Caomhanach

Most Skippable Russian Vehicles

The Russian tree is one that I haven't really invested in much compared to some other trees, but I find myself with a lot of Russian fragments after not playing for a couple of years. Now I'm wondering what you all think are the most painful high tiers to play.

I'm not very familiar with all the recent updates as far as how buffs, nerfs, and powercreep has affected the various lines. Currently, I'm at the LTTB, tier 7 for both medium lines and the IS, and tier 6 for everything else. Except arty, cus ... arty. I plan to eventually go up all the lines, and just want to get the worst out of the way.

Thanks!

Edit: Top contenders are currently SU 101 and Obj 263. Casemates, terrible depression, bad gun traverse, bad track traverse, and bad gun handling seems wildly painful. Runners up are KV 3 and KV 4. They seem like slow inflexible heavies that have been somewhat penetration crept. Not necessarily garbage, but certainly boring.

KV-3, KV-4, well you don't want to get the IS-4 or ST-II in the first place.

430 II, but K-91 is also trash so why bother.

T-43, maybe T-44 are the only remaining mediocre tanks. Rest of the mediums are obviously awesome.

IS-7, 277 are awesome lines start to finish, maybe the IS if you can't make it work.

705 kinda sucks compared to the other heavies.

SU-101 and 263 are good but you need to enjoy the play style of the line.

Object 140 is decent, used to be really strong but it's powercrept by tanks like the 430U. T-54 is amazing, do not skip. T-44 is good, but it's a tier 8 so up to you. T-43 is merely ok, but so are most tier 7s.

IS-7 is strong. Is it the strongest? No, but it's turret is still among the best in the game. Still in the meta. The 257 isn't amazing, but it isn't going to give you a hard time, probably wouldn't skip. IS-3 is great, don't skip. IS is ok, haven't played it in years but it will more or less show you what to expect from the tanks in this line.

277 is very strong. It has all 3 of the qualities that make a good tank: speed/mobility, armor, gun (DPM, alpha, handling.) T-10 is great, do not skip, it's like a 277 at tier 9 but with less hull armor.

430U is very strong. Again, it has 3 of the qualities that make a good tank. This and the 277 are the best in the Russian tree, but the tanks leading to them are all either great or good, so there is no real use for fragments with these lines. The tier 9 430 is great, absolutely do not skip this one.

Wouldn't bother with the IS-4, ST-II, K-91, or 705a, you have better things to spend fragments on.

1 hour ago, Ham_ said:

T-43, maybe T-44 are the only remaining mediocre tanks. Rest of the mediums are obviously awesome.

IS-7, 277 are awesome lines start to finish, maybe the IS if you can't make it work.

I'll never get why people don't like the T-44, sure it's no Progetto but it's pretty much the same as the T-44-100 and we all think that's a solid tank. I also didn't like the 430 but YMMV.

The only tank I have a gripe with and might skip in the heavy line is the 257, the armor profile is so weird it's almost a good idea to drive side-on because the frontal armor is kinda shit. Also the turret roof can be overmatchable like the IS-3 so it's wonky hulldown.

KV-1S is now skippable. Its shit. KV-3 and KV-4, skip them. They are shit. The other heavies are all fine. 257 is funky i guess. Its unique and kind of inconsistent. Run into a good player and you are probably mincemeat. Run into shit players and you will wipe the floor with them. 

Out of the meds, the only 'meh' medium is the T-43. The rest are all strong and very good.

The lights... I guess they are all fine. Kind of redundant with the EBR in the game, but probably the least shitty non-wheeled lights. 

The entire 268-4 line is broken. SU-101 is probably the worst of the line but even that gets the soviet 440 alpha 122 at least. The 268 line.... dont bother. 

430 was meh. Its got no stock grind, but over all meh. The KV-1 sport is trash. The KV-3 is meh, the KV-4 is bad. The whole K91 line is not really all that good. The SU100M1 is not very good. etc etc. 

SU-100M1 is very good.

Thread should be renamed: “Most Skippable Russian Vehicles, or, Russian Tanks for Ace Tanker Missions”.

3 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

Object 140 is decent, used to be really strong but it's powercrept by tanks like the 430U. T-54 is amazing, do not skip. T-44 is good, but it's a tier 8 so up to you. T-43 is merely ok, but so are most tier 7s.

IS-7 is strong. Is it the strongest? No, but it's turret is still among the best in the game. Still in the meta. The 257 isn't amazing, but it isn't going to give you a hard time, probably wouldn't skip. IS-3 is great, don't skip. IS is ok, haven't played it in years but it will more or less show you what to expect from the tanks in this line.

277 is very strong. It has all 3 of the qualities that make a good tank: speed/mobility, armor, gun (DPM, alpha, handling.) T-10 is great, do not skip, it's like a 277 at tier 9 but with less hull armor.

430U is very strong. Again, it has 3 of the qualities that make a good tank. This and the 277 are the best in the Russian tree, but the tanks leading to them are all either great or good, so there is no real use for fragments with these lines. The tier 9 430 is great, absolutely do not skip this one.

Wouldn't bother with the IS-4, ST-II, K-91, or 705a, you have better things to spend fragments on.

T-10 has more armour than the 277 tier for tier, more DPM, and more pen. To me the 277 is pretty skippable since it's the same tank one tier higher, not much improved, and you have to face tier 10 cancer.

Actually scratch that - most tier 10s are skippable since under WG's current design philosophy tier 10s have to play the same as their tier 9 counterparts. Is it worth it playing tier 10s? I don't think so.

That said, both of the fast heavy lines (all three if you count 430) are very good and you can't go wrong with them.

@Caomhanach SU-101 is pretty shit - 263 is pretty good as a yolowagon and if you think it's skippable the whole line might as well be

The KV-3/KV-4 are among the most boring, one note tanks in the game and they're not even good at what they're supposed to do. Problem is, this applies to the whole line except the ST-I, which leaves you with a horrific stock grind you cannot bypass with fragments.

7 hours ago, echo9835 said:

430 was meh. Its got no stock grind, but over all meh. The KV-1 sport is trash. The KV-3 is meh, the KV-4 is bad. The whole K91 line is not really all that good. The SU100M1 is not very good. etc etc. 

416 is A tier because of the gun. A-44 can be incredibly powerful as it's a remnant of the old 430 II playstyle, A-43 is awesome. It's only the 430 II and K-91 where things go to shit.

11 hours ago, lavawing said:

SU-101 is pretty shit 

It still hurts seeing what they have done to 101st. Yes, it has that 122mm but now its just a kinda mobile TD. 

I liked that thing a lot before I returned to WoT after few year break. Now its sad to see it.

It's like having fun with your best friend, having drinks, doing stuff and so on,  but one day its time to go each own's way. Then you meet few years later and he's not fun and games anymore. Marriage has taken him. Now he is just regular person. You know each other, but its no fun like before.

(Post wasn't made sober, dont mind me)

skip all of them because they are BORING to play with a few exceptions.

1. IS-3 but that's because out performing tier 10s in your tier 8s is absolutely hilarious along with being able to snap shot anything in your wake in addition to facing FUCKING TIER SIXES AND SEVENS. (Is-8 didnt really have the same magic and I sold that shit after like 70 battles)

2. A-43 in triple platoons because you essentially have like 240 alpha every 2 seconds when you just yolo around like idiots. Like I remember eating a super pershing alive with my friends.

3. The Mt-25 used to be fun with the 37mm but they removed that for some unknown reason despite it being the opposite of op.

Everything else can rot

I don't count the  T-50/T-50-2 because they are reward tanks.

9 hours ago, punishersal said:

It still hurts seeing what they have done to 101st. Yes, it has that 122mm but now its just a kinda mobile TD. 

I liked that thing a lot before I returned to WoT after few year break. Now its sad to see it.

It's like having fun with your best friend, having drinks, doing stuff and so on,  but one day its time to go each own's way. Then you meet few years later and he's not fun and games anymore. Marriage has taken him. Now he is just regular person. You know each other, but its no fun like before.

I guess the 430 II is the same, except they became a gasoline junkie instead of getting married

still sad

Tds: stop at su152

Meds: stop at t54, skip all the others except the t44 maybe

Heavies: Go for the is7/ 277 line. All good bar 257?

Arty: should be all decent. People say 251 is good tier 7 good

Lights: just no. They all suck

Maybe get the 430u if you really want a tier x

Get the kv2 and su152 these are the ones you really have to play with

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

261 is terrible now that arty cannot pen and everything is accurate

2 hours ago, kolni said:

lol t44 is super busted what are you people on about

Never said it's a bad tank, most people are just incapable of making tier 8s mediums work

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

Dont know really It is what i read on some comments

But I couldnt say to the OP fuck arty lol. I mean I wanted but i didnt

6 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Is the T100lt really considered bad now? I know it is outclassed by that fucking wheeled piece of shit but it is still #2 in tier right?

T100lt and the 13 105 can still be fun and are basically 2 and 3. Plus in ranked they match tracked lights to tracked lights and wheelies to wheelies via the mm so it's still fun there.

54lt was rather fun too but, I guess in a similar vein to the t44, it's tough to make work for many so isn't considered great.

7 hours ago, lavawing said:

All arty are the same now

1. click

2.stun

3.???

4.260+279e

On 4/25/2020 at 1:30 AM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The entire 268-4 line is broken. SU-101 is probably the worst of the line but even that gets the soviet 440 alpha 122 at least. The 268 line.... dont bother. 

Broken as in OP?

On 4/25/2020 at 3:06 PM, punishersal said:

You ok there, bud?

4 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Dont know really It is what i read on some comments

But I couldnt say to the OP fuck arty lol. I mean I wanted but i didnt

Fuck arty.

On 4/25/2020 at 4:12 PM, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

2. A-43 in triple platoons because you essentially have like 240 alpha every 2 seconds when you just yolo around like idiots. Like I remember eating a super pershing alive with my friends.

hey I remember being that friend