Diriz0n

My take on 1st FL month

I c0mpleted FL in 17 battles, 940 avg exp.

I ranked up with Caern AX, Patri0t, Sk0rp G, Defender, FCM, M41D  (getting capt) as quickly p0ssible, then went ham t0 die, t0 start grinding Bat Chat12T, 0bj 416, T-44, IS3, Indien Pz, VK45A, M41 Bulld0g. That is al0t 0f 8s, frankly the best way t0 grind them 0ut. IS3, a c0mplete pleasure t0 drive, I g0t within 5K fr0m finishing (b0th 257 and T10)  the rest still need a t0nne 0f w0rk. I made 5mill credits, and just spent 12 mill 0n -50% 0ff eqp sale. L0ts 0f recent purchases like TE3, STB1, 0r added prems like Emil 51, Mutz, Senlac, Strv57, 0bj 244 needed eqp.

I generally d0n't make cash in FL, because I run large first aid/large repair kit 0n all tanks. Bat Chat 12T runs all APCR. T-44 can't pen shit with 122, I run all APCR with 2 HE. M41 can't pen shit, s0 I run all APCR. I st0ckpile b00sters, I never activate them. 

Things I have n0ticed new in FL, and n0t new.  B0urque is n0 where near as p0werful as l0rraine 0r pr0gett0. Standard pen is l0w, sh00ting fr0m range is t0xic.  0bj 703  II is better than IS3A 0r S0mua.  E75TS,  Renegade, Patri0t, Emil 51 are very str0ng being heavy tanks that can cruise ar0und @ 40km.   Which brings up change, tanks like Caern AX are pr0bably sec0nd rate n0w, n0t because it is sl0w as a heavy as it is n0t, but because it is n0t fast like the previ0us.  0nly reas0n Defender is still great, is because it is still ann0ying as fuck t0 kill and just sits 0n cap eff0rtlessly.  Arta is still real t0xic, dr0p-able c0nsumables are real t0xic, LTs are real t0xic and sh0uld be limited like arta.  TS5 is 0ver rated, Sk0rp G and SU130PM d0 real well, S1 and WZ120G are under rated.  Saw a fair bit 0f CW reward Kreslavsky, IS5, T95 driving ar0und, fucking useless at that. 

Basically nothing has changed. Light tanks, wheeled bastards and Progetto dominate. After that, it's TDs and Heavies which can do at least 35-40kph, which means things like the 53TP, E75TS, IS3 (not IS3A because it's too damned slow), Defender, Skorp, WZ and SU130PM. Everything else is because you are grinding it or just sick of being meta.

Engineering is still the best consumable, although I note they made it worse on defence as it seems you can't just yolo the cap and block it for a few seconds and then get defence points (now it seems damage reducing the cap needs to happen while you block it to get defence points?). The 'new and improved' airstrike sucks massively for paper tanks (enjoy that 800-damage hits in your Skorp).

Still the same two maps, except they seemed to make them even better for attackers, continuing to pile the misery if you are stuck on defence because of the greater ability of attackers to swarm a particular lane.

I had limited time to play this week so didn't quite manage to finish all 15 levels (I'm basically just short of level 14), but got bored after the 3rd day. I still continue to play it mostly because it is just such a good forum for grinding credits - 250k profit for a 15-minute game is just too good to ignore. I only use Prog, Skorp, 53TP and Blackdog, although have taken my WZ-132 on occasion to grind it if I derped in the Blackdog but needed another light.

not surprising since not as many OP prems have been introduced since the last time FL was around. 
prog and defender still rule the roost, EBR and 432 react and decap like a boss S1/UDES and skorp snipe from range.

the revamped airstrike is more toxic than I would have thought possible. 2+ on you at once almost guarantees a death no matter what you drive.

engineer skill is still the best

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

WTF is wrong with your zero key?  Ass

lol you must not be active much here then

I ranked up mostly in the Wheelchair, M41-90, and Obj 432, I played the spaghetto when I ran out of competitive LTs. I find fast tanks are fare more consistent, fun, and rewarding. Mostly I just roam around the map and kill arty and farm people on  cap. I probably fired less than 20 "special" shells the whole time and ran credit boosters for the sweet sweet cash to buy HESH shells with.  The season was easy to grind, but the fact that you can only grind this season this week makes the game feel more like a job than ever before.

FL is boring, but it makes cash. That and maybe the tanks (unlikely I'll get all the tokens so still need to chose US or FR) at the end. I only play premiums. Gold ammo is not needed. I don't think I bounced a single shell in the Bourrasque (that I didn't miss), and that is the lowest pen I take out.

Generally fast tanks, although occasionally the Somua SM for the clip and I've pushed a few caps attacking and defending in the Turtle when the circumstances called for it.

I played a lot of hwk30, lt-432, t-34-3, and sta-2. The only things I really loaded prem for was defenders, sometimes 703s and the german superheavies. The only thing I really hate about the mode is arty/air strikes. Having a proper sized map is actually nice.

You make SO MANY CREDITS!  It is basically the same as last season.  Shoot as many tanks as possible. YELL at the idiot to stop shooting the objectives with 9 minutes left on the clock.

I think I started EVERY game in the Getto, it is just so damn good/flexible.  

17 games and 938 average XP

Assuming that nothing changes, it seems like a pretty easy way to earn a buttload of credits and a Special Tank

Is it though? A great money maker, that is? If you spend as much time playing randoms in tier 8 prems would you make more? I haven't done that experiment, but I figure you just might make more in randoms, especially with daily missions and now the battle pass.

I'll still play FL for the variety (even if it's starting to get pretty boring and predictible), but I question the common knowledge that you earn good credits there.

53 minutes ago, Kymrel said:

Is it though? A great money maker, that is? If you spend as much time playing randoms in tier 8 prems would you make more? I haven't done that experiment, but I figure you just might make more in randoms, especially with daily missions and now the battle pass.

I'll still play FL for the variety (even if it's starting to get pretty boring and predictible), but I question the common knowledge that you earn good credits there.

It's alright, and certainly because there's no pressure so you don't use premium ammo, or anything else that costs money. So, yeah, the pure profit / time is probably better.

My gut feeling is that it's the same multiplier however you get other benefits such as a single repair bill, not needing much/any prem, and not having to queue and countdown for every game. That being said for variety I probably prefer randoms.

There is also the booster situation to take into account in favor of the FL, I suppose. If I use a credit booster for an hour that will last for three games, even if the first two last the maximum amount of time possible. So an hour of boosters in fact gets you an hour and 15 minutes or something, at least some of the time, when the moron's don't destroy the objectives with 10 minutes on the clock.

I'm still not entirely convinced, but as mentioned not needing prem ammo is also in FL's favor for credit earning. 

So, Dirizon, you just decide to get back at me for downvoting your ridiculous post, by going back into the board's history and downvoting my two most recent posts that do not even remotely relate to your topic here. Classy move, you truely deserve the million-plus downvotes you got.

N0 0ne is getting back at any0ne. I believe all y0ur p0sts are ridicul0us, and deserve the reacti0n. If y0u d0 n0t like the wh0le thing, ign0re me. With that in mind, I just have n0t g0tten t0 d0wn v0ting m0re,  pard0n me. In additi0n, I am at a w0rkers camp, the wifi is really p00r. I will get right 0n it, as s00n as I can.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:10 PM, Kymrel said:

A FL game can take 20/25 min max and I make 600,000 credits (all prems, + General rank) with clan and individual credit boosts. To make that in randoms you probably need 3 really, really good games, not firing prem, and even then if the games are that good they're probably 30 mins total (factoring in loading in and out and queue times), and again that's not assuming dud games (which FL mitigates against with respawning/game length). 

It is definitely better making credits in FL than anything else except maybe tier 8 SH with credit boost (but fuck that).

I played 54 FL games last week and made just shy of 20 million credits, plus 43k free XP and a chunk of bonds.

EDIT: For reference, this is the kind of game you need to get 200,000 gross credits with clan boost in randoms. 1,800 base XP, and as others have said that is firing a decent amount of gold.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5200518#stats