sohojacques

IS-2 Shielded

Its not that the IS-2S is a bad tank, its just that the only redeeming quality it has is a screen door taped to the from.

Well, it doesn't really matter given the game-mode is, once again, utterly un-fun and thus the willingness to submit oneself to the grind for it is minimal to begin with.

It's 2020 guys, all new premiums are secret soft stat power creep. This thing has 0.20 instead of 0.21-0.23 on the move and 0.12 turret instead of the standard 0.16, which is huge when you have such an abysmal aim time. So it has the best/equal armor of any IS model yet and massively better gun handling. The cost is lower top speed, 10m less view range, and the soft stats on "normal" and "soft" terrain are really rough, so it'll be slower. It's basically a heavier, punchier, but slower IS.

2 hours ago, Balthazars said:

Well, it doesn't really matter given the game-mode is, once again, utterly un-fun and thus the willingness to submit oneself to the grind for it is minimal to begin with.

It's honestly not that bad if you have a full stack of 5 and don'to have to rely on stupid pubbies, it's mindless shooter fun like I imagine cod zombies or halo firefight to be

Honestly I like the game mode. I can't figure out why they put artillery with sub-orbital shells in it, but other than that terrible idea its a fun  challenge. The grind is the usual WG brutality, but with the x15 tokens and focusing on 1 or 2 divisions it isn't impossible for a free to play player.

7 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

It's honestly not that bad if you have a full stack of 5 and don'to have to rely on stupid pubbies, it's mindless shooter fun like I imagine cod zombies or halo firefight to be

It's the relying on stupid pubbies. Because the bots are so inane they have to heavily stack the numbers against you to make it even remotely a challenge if your team is semi-competent, so the moment your team contains one passenger it feels pretty much over if you get unlucky and take too much damage in early rounds. FFS I've had teams with x3 heavies sitting at the back and not able to spot targets with 30 seconds on the round timer left as early as the second stage, meaning I have to throw away health and/or my tank to even light targets and not fail. It's worse than randoms.

Yeah ive found most teams are the lets all bunch up in one group and camp until theres less than a minute left and still 8 enemies around.  Every once in a blue moon you might get a competent teammate or two that understands splitting up and making crossfires is the way, but yeah without at least 4 people carrying their weight good luck getting to stage 5 much less victory.

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

im honestly interested in how many more tier 7 IS/D-25T 122mm variants WG can spit out at this point 

Just wait for the IS-2 Shielded Berlin

T-34-155 new T6 russian turreted td ;) Someone that knew a guy that knew a guy found some blueprints in their grandfathers basement behind some 80 year old vodka bottles!  Like a low tier FV with the kv2 gun :D....but 55 top speed and 30% camo.  Da comrade balance!

Is any tank, other than IS (1, 2, 2V) worth playing in this game mode? I have tried them all, but IS is simply superior. It has huge gun (compared to others) and can bounce shots. Churchill can also bounce a bit, but it is slow, so you spend more time driving than shooting. 

And is there any reason to play more than one type of vehicle? When you reach tier 3, you get much more xp, so no point in going back to play tier 1? 

Or am I missing something completely? 

Tank Destroyer

Advantage: penetration

Pen is 120, other tanks range from 110 to 120

Many screw-ups in this mode, the balance between tanks is definitely one of them. IS line appears to dunk on everything else.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:11 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

It's 2020 guys, all new premiums are secret soft stat power creep. This thing has 0.20 instead of 0.21-0.23 on the move and 0.12 turret instead of the standard 0.16, which is huge when you have such an abysmal aim time. So it has the best/equal armor of any IS model yet and massively better gun handling. The cost is lower top speed, 10m less view range, and the soft stats on "normal" and "soft" terrain are really rough, so it'll be slower. It's basically a heavier, punchier, but slower IS.

I was going to say I wouldn't mind the speed but the inability to flex against tier 8s (pronounced nines obviously) is a dealbreaker

5 hours ago, 3MAJ86 said:

Is any tank, other than IS (1, 2, 2V) worth playing in this game mode? I have tried them all, but IS is simply superior. It has huge gun (compared to others) and can bounce shots. Churchill can also bounce a bit, but it is slow, so you spend more time driving than shooting. 

And is there any reason to play more than one type of vehicle? When you reach tier 3, you get much more xp, so no point in going back to play tier 1? 

Or am I missing something completely? 

Russian medium line is pretty good as well due to the consumables and DPM. Katyusha is ace due to the large area effect and significant damage over time. Incendiary rounds are good as well if you manage to flank a commander/high hp enemy.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:55 AM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

im honestly interested in how many more tier 7 IS/D-25T 122mm variants WG can spit out at this point 

IS-2B Shielded B - Black skin without the camo value and no ability to put on - 99EUR bundle

ive had great success with the Churchill line. the speed is really nice to have and its also the only tank with workable armor. I typically get 3-4k bounced per match and like 12-18k dmg depending on the map

Russian med on level 3 is actually quite good. DPM is good, and you get 2 incendiary shells plus off map arty thing sets them on fire, so this adds up really a lot to the total dmg in the end. it is pain getting them to level 3 though. At least for me it was.

Doesnt really makes sense to comment after the event is over, but anyway. I really liked this mode. Apart from this damn arty and these pesky little Pz IV who always derp you in the face and do damage even if you are completely safe. Also bots are snapping like hell. And those useless enemy airstrikes ... 

Tanks wise I hated the SU, because its unflexible, nobody spots for you and 175mm is a many things but not high pen. IS was fun but derpy and the special abilities are just sad, mines were only useful to stop an bot who is trying to rush you in his tracks. T-44 I dont know, was ok with good dpm but the armor was really unreliable. I really liked the BP. Slow as shit, but strongly armored so that only the elites could reliable pen you and insane DPM even though the pen was shit. And my personal favorite was the Pershing. Mobile, flexible on rigelines, punchy gun, can bounce stuff occasionally and the airstrike was really nuts - 500dmg per tank in the target area, useful for digging out JTs and other anoying shit. 

But the teams were a mixed bag, mostly bots that werent that much better than the bots you played against. Tactics like crossfire and focusfire were an alien concept to most of them. And the team mixups were a coinflip aswell: having more as 2 SUs? Good look trying to win shit. And it was always a pain in the ass to waste a x15 token to a shit team that didnt do anything in the first stage so you go out of battle with 0 points. 

Overall I liked it. Had fun most of the time and its enjoyable to play with friends.