flare_phoenix

ST-II

i got the t8 now, i put some OP cristmas crew in (which i still had) and its so far ok, the shot gun mode loads fast, so you can actually use it.

Edit: i like it, it feels "strong", but many games i barely do dmg (the crappy ass dpm i think)

Bump, now grinding the IS-3-II, once the novelty of shooting twice wears off, this tank is simply weak. Not enough armour for a real heavy, too slow to drive really around and 390 alpha is shit with slow rld.

the shot gun mode also has barely any use on t9, 800 is not enough to finish of ppl and your reload gets just too long and same for the 5 sec between shoots, thats just too slow.

will keep the IS-2-II for novelty, and 100% wont get the ST-II lol..

6 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Bump, now grinding the IS-3-II, once the novelty of shooting twice wears off, this tank is simply weak. Not enough armour for a real heavy, too slow to drive really around and 390 alpha is shit with slow rld.

the shot gun mode also has barely any use on t9, 800 is not enough to finish of ppl and your reload gets just too long and same for the 5 sec between shoots, thats just too slow.

I expected the IS-3-II to be the highlight of the line based on the test server when these were released. I was wrong, the IS-2-II is by far the best vehicle in the line. it's mobile, and most importantly the dual 100mm guns are fantastic. 

the IS-3-II isn't bad but it's also not good. the ST-II is gigatrash. Especially now that the IS-4 got buffed, but the ST-II didn't.

16 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

run turbo so you can at least avoid the heavy hitting 9s. i think i've fired like two double shots across 70 ish games which speaks for its utility. 

it's good at bullying but in all other situations it feels like an overweight med with no DPM

I think one of the few things double barrel tanks have going for them is how hard they are to read. A lot of people get confused and will treat you like you have a loaded gun at all times unless they watch you double fire. I feel like it kept people off my back in the IS-3-II a lot more than the actual performance of the tank did - having a 700HP tank refusing to push on you even while you reload was an occasional treat.

Just finished the IS-3-II grind. Unlocked the ST-II with no intention of ever buying it. The IS-3-II was very much not my cup of beverage. The double-shot is a gimmick that gets used once every 20 games or something, and then you get a longer reload so it might not even be worth it. Instead you get shit armor, turret that gets penned way to easily and not much else. IS-3-II has been sold, and I'm glad to be rid of it.

i dont get why everyone seems to hate the IS-3-II so much. i didnt have any issues with it at all.

and it even set my personal record for fastest 3 mark at 73 games, maybe i was just having a stupid amount of luck with maps/teams/MM? haven't played it since the mark, but i thought the tank was solid. kinda low on gold pen tho i guess?

Anyone else notice that the ST-II's 122mm M62 is the only M62 clone in the game with trash pen? The ST-I, T-10, IS-4, 430U, and SU-101 all have the same gun but with 340 HEAT instead of 310.

I also noticed that the hulls are different too. The ST-II has a huge LFP and flat side armor, which trashes its armor scheme in comparison to the ST-I's. They even weakened the commanders hatch to make extra sure.

I get intentionally making lower tier tanks bad for the free xp cash grab, but making a T10 bad loses money, and they went pretty far outside of their way to ensure that was the case here.

I'm still at IS-2-2. Even at this tier it feels like double barrel tank is gimped too much. I'd rather drive my regular tier 7 IS than this pos.

Object 703 Version II is so much better, it's not even funny anymore.

I'm abandoning the line at first tank. :D 

4 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Anyone else notice that the ST-II's 122mm M62 is the only M62 clone in the game with trash pen? The ST-I, T-10, IS-4, 430U, and SU-101 all have the same gun but with 340 HEAT instead of 310.

I also noticed that the hulls are different too. The ST-II has a huge LFP and flat side armor, which trashes its armor scheme in comparison to the ST-I's. They even weakened the commanders hatch to make extra sure.

I get intentionally making lower tier tanks bad for the free xp cash grab, but making a T10 bad loses money, and they went pretty far outside of their way to ensure that was the case here.

i bought ST-II with discount (tank if the month)

Didnt play yet, i will put a 5e skill crew and some purple equipment in it, a

On top of that I`m of the opinion that the ST-1 always was the best t9 heavy (VK-B was better 3 patches, till it got nerfed and E75 and conq never where better, fight me!!). So in theory, an good player who rly likes ST-1, did rly well with slow tanks (with awkward guns) should be able to make this work.

I somehow however predict that its gonna be awefull allround and that i will sell before i hit 50 games...

30 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

On top of that I`m of the opinion that the ST-1 always was the best t9 heavy (VK-B was better 3 patches, till it got nerfed and E75 and conq never where better, fight me!!). So in theory, an good player who rly likes ST-1, did rly well with slow tanks (with awkward guns) should be able to make this work.

I somehow however predict that its gonna be awefull allround and that i will sell before i hit 50 games...

Considering you bought an ST-I a tier higher with 30 less pen, good luck! You'll probably love the 60% better gun handling though

14 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I had no idea the ST-II had a different hull wtf - why would they even bother making a different model for a tank that's basically the same but with double barrels - even the turret is slightly different as you noted, and for no discernible reason

The ST-I's LFP corners are there in the collision model because when the model got changed into HD they made the cupola larger and flatter. The Russians raised a shitstorm about it and that's why the ST-I got its annoying LFP corners to compensate, and in fact until recently had a thicker UFP than the IS-4. sauce: https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-9-21-common-test-changes/

AFAIK WG has been trying to flatten/remove hull corners and MG ports and that sort of thing from collision models for a few years now. They tried to remove the IS-6's hull corners when it got HD'ed, but people noticed and they ended up having to buff that thing's armour even more. (https://www.mmowg.net/world-of-tanks-is-6-hd-model-armor-changes/)

They've always intended the ST-I to have no LFP corners and that's why the ST-II doesn't have them either.

ST-II was one of those weird Russian lines in 2019/2020 like the 705A and the K91 - I think WG just assumed that the novelty of the gimmick would be enough to get people to play it.

9 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

No. The ST-I has the best armour scheme of basically all tier 9 HTs + is highly resistant to 340 HEAT pen + is able to bruteforce tier 10s with its own 340 pen HEAT. The ST-II has such shit pen and DPM (worse than an ST-I which is one tier lower ffs) that it's almost completely harmless against armoured tier 10s. 
https://tanks.gg/tank/st-i?e=V.W.Y&k=0.1.2.3.4.9.a.c&c=-1.-1.a&cs=st-ii&ce=k.Y.V&cc=a.-1.-1&ck=1.0.2.3.4.9.a.c
The great bloom is also quite pointless on a brick heavy, and doubly pointless because the tank doesn't have the raw pen to pen some tier 10 'weakspots' even when it hits its shots.

12 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

I'm still at IS-2-2. Even at this tier it feels like double barrel tank is gimped too much. I'd rather drive my regular tier 7 IS than this pos.

Object 703 Version II is so much better, it's not even funny anymore.

I'm abandoning the line at first tank. :D 

The whole theme of the line is that they're comfier and more flexible than their peers, but get buttered by gold and have shit gold pen themselves. Even the IS-3-II i.e. the best tank in the line isn't very good by any stretch of the imagination - it's just very easy and relaxing to play.

I finished the tier 8 grind, IS-2-2.

I didn't notice any of the aforementioned "pros". It's a bland heavy tank with no armor, no DPM, no speed, no view range... I can't solo carry in a heavy without armor...

It's MEH. 

It's funny when you derp Borats with double HE. I'm not sure if it's worth keeping just for that tho.

/sigh

What other tier 8 tech tree heavies are "good" these days?