ZXrage

Strv K (T9 Swedish HT)

I think Wargaming has a hat full of asset cards. they pull out a nation card, turret card, gun card, hull card and so on until they make a new tank. Move the slider bars around until the stats seem "reasonable", call the tank "dynamic", make something up about its history, and throw the thing onto supertest as a marketing device.

28 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Years ago in Tank Inspector Era I've created IS-8 with Centurion 7 turret (hull loaded first and turret came much later). I should patent this...

say it has excellent dynamics too.

Looks like the 7/1s gimped cousin and will probably play like it too.

7 hours ago, echo9835 said:

I think Wargaming has a hat full of asset cards. they pull out a nation card, turret card, gun card, hull card and so on until they make a new tank. Move the slider bars around until the stats seem "reasonable", call the tank "dynamic", make something up about its history, and throw the thing onto supertest as a marketing device.

I'm p sure Strv K is historical. There's an image somewhere floating online where the Kranvagn hull has a Centurion turret mounted because the Swedes bought a lot of Centurions from the Brits (Strv 81)

EDIT: I was wrong about there being a photo but the plans did exist.
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/15/swedish-tanks-part-xii-emil-1952-1958/

There was also an idea to mount the Centurion Mk.10 turret on the Krv chassis in order to create a competitor to the Centurion Mk.10, but in the end, the Swedish army decided that it would be simplier if they just purchased the whole Centurion Mk.10 instead. However there were also plans to let a vehicle in this configuration serve as a prototype for future turreted tank concepts in Sweden, but nothing ever came of this.

Is it just me or does this tank not actually look that good? Kinda bad hull armor, meh turret armor, meh gun, kinda bad reload, meh mobility....
...is there something I'm missing?

Seems very agile th0ugh. The tank will just ab0ut never get flanked unless 0utnumbered

Has m0re HP/T than T10, and absurdly better track traverse that st0mps even fast heavy tanks like AMX50B. Turret traverse is als0 like a medium tank. We d0 n0t kn0w the terrain resistances yet, but if we can expect s0mething estimate-able such as  the rest 0f the Emils like 1.15/1.25/2.01 it basically is a medium tank. 

generic things that lend t0 decent supp0rting r0les like VR, -GD are there t00.

I've not done a side by side but how does it line up vs a 7/1? Presume a bit more hull armor for a bit worse mobility camo or gun.

The armor is the same for the cent turret and emil 2 hulls. the difference is the gun is De-rated from the Cent 7/1s L7A1 pen of 268 (with HESH as gold)  to the STRV Ks 249 with APCR as gold

cent 7/1:

Damage390

Penetration (mm)268

Reload time (sec)10.74

Rate of fire (rnds/min)5.59

Aim time (sec)2.21

Dispersion0.31

… moving0.17

… tank traverse0.17

… turret traverse0.17

armor:

Hull armor (mm)120.7 / 50.8 / 31.8

Turret armor (mm)254 / 88.9 / 88.9

@Ezz here's a pretty good breakdown of it. 

Kran van hull.  N0t Emill ll.  The arm0ur is 90/70, n0t 80/60.  Als0, Emill ll has a pike shape, with sec0nd step  ''sh0ulder pads'' like 0bj 430. Kran van d0esn't, and with the visuals pr0vided s0 far, l00ks certainly like Kran and n0t Emill ll. I am n0t sure if it is g0ing t0 have the Caern  ''Centuri0n'' turret, 0r the Centuri0n turret 0n Cent7/1. 7/1 has a much better gun mantlet. 

no clue on the mantlet, the turret looks to be an exact cent 7/1 turret though with the derated L7A1. I would assume the same since thats the laziest possible thing WG could do here, and I've always found that to be a sound principle when dealing with them

probably right on the Kran hull though and i would assume similar or the same mobility as the Kran as well.