Does it really suck? I'm halfway through the is3-II grind hating my life with its mediocrity in every aspect. If the ST2 sucks I'll probably just quit the grind 

45 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Does it really suck? I'm halfway through the is3-II grind hating my life with its mediocrity in every aspect. If the ST2 sucks I'll probably just quit the grind 

I skipped the t8/t9 but I think general consensus is that they're a lot better tier for tier, with the tier 9 being the best. ST2 produces a good meme once in a while but otherwise is thoroughly mediocre. 

Odd, I thought the general vibe on the 9 was that it was very good. Most put it ahead of the 8 with the 10 a distant third as far as the line goes.

25 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Odd, I thought the general vibe on the 9 was that it was very good. Most put it ahead of the 8 with the 10 a distant third as far as the line goes.

Worst gun in tier, butter turret vs prem, average mobility, terrible in corner fights thanks to pike. It excels in no situation beyond potential kill secures. General vibes don't mean shit because it involves the opinions of complete idiots who are entirely happy with doing 2 shots of damage and dying, and the double barrel tanks are really good at firing twice before dying.

I meant skill and one of the others (can't recall which). Our main forum is too filled with apathy for much actual tank discussion to occur. We keep it mostly to what new piece of broken nonsense wg intends to release.

2 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Worst gun in tier, butter turret vs prem, average mobility, terrible in corner fights thanks to pike. It excels in no situation beyond potential kill secures. General vibes don't mean shit because it involves the opinions of complete idiots who are entirely happy with doing 2 shots of damage and dying, and the double barrel tanks are really good at firing twice before dying.

well the main niche for the tank is that it's effectively a 120 mil heavy that can reload in 5 seconds as opposed to 9. The trade off is that the pen is gimped and the turret is tier 8 material, but I guess it could be played around that strength

On 4/18/2020 at 9:20 AM, lavawing said:

well the main niche for the tank is that it's effectively a 120 mil heavy that can reload in 5 seconds as opposed to 9. The trade off is that the pen is gimped and the turret is tier 8 material, but I guess it could be played around that strength

5s is one of those awkward numbers that are too long to catch people with 2 shots when they make a mistakes.

I ground through the 8 and 9, I thought the 9 was going to be the best, and I still like it, but now I think the tier 8 is the best in the line. the right mix of mobility and gun. The 100mm i found really good.

The ST-II is gigatrash. It's basically an IS-4 with 2 barrels. Memeing on people with the double barrel is the only highlight.

11 hours ago, Tman450 said:

I ground through the 8 and 9, I thought the 9 was going to be the best, and I still like it, but now I think the tier 8 is the best in the line. the right mix of mobility and gun. The 100mm i found really good.

The ST-II is gigatrash. It's basically an IS-4 with 2 barrels. Memeing on people with the double barrel is the only highlight.

I agree with you.

Tier 8 was kinda weird for me, I felt like I always had that 1 shell ready to shoot, crazy DPM or just a feeling :D 

100mm on t9 would be a better gun if it had more pen. Seriously. My t9 is cursed though. 42% WR. 33 battles, 2500 dpg... I think it's meh not as trash as Ive said before thanks to decent gun dep but still no intention of getting ST-II

i found the tier 8 prem to be very, very fun (the one with flat UFP, whatever it's called) but I absolutely loathed everything else

i also found that double firing is close to pointless unless you are unspotted and with these guns you never fight in that range anyway

probably the only tier 10 i'd consider a complete waste of credits

On 4/26/2020 at 5:51 PM, kolni said:

i found the tier 8 prem to be very, very fun (the one with flat UFP, whatever it's called) but I absolutely loathed everything else

i also found that double firing is close to pointless unless you are unspotted and with these guns you never fight in that range anyway

probably the only tier 10 i'd consider a complete waste of credits

Double fire works vs oblivious enemies and for late game cleanup but imho it probably gives you like 5-10% extra damage and the derpy nature of the tank takes way more.  But yeah. t8 prem is good. Also gimmicky features work better in lower tiers.

Kind of more a general line question but I didn't want to make a new thread - I'm relearning the game and I was curious what the current opinion is on the best way to use double barrels? I grabbed the IS-2-II and have been kind of scratching my head on how to make use of the gun.

There's the rare situation where I need some extra alpha but that chargeup time for the dual shot feels like it almost defeats the purpose of the feature & I just end up playing it like an autoloader that I can take a little more time with. I'm also really struggling with not being able to hold LMB to fire off shells as soon as they're loaded. If I change the salvo hotkey, will I be able to do that again?