ZXrage

Post-1.9 Balance Changes

58 minutes ago, Ezz said:

My theory is that the maus being boring alone lead to it being buffed. It's like they were using player numbers as a balance factor.

They were. SImply saying that it wasn't underperforming. The problem is WG now buffs survivability and damage ability of heavies

1. They nerfed t110e5 in latest iteration so LOL. They also nerfed t32. FFS WG

2. Why are they even spending time on balancing stock 122 on kv4/sti/is4 ??? Like what's the point? How stupid are they? It's like putting a performance race tire on a spare wheel.

Second ST iteration

KV-4:

Depression of the 122 mm D-25T gun increased from -6 ° to -8 ° (both turrets).

ST-I:

The reload time of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun was increased from 11.51 s to 12.18 s;
The rate of fire of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun changed from 5.22 to 4.93 rounds/minute.
The average damage per minute of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun changed from 2295 to 2168;
The average damage per minute of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun for HE shells changed from 2764 to 2612.

IS-4:

Changed the reload time of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun from 10.07 s to 11.03 s;
The rate of fire of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun changed from 5.96 to 5.44 rounds/minute;
The average damage per minute of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun changed from 2622 to 2394;
The average damage per minute of the 122 mm M62-T2 gun for HE shells changed from 3159 to 2884.

T32:

105 mm Gun T5E1 (for the top turret):

Gun reload time changed from 8.34 to 9.01 s;
The rate of fire changed from 7.19 to 6.66 rounds/minute;
The average damage per minute changed from 2302 to 2130;
The damage per minute for HE shells changed from 3021 to 2796.

T110E5:

Increased dispersion during movement from 0.14 m to 0.18 m;
Increased dispersion during hull rotation from 0.14 m to 0.18 m;
Increased dispersion at maximum vehicle speed from 5.18 m to 6.66 m;
Increased dispersion at maximum vehicle rotation speed from 4.38 m to 5.63 m;
Increased dispersion during turret rotation from 0.06 m to 0.08 m;
Increased dispersion during turret rotation at maximum speed from 2.00 to 2.67 m.

120 mm Gun M58:

Gun reload time increased from 8.44 to 9.59 s;
The rate of fire changed from 7.11 to 6.26 rounds/minute;
The average damage per minute changed from 2845 to 2503;
The average damage per minute for HE shells changed from 3662 to 3222.

They nerfed the E5 back to normal  :serb:They just straight up nerfed its movement dispersion to be worse than live. I guess they didn't want it buffed after all, E5 was too stronk. T32 got nerfed a little bit too which I don't get, now it has worse DPM than Rene. I get that they're fine-tuning the stats but I honestly don't want them to be anywhere in-between, not while SConq still exists

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Hey, hey. Hold your horses. Everyone knows this buffed E5 would be OP compared to SConq or Chief.

It's would be so strong it might be close to t10 non wheeled light tank territory

Had a look at the 1.9 tech trees last night. Ended up burning through a few blueprint fragments to spare myself unnecessary grinding/ blueprint usage after the changes (Setter via Cromwell and T28 via the T28 Proto. are both changing). Definitely worth looking over the trees to make sure you don’t get screwed. 

On 4/17/2020 at 8:55 PM, ZXrage said:

Second ST iteration

They nerfed the E5 back to normal  :serb:They just straight up nerfed its movement dispersion to be worse than live. I guess they didn't want it buffed after all, E5 was too stronk. T32 got nerfed a little bit too which I don't get, now it has worse DPM than Rene. I get that they're fine-tuning the stats but I honestly don't want them to be anywhere in-between, not while SConq still exists

wait does that mean the M103 will now have more DPM than the E5? :gachi:

This isn't the first time WG has done the "make a tank terrible on purpose" stress test in supertest.
....though I'm honestly not sure *WHY* they bother doing this, like what useful data are they supposed to get from this?

All the same, its not the first time. I'd be kinda surprised if these end up being the stats that these vehicles go in with to the live server.

20 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

This isn't the first time WG has done the "make a tank terrible on purpose" stress test in supertest.
....though I'm honestly not sure *WHY* they bother doing this, like what useful data are they supposed to get from this?

All the same, its not the first time. I'd be kinda surprised if these end up being the stats that these vehicles go in with to the live server.

They are just incompetent. Have in mind they are also wasting time balancing the stock gun on IS-4. 

On 4/16/2020 at 2:15 PM, Madner Kami said:

Also, rumor has it, that all the uptiered low-tier tanks didn't recieve any sort of rebalancing outside of the extra hitpoints.

British lights look iffy with the the uptiering. Covenanter looks really dubious with a T4 pompom at tier 5, as does the Crusader with its T5 6pdr (75 damage vs 85 damage on the ZiS-4). As much as I like collecting junk tanks, this line might end up in the scrapbin.

My KV-1S already went into the recyle bin, wasn't seeing much reason to keep it over the rest of the T6 heavies.

What a dumpster fire of a patch. Ruined a ton of low-mid tier tanks and then doomed a generation of new players to rolling uptiered trash tanks while old players farm them with T67 bullshit. I like the hidden easter eggs of shit too, like how the T67 goes from 45 to 70 rounds (1.56) while an average tank like the Stug goes from 36 to 44 (1.22) and the crapwagon Turian goes from 32 to 39 (1.22). What the fuck does WG do all day and how do I get a job there?

It looks like they did at least nerf a few of the worst offenders at low-mid tier. Pz38t got some noticeable firepower decreases. Luchs got the 3cm gun nerfed meaningfully, it's now nearly useless over 200m. And finally, 6ish years after it became an abomination, the T67 got balanced out. More bloom, longer aim time, less horsepower, it actually feels fair at last. People are bitching about the Pz I C too, it only got increased recoil but hopefully that does something since it fires so fast.

Lame patch overall, but at least they did something badly overdue.

6 hours ago, sohojacques said:

RIP Vk 30.01 P. 

@Necrophore at least the Brit lights line is consistent now: shit from start to finish. 

Wait what? 3001p is cancelled? How do you go to tiger p now? FFS I was grinding that.

37 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Wait what? 3001p is cancelled? How do you go to tiger p now? FFS I was grinding that.

Not cancelled. Just nerfed into oblivion. It’s a “heavy” tank now.

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

Not cancelled. Just nerfed into oblivion. It’s a “heavy” tank now.

ffs. I get nerfing top speed. The tank never got to 60 but power to weight? Fuck them. The tank wasn't that strong. Somehow T34-85 wasn't nerfed despite the fact it's quite easy to hoover around 69% wr in it

18 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

@hazzgar I 3 marked it recently. Was intending for it to be a keeper. There’s no good reason for the changes. Fuck WG.

I can't stand t6 really. Not as bad as T5 but still low tier meta requires you to be too cautious due to yoloing and everyone being passive at the same time.

29 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

@hazzgar I 3 marked it recently. Was intending for it to be a keeper. There’s no good reason for the changes. Fuck WG.

It's my first, and so far, only 3-marked tank. For obvious reasons I really loved the tank as a result. It was super-strong, best tier 6 medium in my opinion. Utterly ruined now.