ZXrage

Post-1.9 Balance Changes

26 minutes ago, Ham_ said:

WG have baseline 3 mark values for new tanks

Not saying new tanks. I am saying 3 marking old tanks when low tier tanks get HP buffs. I know t5 marking is super easy anyway but it would be fun to see how fast you could 3 mark some tanks in t5 when the changes go live

15 hours ago, Ham_ said:

E-100 was amazing before sprem happened, when sprem happened the problem was that you could press 2 to make the turret a weak spot. Fine - buff the cheeks- but remove an original weak spot and buff the other weak spot? Like come on WG this is the retardation that made the Type 5. Making it so that lower tiers can go fuck themselves (Defender, Chrysler etc) is what fucked the game in the first place...

??? the LFP and police bar on the E-100 are still pretty bad.This isn't anything like the Chrysler, Type 5 or Defender.

11 hours ago, lavawing said:

techtree 279e kek

btw why do the IS-4 and ST-I need hard accuracy nerfs in addition to soft stat buffs? It probably doesn't matter but .36 accuracy on high tiers is going to be unreliable if not frustration-inducing. 

I also do not understand why the IS-4 has worse gun stats than the fucking ST-I

btw E75 traverse do seem to be the other way round in which case it will be a hovercraft 

Likewise, the IS-4 still has a pretty bad LFP and the shoulders aren't good if you're angling. Still not like the 279e either.

I think its a good thing that the T110E5 isn't getting a turret armor buff.... only because doing that would just again result in it and the Superconq both trying to be the exact same tank. That's boring; this game has enough of that already.

WG should buff the gun even more. If the E5 prioritizes firepower over armor it will at least be DIFFERENT from the superconq. Maybe not actually, like, GOOD, but at least different.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Not saying new tanks. I am saying 3 marking old tanks when low tier tanks get HP buffs. I know t5 marking is super easy anyway but it would be fun to see how fast you could 3 mark some tanks in t5 when the changes go live

They will be treated as new tanks for moe requirements, they aren't going to be that stupid, but anything goes in the WG HQ.

42 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

??? the LFP and police bar on the E-100 are still pretty bad.This isn't anything like the Chrysler, Type 5 or Defender.

I am not referring to the LFP, but the turret ring, which was were you would shoot if a E-100 was hugging you etc and which is now ridiculously thick. The police bar is now 200mm + height advantage and any sort of angle makes it so that tier 8s can go cry in the corner. LFP is also 240mm head on which not "pretty bad", and very few tier 8s have been able to penetrate it historically, some even with gold. Much like tier 6s which can go fuck themselves against a Defender, tier 8s can do it too against an E-100 if the changes go ahead.

Fuck me WG if you want to stop sprem against a tank DON'T BUFF THE WEAK SPOTS AS WELL.

damn it these e100 changes make me wanna reinstall. 311mm on level ground, and you have to realize the e100 is taller than almost every tank so it's even thicker in actual gameplay.

the biggest problem the e100 has is that any retard can press 2 and lolpen.

9 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

I think its a good thing that the T110E5 isn't getting a turret armor buff.... only because doing that would just again result in it and the Superconq both trying to be the exact same tank. That's boring; this game has enough of that already.

WG should buff the gun even more. If the E5 prioritizes firepower over armor it will at least be DIFFERENT from the superconq. Maybe not actually, like, GOOD, but at least different.

If they're going to differentiate the two tanks then they need to nerf SConq. Even after the buffs the E5 is still worse than Sconq. That thing has too much armor with too strong of a gun, I say one or the other

8 hours ago, kolni said:

lol at dirizon downvoting "the news"

It's not the news lmao he just has a hateboner for me for some reason

17 hours ago, Ham_ said:

They will be treated as new tanks for moe requirements, they aren't going to be that stupid, but anything goes in the WG HQ.

You miss my point. You a higher tier, not a new tank, same hp will now face lower tiers with more HP. The new high hp tanks will be tanks below your tier.

9 hours ago, ZXrage said:

If they're going to differentiate the two tanks then they need to nerf SConq. Even after the buffs the E5 is still worse than Sconq. That thing has too much armor with too strong of a gun, I say one or the other

It's not the news lmao he just has a hateboner for me for some reason

well I for one will welcome our old E5 overlords

it's such a small tank compared to the fairly gargantuan Sconq, and with the old invincible drivewheels back I think it will be able to pull off ballsy plays much better. still, I'd prefer if the top speed was buffed to 42/18 or smth

I don't like the idea of just throwing armor onto everything to keep up with the power creep. If you balance armor around gold shells, then that's all that'll get used.

13 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Can't they just look at lower tiers than t10 and notice tanks there have more weakspots and those tiers actually work?

Shhh, get out of here with your logic. that has no place in the WG balance department

On 3/28/2020 at 6:06 AM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

But how can WG make more rubles when you make tanks only balanced?

If make tank super stronk many noob give us ruble to get tank! Win/Win/Win for moonbase! 

Actually imbalanced tanks dont translate to more money. All you need is a tank that feels new and good. Doesn't have to be idiot proof. I remember when everyone was grinding for Czech Mediums or the Swedes. Same for 2 gun tanks. People need novelty or at least something that makes them think tanks are strong.

Also short term goals vs long term goals. Making the game die slower means more money but now almost no corporation thinks longer than 1 fiscal year ahead.

17 hours ago, hazzgar said:

everyone was grinding for Czech Mediums

Czech mediums was so long ago they were actually good for the time.

Their last few 'new tank lines' have been massively gimped by their gold shells being shit (310 HEAT you are fucking serious right?) in an attempt to 'balance' the game while ignoreing all the other tanks in the game.

Now it seems like its just focusing on Pay2Win premiums and Get-premium-time to grind for the tier 9 rewards easier. 

279e needs commitment

279e is broken

Broken = commitment

Commitment = cash

I think I cracked it guys

8 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Czech mediums was so long ago they were actually good for the time.

Their last few 'new tank lines' have been massively gimped by their gold shells being shit (310 HEAT you are fucking serious right?) in an attempt to 'balance' the game while ignoreing all the other tanks in the game.

Now it seems like its just focusing on Pay2Win premiums and Get-premium-time to grind for the tier 9 rewards easier. 

I've heard some bad rumors about what's happening behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

Don't be ominous for no useful reason.

Naah not that kind of bad rumors. Nothing bad specific will happen. Just about the general philosophy inside being kinda what we suspect. Don't want to be specific not to snitch on the people i know

You don’t need to seek out rumours to know the future direction of this game is more bad piled on worse. Straight from the horse’s mouth: 

Currently, special shells have an ultimate advantage. There are whole subtypes of vehicles with good dynamics and gun handling that benefit the most from Premium shells. However, these shells make well-armored vehicles with supposedly good survivability suffer, which in turn means that the impact of those well-armored vehicles in battle is reduced. Currently, our main goal is to give these vehicles more weight in battle and help them to play a more important role thanks to their survivability.

More armour cause bad’s cry that they can’t just press W in their Maus or Type 5: pubbie mindset in a nutshell. Meanwhile, I got 5 pens out of 18 hits on “weak spots” in my 53tp last night while firing my special shells for their “ultimate advantage.”

49 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

You don’t need to seek out rumours to know the future direction of this game is more bad piled on worse.

Or just look at their releases since ~2016. Power creep to the left and to the right. Even their methods of P2W have experienced power creep. They started with subtle indirect elements, shifted to in your face prems, and now have ways to effectively buy bond equipment. The future direction is plain to see. If they can sell it, they will.

18 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I know many of the things too about WG and what they are thinking.......

So you probably know what's the current mindset in the company...

12 hours ago, Ezz said:

Or just look at their releases since ~2016. Power creep to the left and to the right. Even their methods of P2W have experienced power creep. They started with subtle indirect elements, shifted to in your face prems, and now have ways to effectively buy bond equipment. The future direction is plain to see. If they can sell it, they will.

Powercreep alone would be annoying but not horrible. The problem is bad balance and not fixing problems. Ie. They can do powercreep without quickening battles in high tiers. They can make heavies armor work but without making them overperform in other areas. old old pre buff Maus and IS4 performed well for quite a while thanks to presence alone. 

My theory is that the maus being boring alone lead to it being buffed. It's like they were using player numbers as a balance factor.