Ham_

Corona Virus vs WotLabs Community Megathread

With all the discussion on this forum, from people across the world, even in China and Italy this seems appropriate given the rapid escalation in the past 24 hours.

Italy in Lockdown

NBA Cancelled

Juventus Team in Quarantine 

Rudy Gobert Positive (In the dumbest way possible)

Tom Hanks Positive

UK Health Minister Positive

Iranian Vice President Positive

This is affecting several of us already on this forum, through education, work and social life and will rapidly get worse. Stay smart and play the IS-4 when you need a mental break. With the power of bushwankers I wish you all the best of health.

Mayor for my city didn't suspend classes for us a few days ago so the President of the country had to do it for her :serb:

I'm off-campus for two weeks, which is nice I guess

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51527043

Armed robbers in Hong Kong made off with hundreds of toilet rolls worth more than HKD1,000 ($130; £98).

Toilet rolls are currently in short supply in Hong Kong due to shortages caused by panic-buying during the coronavirus outbreak.

DxZtDhC.jpg

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

We definitely started that shit, I am sorry:facepalm:. They had this interesting (profitable) logic behind saying "What worse than finding no bogroll after you have a dump". It was during the time where we stocking up daily supplies in case of a complete lockdown, i.e. the virus was not global yet and information was insufficient, we reacted to the virus without even looking what the government has said because hey we had SARS before. Now the bogroll thing is followed by the rest of the world, wtf.

One month and a half later we are more or less used to it. Everybody just wear a mask outside and do whatever they had been doing.

Well now in Italy anything that isnt a food market, a newsagency or a postoffice is now closed. 

I am not allowed to leave my house to go to see my parents unless i there is an emergency. People have to show permits to go to work. Apparently i cant even go out for a walk. 

The police is monitoring the roads and questioning people on where they are going ect.

This situation is terrible

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Well now in Italy anything that isnt a food market, a newsagency or a postoffice is now closed. 

I am not allowed to leave my house to go to see my parents unless i there is an emergency. People have to show permits to go to work. Apparently i cant even go out for a walk. 

The police is monitoring the roads and questioning people on where they are going ect.

This situation is terrible

Do you guys have enough supplies running? Is logistics (basic necessities) still running normal?

No serious measures yet in Belgium despite same cases.

I've been working from the assumption there are many, many infections already, just not that many serious cases. I have a slight dry cough and feel generally tired, so I might be infected as well for all I know. With limited test kits they aren't testing you unless you have fever. (Plus it's busy at work and the weather is shitty, so I was always expected to be tired and have a throat ache and a cough - which I usually have during these months.)

In any case, I have stopped shacking hands a few weeks ago, and I keep my distance from my parents and stopped visiting my grandmother on my own.

And I have enough food for a week or two and toilet paper for a month, should things go in lockdown here.

5 hours ago, Haswell said:

You have no idea, here in Australia we have had people in literal punch-ups over toilet paper in the supermarket isles. Even worse, Australia manufactures its own toilet paper too, so it's not like it's going to run out anytime soon.

We've not cancelled major events or closed schools on a mass scale although in my state (Victoria) apparently the education department is debating whether to do so within the next 24-48 hours.

Given we are now in autumn and heading into our typical flu season, it is going to be super difficult for authorities here I think to manage case-flow because if panic grips, every man and his dog with any kind of symptom is going to want to be tested. Heck, I might even have it, my wife was sick with fever and blocked nose all of last week (likely got something from school), and I have had mild fever for a couple of days (nothing significant) - although chances are very low.

How to clear supermarket queues and get all the toilet paper:

>speak Italian or Chinese so everyone around can hear you

>cough even louder and a lot

>enjoy the shitshow

>grab everything you need, check out

>walk out like a boss

ngl, I might try this tomorrow lmao

1 hour ago, orzel286 said:

How to clear supermarket queues and get all the toilet paper:

>speak Italian or Chinese so everyone around can hear you

>cough even louder and a lot

>enjoy the shitshow

>grab everything you need, check out

>walk out like a boss

ngl, I might try this tomorrow lmao

:riot:

Our public health system and local authorities are currently in pandemic planning mode and supporting the detect and isolation Phase until the situation evolves.  Our province is still hoping the isolation phase techniques are successful.  Locally we are reviewing and updating emergency plans to support public health, maintain critical services (water/waste water, emergency services, etc.) and residents if containment is lost.

After Merkal's announcement yesterday, it certainly looks like my Bucket list trip to Germany (Interschutz), Netherlands, Belgium (Bruges, Menin Gate), and France (Juno Beach, Vimy Ridge) trip will have to be cancelled, as Germany and France now have travel health notices (Low Risk - Practice Usual Precautions).

Hand washing is important to control the spread and infection rate; considering people touch their face (eyes, nose, mouth) on average 23 times an hour... (Use hand sanitizer only when soap and water are not available.)

The simple mechanics behind hand washing and its effect on a virus like the novel coronavirus.

Basically, it's surrounded by a fat layer. Washing your hands with soap and water has the ability to "dissolve" this greasy fatty layer and kill the virus. I'm told singing "Happy Birthday" twice is approximately how long we should all be scrubbing our hands with soap.

On the lighter side -

Why is toilet paper in such high demand?

Because when anyone coughs or sneezes, 100 people shit their pants...

Well stay calm because theres one thing thats really worse than Corona: Arty. (And ppl without a 0 key on their keyboard)

Now serious: My opinion on Corona? I think its overhyped but Im still kinda worried about getting infected because of my chronic asthma. I mean even a little flu can become a serious issue for me lol. So what do I do against it? Nothing atm.

Don't forget to exercise people, even if facilities are closed, do push ups, epeen ups and pull ups to stay healthy

E3 is cancelled also

Not sure what is going to happen with IHWC, in Slovakia, this year.

When I read that both Estonia and Lithuania had infected, it immediately became too close for comfort. Until about few days ago, we had just like 2 infected but that number rose to 16 now. For our small and mostly calm country, this isn't nice experience. Government is trying to setup some kind of alert state now. Yet, just few days ago, we had group of people who decided to travel to Italy just because as they said, "they had paid for everything".

Supermarkets and stores, afaik in capital city, are filled with people buying toilet paper, frozen and canned food and such stuff.

One thing is to read about these pandemics happening somewhere far, but another is them being so close. Not being paranoid and panicking, but all of this feels crazy

9 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Do you guys have enough supplies running? Is logistics (basic necessities) still running normal?

Well shops for the moment seem to have enough in stock however they are going to be closed on Saturday and on Sunday. Therefore I will hate to go shopping tomorrow morning since I want to avoid huge queues as only small groups of people are allowed to shop at once.

Apparently, you can go for a walk, but you must show a certificate if the police stops that you are simply going for a walk and doing other illegal business such as visiting a relative. The government has told us to stay at home if possible and leave only if necessary. 

It feels like we are in a war zone. 

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Well shops for the moment seem to have enough in stock however they are going to be closed on Saturday and on Sunday. Therefore I will hate to go shopping tomorrow morning since I want to avoid huge queues as only small groups of people are allowed to shop at once.

Apparently, you can go for a walk, but you must show a certificate if the police stops that you are simply going for a walk and doing other illegal business such as visiting a relative. The government has told us to stay at home if possible and leave only if necessary. 

It feels like we are in a war zone. 

I guess if you wear a procedure mask (with proper ASTM, BFE and VFE) you are really good to go as long as you wash your hands (more sepcifically remove the thin layer of oil on your skin), wipe bags and shoes and so on everything is going to be good because thats how we do and people were already back at work. A lot can be done personally, it will be fine.

In northern Italy. Full lockdown as per the rest of the country but my province hasn't been hit too hard so far, only around 50 cases. No shortage issues on the supermarket thankfully, we just got some more food and toilet paper today.

Despite everything, things seem to be pretty normal. Only saw one guy wearing a mask so far, and there is still plenty of people outside driving around going about their business.

34 minutes ago, Never said:

In northern Italy. Full lockdown as per the rest of the country but my province hasn't been hit too hard so far, only around 50 cases. No shortage issues on the supermarket thankfully, we just got some more food and toilet paper today.

Despite everything, things seem to be pretty normal. Only saw one guy wearing a mask so far, and there is still plenty of people outside driving around going about their business.

Make sure you wear a mask yourself, no matter what people are up to. Stock up some cleaning stuff too. They are as important as food.

4 confirmed cases in NZ, media trying to scaremonger article views and shit despite all 4 being quarantined and no major problems. 

People going and buying out TP and hand sanitizer like retards.

Auctions for fucking $3 hand sanitizer going up on trademe (NZs Ebay/craigslist/whatever) for like $15-$20 trying to profiteer off it. Idk if anyones dumb enough to actually buy it, havent seen a lack of stock of either in every supermarket Ive been to.

Borders are closed to a bunch of places, china, Iran, Korea, and Italy that I know of. Auckland Airport just announced today a trade block on their stock, most likely virus related.

Some universities tried to petition the government to let chinese students here because their profits were dropping without those sweet chinese tuition fees, rightfully got told to fuck off. 

Otherwise its business as usual. Its just the media scaremongering over here really. Blowing shit out of proportion.