rounds but decent on gold.

I am running two setups:

Gun build is IRM, vents, vstab. I tried bounty aiming over IRM but didn't make things much better as imo it's geared towards sniping and sniping is the very thing this tank can't do.

Scout build which is vents, CVS, optics. This because while lnes gives you stupid camo I prefer to have a little bit more view range, after all I still get 46% camo with vents, camo crew, food, bia, field mods and camo directive.

I'm now debating the use of bond vents and maybe bond vstab (or bounty IRM once I get it from BP) ,while using bond optics on the scouting loadout.

Any ideas?

I use a regular vstab - because the base bloom isn't that high. Bond optics with all perks and food gives 499 VR which is super great for the Bourrasque CVS LNES build.

With my regular vstab build i do use bond vents (and bounty IAU) for a comfy 0.33 accuracy - while maintaining decent camo (35) and VR (451).

So your plan is all Crab-approved - except save the 5000 bond vstab for a tank that can really make use of it.

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

I use a regular vstab - because the base bloom isn't that high. Bond optics with all perks and food gives 499 VR which is super great for the Bourrasque CVS LNES build.

With my regular vstab build i do use bond vents (and bounty IAU) for a comfy 0.33 accuracy - while maintaining decent camo (35) and VR (451).

So your plan is all Crab-approved - except save the 5000 bond vstab for a tank that can really make use of it.

Cool, 400 bonds down then to move optics and vents from the batchat (I will buy them again once I heff some bonds to spare) :D

498m vr 43% camo on the scout build (haven't mounted bond optics yet and recon is at 63%)

453m vr 41% camo on the gun build, 0.36 accuracy (might go back to bounty aiming in a while)

edit: forgot to buy the camouflage field mod lol :D