kolni

Pick a (WoT) Topic for Kolni to write about

One question: I can only play heavies. Am I retarded?

Another thing: Im a shitter in EBRs (Same avg DMG and spots in T8 prem EBR and T10 EBR). Am I even more retarded?

Oh and btw: Is it just me or are a lot of bushes fcked up since 1.0. Like srsly Im being spotted sometimes when theres absolutely no logic behind it. Not playing that much since I went so ultra bad at this game after a long break back in 2016/2017.

7 hours ago, Wurstsoljanka said:

Oh and btw: Is it just me or are a lot of bushes fcked up since 1.0.

Yes, they are. Lots of bonus invisible walls to shoot and inconsistent destructibles as well.

22 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Straik is playing again, I still watch him sometimes. I just mute it and listen to Two Steps from Hell instead of listening to the Cyka stream.

That made me check out Russian streamers and Stanlock_MERCY is just filthy. 5k DPG on average across all his tanks in his recents, which includes tier 8s and 9s.

I have a question. 

This is something I learned to do watching Lemmingrush and Fochs content, essentially playing a vehicle outside of its role and/or strengths. For instance, they would go city in medium tanks,  or in himmels / Karelia - fight for the respective hills with faster heavy tanks. From what I see, there are obvious advantages and disadvantages. When I played 121 med alot grinding bonds last year, I put a significant amount of effort and time, playing it as a heavy tank, and thought it was a good trade-off for my team's benefit. Thoughts about this? 

2 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

I have a question. 

This is something I learned to do watching Lemmingrush and Fochs content, essentially playing a vehicle outside of its role and/or strengths. For instance, they would go city in medium tanks,  or in himmels / Karelia - fight for the respective hills with faster heavy tanks. From what I see, there are obvious advantages and disadvantages. When I played 121 med alot grinding bonds last year, I put a significant amount of effort and time, playing it as a heavy tank, and thought it was a good trade-off for my team's benefit. Thoughts about this? 

this is very simple actually

sometimes you just give up tank strengths for situational gain, it's super easy to just say that but much harder to realise what those situations might be

7 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

I have a question. 

4 hours ago, kolni said:

sometimes you just give up tank strengths for situational gain, it's super easy to just say that but much harder to realise what those situations might be

I think quoting @kolni himself from past threads, this is also common when the focus is just to get the maximum damage you can - you go to the area with most damage. This is often with the heavies when you are playing a med, or rolling with the meds as heaviums.

Speaking for myself, I nearly always go to heavy areas at some point in the game in paper autoloaders, as they are easy to track/farm if they poke wrong or when my team pushes in.

On 3/17/2020 at 5:56 AM, kolni said:

elaborating a bit further on this in specifics would be that you need to know the tanks limits; what are the things this tank can do well

this is always what you want to be doing, going to places where your tank is as strong as it can be, but sometimes that doesn't work out so then you have to make sacrifices in those areas for an overall better game

so, the next step would be: what are the things this tank can do at all? then you strip your tank advantage for another advantage, whether it is a better position not really suited for your tank, fighting tanks not really ideal to fight and so on, or simply taking a leap of faith if you're at a loss on what to do

it doesn't really apply to gimmick tanks as they generally cannot do anything but what they're good at like Strvs for example, some tanks are simply useless outside of their main element meaning that their main element still is the best option for that specific game even if it's a really shitty one

a concrete example would be enemy tanks just not showing up to where you deployed; your position is super strong for you but there is nothing to do there. what now? at this point in time you should have some information on the minimap where the tanks are (1/3 usually show within the first 90 seconds of the game on most maps and with that information you can start problem solving your current situation into a gameplan since step 1 didn't quite work out.