Anthraxicus

Returning to WoT with a limited idea how to use the Frontline Combat Consumables in the match itself.

Howdy! These are my questions but let me color it in for you a wee bit 1st.

I have the combat consumables loaded in their key slots for each tank, I have them maxed out for effect but for the life of me I can't figure out the in match mechanics of how to;

Aim the consumable. For example, I hit 7 to activate air strike. right click the minimap to relocate the aiming box to where I want to wreak havok. So how do I turn the box, and then fire the weapon?

The artillery. I can move the aiming circle/reticle to a desired location but how do I move it to exactly where I need it to go to drop shit on someone's head? & What key fires the damned thing?

I've searched high and low in my capacity of a busy working stiff with limited time to play this game and/or do research and all that I've found so far are snarky responses along the lines of "Dis noob doesn't know shit... YOU NEED TO ASSIGN DEM BEFORE DA MATCH SO'Z YOU CAN USE DEM IN DE GAME, BRAH. GOT IT? COOL!"

Which utterly fails to educate me on how they work within the match itself when I need them the most.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help, War gamings historical lack of information about how to play this game & use all of it's features has finally got me down.

15 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

I have the combat consumables loaded in their key slots for each tank, I have them maxed out for effect but for the life of me I can't figure out the in match mechanics of how to;

Aim the consumable. For example, I hit 7 to activate air strike. right click the minimap to relocate the aiming box to where I want to wreak havok. So how do I turn the box, and then fire the weapon?

The artillery. I can move the aiming circle/reticle to a desired location but how do I move it to exactly where I need it to go to drop shit on someone's head? & What key fires the damned thing?

Most of the usable ones (arty, recon, airstrike etc) are 2-3 clicks.
first to activate them, then the arty view pops up and you mouse to where you want it (like arty).
once you have it about where you want it to be, you click again and it will let you change the orientation of the consumable by moving the mouse around. it's a bit sensitive . 
click again to execute

right mouse to go back a step. 

other like engineering are always on and inspiration is just a circular field around the tank.