kolni

Kampfpanzer 50t

Any opinions on it yet from the people who played it? Found it to be quite enjoyable, like a 430 but with a 100mm, (even though it's a 105mm)

It's still outside the top 5 most competitive T9s IMO. PTA, Standard B, Skoda T50, E 50 and Type 61 are all stronger but damn with improved equipment the gun behaves really nicely, 310 HEAT is a let down IMO and I would probably still rate it below the above with a 330 round, but short of that I generally found the tank to be pretty damn strong. The alpha to reload ratio feels off and you get stressed out by it, and it's definitely a slow play tank when it comes to engagements. Took a while to get the hang of it personally and debatable if I'll spend time with it again, but felt like a genuiely nice tier 9 to play. Fairly easy to deal with on the opposing end too.

3 hours ago, kolni said:

Any opinions on it yet from the people who played it? Found it to be quite enjoyable, like a 430 but with a 100mm, (even though it's a 105mm)

It's still outside the top 5 most competitive T9s IMO. PTA, Standard B, Skoda T50, E 50 and Type 61 are all stronger but damn with improved equipment the gun behaves really nicely, 310 HEAT is a let down IMO and I would probably still rate it below the above with a 330 round, but short of that I generally found the tank to be pretty damn strong. The alpha to reload ratio feels off and you get stressed out by it, and it's definitely a slow play tank when it comes to engagements. Took a while to get the hang of it personally and debatable if I'll spend time with it again, but felt like a genuiely nice tier 9 to play. Fairly easy to deal with on the opposing end too.

I thought the T-54 would be up there. Not the best gunnery tank but still the best med in tier for balls to the walls aggression. But then again, I suppose the meta doesn't favour making those plays any more. 

55 minutes ago, lavawing said:

I thought the T-54 would be up there. Not the best gunnery tank but still the best med in tier for balls to the walls aggression. But then again, I suppose the meta doesn't favour making those plays any more. 

For that type of play, the Kpz is MUCH better

What's the armour like? I saw loads of tryhards in them yesterday but mostly I didn't fight them front on. The only time I had to was on Ruinberg where they spawned  south and crossed the road into that little bit that overlooks the field from a ramp, making him hull down. I tried penning the turret with the Pta's premium APCR but bounced 3 times - maybe I hit at bad angles (it was from 250/300m) or is the turret that strong?

53 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

What's the armour like? I saw loads of tryhards in them yesterday but mostly I didn't fight them front on. The only time I had to was on Ruinberg where they spawned  south and crossed the road into that little bit that overlooks the field from a ramp, making him hull down. I tried penning the turret with the Pta's premium APCR but bounced 3 times - maybe I hit at bad angles (it was from 250/300m) or is the turret that strong?

being a stat nerd and looking at tanks.gg the turret looks pretty strong, although the PTA prem APCR should have gone through a good chunk of it, looks like you were just unlucky. UFP looks pretty strong front-on (~230-270 eff) although it's a pike, LFP is trash, sides are overmatchable by 120+mm guns.

4 hours ago, kolni said:

For that type of play, the Kpz is MUCH better

really?

the KPZ does have the armour profile of a same tier heavy, but it's also a fair bit larger + shit sides.
+ I doubt it would be able to DPM its way out of situations like the Soviet hovermeds, even if the DPM isn't bad.

the gun handling and turret armour + gun dep makes the tank very good, dpm is noticeable but if you remain aware of it it's not such a huge drawback

i played it like an e50 pretty much, less alpha but heat pen is a tradeoff i take, esp when apcr round is already great and doesn't get the premium apcr pen drop off