hall0

[Sandbox] Equipment 2.0

There's a good idea buried in all of this, but like so many of the game's problems it's not the idea... it's the fact WG employees don't know their own game well enough to get the fine tuning right. Ultimately they'll settle on some numbers that range from too little to too much, every one will gravitate to the "too much" equipment, and that'll be the end of it.

For example, they split the obviously too powerful vertical stabilizer into "rotation" and "turret + movement" when people who aren't awful at this game will tell you the latter is way better than the former. They should have split it into "movement" and "turret", but they just don't understand the game on that level. They even started with 15%/25% on rotation and 20%/23% on move/turret. They gave the weaker piece worse numbers because their intuition about the game is so lousy.

(EDIT: on the test server vertical stabilizer says "traverse and movement" in some places and "traverse, movement, and turret" in others. Only TDs get a specialized item for reducing bloom on traverse only. I now have no idea what vert actually does or what they intend it to do...)

I do hope some new stuff might make dedicated light scouting viable and interesting at least.

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Engine power boost would really work on an amx40. Since that tank has high max speed but no power

Right now you just need someone to give you a push.

Testserver is up.
Standard Setup (VStabs, Rammer and Vents) will work on most meds while you get two bonuses. Only 430U and 907 comes with a survivability slot. Vents seem to be the winner here. As it gives you a bonus whether it is mounted on firepower, mobility or scouting slot. Good option if you want to use ur mobility slot for something good.

Most TDs seem to get two firepore slots. So they all get slight buff here. 

It seems WG trys to buff/nerf certain tanks with the use of this new specialized slots.
The tank performs normal? Here get a buff to the equipment you use anyway.
Tank performs too good? Well, here have some shitty equipment slots.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, kolni said:

i think making 445VR much harder to achieve is a place to start, not considering all the buffs that upping the crew with improved stuff would further boost it - at least for higher tiers,

I have often maintained the re-modeling the Radio Ranges (to overlapping circles not additive) would make the maps play larger.  Spotting is not necessarily reported to all the campers.  Tanks actually need to relay postions and the useless Radio Operators skills then become workable.       

On 5/31/2020 at 8:26 PM, echo9835 said:

Since Wargaming is going a bit on the crazy side with this whole equipment 2.0 thing, why not remove the gun rammer? Without the +10% DPM of the gun rammer a lot of other options become more appealing.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:37 PM, Ezz said:

Naturally they could then play with all the intra clips but imo slowing the shooting bit down arbitrarily would take some of the shooting joy away. You could probably get a similar result just be increasing all hp by 10% tho I guess that still leaves rammer in the mix.

If Auto-Loader/Auto-Reloader balance is an issue simply buff every single shot tanks reload OR perhaps, simply convert the “Rammer Equipment” to a Loader crew skill (+10% to reload) since the loader has useless ones as it is.      

They still have no idea what game they have.  "Light tanks and medium tanks can't improve some of their unique features because everybody picks firepower upgrades" (not exact quote)

Because nobody logs in and sits down with a headset looking forward to two hours of spotting stuff for other people to shoot.  We play the game so we can shoot stuff.  LTs want to zoom zoom and shoot stuff, heavys want to get in stuffs face and shoot it up close, mediums want to shoot stuff here then move over there and shoot more stuff, TDs want to hide in bush and shoot stuff, Arty wants to shoot stuff while eating cheetos. 

Its a pretty fucking simple concept, but WG has spent a decade thinking that people are more interested in a hundred different permutations of terrain resistance and spotting formulas.  The only thing that we really care about is that all of the tanks have a roughly equal opportunity at shooting stuff without getting shot and that the endorphin dose we get for successfully shooting stuff is doled out frequently enough.

Because nobody logs in and sits down with a headset looking forward to two hours of spotting stuff for other people to shoot.

I mean... I play light tanks 100% to get Campinovka, sit in one bush, and laugh at dumbasses blowing up like it's the 4th of July.

WG seem hopelessly out of touch looking at these numbers

I'm kinda curious what specialty-slots the british lights will get. I've had real success when playing them as full scouters, fitting optics, binocs and vents, bringing back fond memories of my autoloading 59-16-games (minus autoloading shennanigans of course). I wonder if WG will give them dual firepower slots, showing once more, that they just don't get their own game and having no grasp on what they create. Really hoping, that they get dual vision-slots *evilgrin*

23 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Dis gonna be fun (not...)

Building for vision than for camo on ELC makes more sense. It's already impossible to spot unless you are a moron or there is an unseen light in a bush next to you. I have 1500 battles in the elc even and most of the stuff here can be done currently. 

What will really be broken with new gear is EBR's. Optics + Negate Bush + extra spotted time. 

Am I missing someting with this experimental powder? "reduces vehicle visibility after firing by 10%"
I expected it to be something like 24 (14% base + 10% equipment bonus)
But the it only gives me 0,89% which is basically nothing. 

iVGQvq6.jpg

8 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Bug-report it. Seems multiplicative instead of additive.

Wouldn't be the first time that wargamming makes something multiplicative instead of additive intentionally and have gimped equipment. Current spall liners imply that they reduce damage by X%, what it really means is it reduces the HE damage by 1.1*X*armor thickness, wouldn't surprise me if they made it like that.

35 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

2015 WG - Vision and camo mechanics are too difficult for the player base to understand and are being exploited by a small group of high level players

2020 WG - Fuck it, here's a cloaking device

Their philosophy is to gimp the cloaking device so hard you want to kill yourself playing it. They love making tanks that are frustrating to play and frustrating to play against. The problem is their tank gimping skills are really really bad. Bobject was supposed to be a gimped tank by having a worse gun than other same tier tds... same for obj 430U, 

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Their philosophy is to gimp the cloaking device so hard you want to kill yourself playing it. They love making tanks that are frustrating to play and frustrating to play against. The problem is their tank gimping skills are really really bad. Bobject was supposed to be a gimped tank by having a worse gun than other same tier tds... same for obj 430U, 

Well, obj 430u has worse gun as same tier TDs :serb: