ZXrage

Post-1.9 Balance Changes

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/03/24/new-balance-the-next-steps/

Summary:

-E 100 line rebalance (VK 36.01 (H), Tiger I-II, E 75)
-IS-4 line rebalance (KV-3, KV-4, ST-I)
-T110E5 line rebalance (T32, M103) (hell yeah)
-wheelchair nerf (easier to slow down)

Headed for Sandbox
-Crew 2.0
-Equipment 2.0 (More class-based)

Balance changes:

Soviets

The list of changes of IS-4 (with top configuration):
• Improved stabilization (changed gun dispersion during movement and on hull traverse from 0.25 to 0.18, changed gun dispersion during turret rotation from 0.08 to 0.06);
• Changed the suspension traverse speed from 26 deg/s to 30 deg/s;
• Changed the turret traverse speed from 22 deg/s to 25 deg/s;
• Changed the reloading time from 12 s to 10.5 s;
• Changed the aiming time from 2.9 s to 2.5 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.38 to 0.42;
• Improved the frontal armor;
• Improved the armor of the turret roof.
The D-25T gun will be equipped with other shells that will improve the game comfort of the IS-4 tank:
• The standard Armor-Piercing shell with 175 mm penetration will be replaced with the Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration;
• The special Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration will be replaced with the High-Explosive Anti-Tank shell with 270 mm penetration.
The vehicles before IS-4 will receive similar changes aimed at improving their performance in close combat.

The list of changes for ST-1:
• The M62-T2 gun:
• Changed the reloading time from 13.3 s to 12 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.38 to 0.4;
• The D-25T gun:
• Replaced the shells: the standard Armor-Piercing shell with 175 mm penetration will be replaced with the Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration, the special Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration will be replaced with the High-Explosive Anti-Tank shell with 270 mm penetration;
• Improved gun stabilization.

The list of changes of KV-4:
• The D-25-T gun:
• Replaced the shells: the standard Armor-Piercing shell with 175 mm penetration will be replaced with the Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration, the special Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration will be replaced with the High-Explosive Anti-Tank shell with 270 mm penetration;
• Changed the gun reloading time from 12.1 s to 12 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 3.4 s to 3 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.46 to 0.44;
• The ZiS-24 gun:
• Changed the gun reloading time from 10.3 s to 9 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.9 s to 2.3 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.38 to 0.36;
• Improved gun stabilization;
• Improved the gun mantlet armor.

The list of changes of KV-3:
• The D-25T gun:
• Changed the gun aiming time from 3.4 s to 3.1 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.46 to 0.44;

Germans

The list of changes of E 100:
• The 12,8 cm Kw.K. 44 L/55 gun:
• Changed the damage with shells from 490 to 530;
• Changed the reloading time from 13.3 s to 12 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.3 s to 2.5 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.36 to 0.39;
• Slightly improved the gun stabilization;
• The 15 cm Kw.K. L/38 gun:
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.9 s to 2.7 s;
• Improved the frontal armor of the turret.
The vehicles before E 100 will receive mainly similar changes. There will be increased the single-shot damage, firing performance; armor will be improved for particular vehicles.

The list of changes of E 75:
• Changed the damage characteristics with standard and special shells of the following guns:
• 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71—from 240 to 280;
• 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/52—from 320 to 360;
• 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/68—from 320 to 360;
• 12,8 cm Kw.K. 44 L/55—from 490 to 530;
• Changed the total hit points of the following turrets:
• E 75 Ausf. A—from 1,820 to 1,850;
• E 75 Ausf. B—from 1,920 to 1,950;
• Changed the hull traverse speed:
• Е 75—from 36 deg/s to 28 deg/s;
• E 75 verstärkteketten—from 39 deg/s to 30 deg/s;
• Improved the frontal armor of the turret.

The list of changes of Tiger II:
• The 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 gun:
• Changed the damage with standard and special shells from 240 to 280;
• Changed the gun reloading speed from 6.7 s to 7.8 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.7 s to 2.5 s;
• The 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/52 gun:
• Changed the damage with standard and special shells from 320 to 360;
• The 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/68 gun:
• Changed the damage with standard and special shells from 320 to 360;
• Improved the armor.

The list of changes of Tiger I:
• The 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 gun:
• Changed the damage with standard and special shells from 240 to 280;
• Changed the gun reloading speed from 6.7 s to 7.8 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.7 s to 2.5 s;

The list of changes of VK 36.01 (H):
• The 8,8 cm Kw.K. 36 L/56 gun:
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.38 to 0.36;
• Improved the gun stabilization;
• Changed the reverse speed from 12 deg/s to 14 deg/s;
• Changed the total hit points of the following turrets:
• VK 36.01 (H)—from 1,000 to 1,100;
• Pz.Kpfw. VI H Ausf. H2—from 1,060 to 1,200;

Americans

The list of changes of T110E5:
• Changed the 120 mm Gun M58 gun reloading time from 10 s to 8.8 s;
• Improved stabilization (decreased gun dispersion during movement and on hull traverse from 0.18 to 0.14, decreased gun dispersion during turret rotation from 0.08 to 0.06);
• Improved the side armor in the area of front rollers.
Other vehicles in the branch will be improved in terms of fire power and firing comfort.

The list of changes of М103:
• The 120 mm Gun M58 gun:
• Changed the gun reloading time from 11.2 s to 10 s;
• The 105 mm Gun T5E1 gun:
• Changed the standard shell penetration from 198 to 208;
• Changed the gun reloading time from 10.6 s to 8.7 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.3 s to 2.1 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.41 to 0.4;
• Improved gun stabilization;
• Improved the turret armor.

The list of changes of T32:
• The 105 mm Gun T5E1 gun:
• Changed the standard shell penetration from 198 to 208;
• Changed the gun reloading time from 10.6 s to 8.7 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.3 s to 2.1 s;
• Changed the gun accuracy from 0.41 to 0.4;
• Changed dispersion on turret traverse from 0.14 to 0.1.

I've been thinking a lot on how to balance the E5 post-SConq, and have come to the conclusion it needs to be a better heavium

-Buff gun depression to -10
-Return E5 armor to its pre-nerf state (gd that nerf was years ago)
-buff alpha to 420 like Leo 1
-buff top speed/reverse speed to 40kph/18kph

That way it could serve as a semi-fast semi-armored assault tank a la 277/5A without stepping on anyones toes
SImilarly, nerf SConq back to -8 depression, there's no way it should be that good tbh

To buff T32 you can give it the M46 gun with a DPM nerf
To buff M103 just buff the turret roof that's it fuck that tank :serb:

The list of changes of IS-4

(with top configuration): • Improved stabilization (changed gun dispersion during movement and on hull traverse from 0.25 to 0.18, changed gun dispersion during turret rotation from 0.08 to 0.06); • Changed the suspension traverse speed from 26 deg/s to 30 deg/s; • Changed the turret traverse speed from 22 deg/s to 25 deg/s; • Changed the reloading time from 12 s to 10.5 s; • Changed the aiming time from 2.9 s to 2.5 s; • Changed the gun accuracy from 0.38 to 0.42; • Improved the frontal armor; • Improved the armor of the turret roof. The D-25T gun will be equipped with other shells that will improve the game comfort of the IS-4 tank: • The standard Armor-Piercing shell with 175 mm penetration will be replaced with the Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration; • The special Armor-Piercing Composite Rigid shell with 217 mm penetration will be replaced with the High-Explosive Anti-Tank shell with 270 mm penetration.

The list of changes of E 100:
• The 12,8 cm Kw.K. 44 L/55 gun: • Changed the damage with shells from 490 to 530; • Changed the reloading time from 13.3 s to 12 s; • Changed the gun aiming time from 2.3 s to 2.5 s; • Changed the gun accuracy from 0.36 to 0.39; • Slightly improved the gun stabilization; • The 15 cm Kw.K. L/38 gun: • Changed the gun aiming time from 2.9 s to 2.7 s; • Improved the frontal armor of the turret.

The list of changes of T110E5:
• Changed the 120 mm Gun M58 gun reloading time from 10 s to 8.8 s; • Improved stabilization (decreased gun dispersion during movement and on hull traverse from 0.18 to 0.14, decreased gun dispersion during turret rotation from 0.08 to 0.06); • Improved the side armor in the area of front rollers.

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

IS-4: Russian tank getting the best deal here.

E100: Time to equip the 128mm.

E5: Lets completely ignore the biggest problem with the tank.

9 minutes ago, PityFool said:

E5: Lets completely ignore the biggest problem with the tank.

The reverse speed? The tall-ass cupola? The fact that the S Conq exists? :serb:

I am also very sad that that's all the E5 is getting. A buff's a buff, but at the same time a turret dispersion buff from .08 (really good) to .06 (also really good), a DPM buff and a tracking buff is hardly the work that tank needs

So the IS-4 still has a 'stock' gun because fuck you. At least its no longer a gun you can get at tier 6 which is an improvement i guess.
Armour improvements sound promising, gun looks like it will fit its 'pace' in terms of hitting shit. That hull traverse speed buff is huge. 

E100 might actually bounce shit with its turret angled which is probably one of the more annoying 'features' of the tank. Why I 3 marked that shit i have no idea. Never found aiming to be a problem with the gun. 128mm or 1.5cm, I'd rather more boom so I dont have to show the turret face but who knows. 

E5 might be more usable but will still be shit because it cant do anything with a giant lighthouse. 

More importantly (for me) KV-4 rebalance?!? Am currently grinding that in FL, probably the only place its useful. 

2 hours ago, ZXrage said:

I've been thinking a lot on how to balance the E5 post-SConq, and have come to the conclusion it needs to be a better heavium

-Buff gun depression to -10
-Return E5 armor to its pre-nerf state (gd that nerf was years ago)
-buff alpha to 420 like Leo 1
-buff top speed/reverse speed to 40kph/18kph

That way it could serve as a semi-fast semi-armored assault tank a la 277/5A without stepping on anyones toes
SImilarly, nerf SConq back to -8 depression, there's no way it should be that good tbh

To buff T32 you can give it the M46 gun with a DPM nerf
To buff M103 just buff the turret roof that's it fuck that tank :serb:

m103 has cheek problems and hull problems. IMHO they should make the line US Heavium. Make them faster. Or if they think it's unhistorical as you say 420 alpha. better armor, pen and gun handling buff to t32

I looked over the American HT changes and here are my opinions:

T32:
Looks good on paper, but on execution it still doesn't come out very well. The DPM buff now puts it higher than the Rene for less alpha which is nice, the gun handling buff should help the tank not suck a massive D everytime I use it, but they haven't really fixed the fact that the AP pen is still garbage post-buff, the APCR pen is also still less than stellar, its accuracy is still kinda shit, and the tank is still too sluggish to get anywhere. I think it should get the 360 alpha buff the Tiger II got and tune the RoF to be ~Rene levels but I guess they wanted to differentiate.

M103:
The gun should be a lot better now since its getting the same DPM as current E5. The turret buff I hope is substantial enough so that I don't get farmed by everyone that can aim. It's still derpier than the Conq's gun but if the buffs go correctly you'd at least have the trade-off of better reload.

T110E5:
I still wouldn't pick this tank over the SConq. The DPM still falls short below the SConq, it has worse turret armor, worse gun depression, your turret dispersion is better but only marginally, you go faster but only marginally. S Conq can abuse its armor a lot better since the E5 armor profile has always been wonky. I sitll think they should make the US HT line more heavium-like and nerf SConq

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-heavy-tanks-rebalance/

Tiger I changes i dont like. The whole point of that tank was completely stupid DPM. Buff the fucking Tiger P already.

Tiger II buffs, well gun gets a massive buff with alpha changes. Armour remains to be seen. Hopefully hull and turret actually bounce shit.

E-75 is more of a nerf. Was fine before, but hull traverse nerf ruins the tank IMHO. Armour wasn't a huge problem, besides maybe the turret but that was bearable. 

ST-I buffs are great. Gun buffs galore. 

KV-4 buffs are interesting. Still slow as shit and turret weakspots are huge, but gun is better. Havent played it in pubs but in FL, the real problem was the gun, which i mitigated by using the 122 with loads of HE. Fucks up the idiots in heavies bad. 

KV-3 buffs, biggest issues i had was the gun being complete trash to shoot with and turret getting penned constantly. Since its just a mantlet buff, the problem will still persist. Just dont shoot the mantlet, shoot around it now. At least the gun can hit things a bit more.

M103 buffs, depends on the armour model but the turret is basically megamind so it will have to be made out of adamantium to be good. 

T32 pen is still too shit for the armour creep in tier 8+. DPM buff is massive though so very very welcome buffs. Gun will be great, tank will be expensive as shit to run. 

2 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Alternatively they could just nerf shit. :serb:

By nerfing stuff they might actually prevent power creep. We can't have that now can we? Gotta keep them flavor of the month tanks rolling. Just going to point out that the T110E5 still is worse than the super conq in most ways. Less gun depression, armor, and DPM post buff.

The hull traverse values of the E 75 seem to be the wrong way around BTW. Currently on the live server it has 28 degrees/sec on its stock tracks and 30 on its top tracks and, so I think they're actually buffing it from 28 to 36 for stock tracks and 30 - 39 for top tracks. As if this tank needed a buff

Personally, I think the biggest buff here is to the T32. I'm interested to see how it'll perform. I really liked it even when it had terrible pen, and whilst 208 still sucks, with the increased DPM, it'd have 2,200+, so that thing would be pretty good with full Gold.

18 minutes ago, Tarski said:

Wheeled vehicles are going to be easier to stop? That's some of the best WoT news I've heard in ages. 

I have yet to see an EBR ever forcibly stopped (they even don't stop when you kill them, they suddenly become Elon Musks rocket tests).

7 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Tiger I changes i dont like. The whole point of that tank was completely stupid DPM. Buff the fucking Tiger P already.

How is that a problem then? With the changes, the Tiger I is keeping the same DPM. It just gets that DPM with 280 alpha, better aim time, and better mantlet armor.

I honestly don't think the Tiger I needed a buff. I think it's fine as is. With these buffs, it's going to be pretty crazy.

2 hours ago, churchill50 said:

How is that a problem then? With the changes, the Tiger I is keeping the same DPM. It just gets that DPM with 280 alpha, better aim time, and better mantlet armor.

I honestly don't think the Tiger I needed a buff. I think it's fine as is. With these buffs, it's going to be pretty crazy.

Yeah, Tiger I is going to be even more stupid with alpha chages. But once again, Tiger P exists WG, CHANGE THAT. 

Also lower tiers will have more HP, so bullying is still on the menu, will just take a bit longer...

E-100 was amazing before sprem happened, when sprem happened the problem was that you could press 2 to make the turret a weak spot. Fine - buff the cheeks- but remove an original weak spot and buff the other weak spot? Like come on WG this is the retardation that made the Type 5. Making it so that lower tiers can go fuck themselves (Defender, Chrysler etc) is what fucked the game in the first place...

3 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

unknown.png

techtree 279e kek

btw why do the IS-4 and ST-I need hard accuracy nerfs in addition to soft stat buffs? It probably doesn't matter but .36 accuracy on high tiers is going to be unreliable if not frustration-inducing. 

I also do not understand why the IS-4 has worse gun stats than the fucking ST-I

btw E75 traverse do seem to be the other way round in which case it will be a hovercraft 

.36 accuracy ist perfectly fine, even for sniping-purposes. It's actually pretty good, especially considering the soft-stats. Add on top of that, that russisn heavies are frontliners, not hull-down snipers.

11 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Yeah, Tiger I is going to be even more stupid with alpha chages. But once again, Tiger P exists WG, CHANGE THAT. 

Also lower tiers will have more HP, so bullying is still on the menu, will just take a bit longer...

How fast are 3 mark reqs adjusted? every 14 days? Because just post update t5 3marks might go REALLY quick.

I'm really curious about IS-4 though. The armor on that thing is rather funny when people are bad even now so with the buffs it may be the perfect tank for getting massive bounce results. 

2 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

.36 accuracy ist perfectly fine, even for sniping-purposes. It's actually pretty good, especially considering the soft-stats. Add on top of that, that russisn heavies are frontliners, not hull-down snipers.

The 430U has extremely good soft stats to go with its .36. The ST-I as of now has worst in tier bloom, although the patch notes say that will improve. I have zero idea why they don't just post the fucking numbers. 

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

How fast are 3 mark reqs adjusted? every 14 days? Because just post update t5 3marks might go REALLY quick.

I'm really curious about IS-4 though. The armor on that thing is rather funny when people are bad even now so with the buffs it may be the perfect tank for getting massive bounce results. 

WG have baseline 3 mark values for new tanks