hall0

[Sandbox] Equipment 2.0

WG's new monetization plan should be to show every one a new idea like this one and then put up one of those giant charity drive thermometers. If the players donate enough money to reach the threshold they don't implement it.

They could offer the upgraded slots as a benefit to premium time. That would help the PTW and not confuse people with all the new equipment. (/s tag I guess)

Bump, they added some changes, it looks fairly decent actually.

The ``improved configuration`` seems quite usefull:

• Combines the bonuses and effects of the following existing equipment:
  • Cyclone Filter—all 4 effects added and combined with other effects
  • "Wet" Ammo Rack—all 3 effects added and combined with other effects
  • Fill Tanks with CO2—both effects added and combined with other effects

So its wet-ammorack, cyclone filter and fill tanks with Co2 in 1, a tank which burns a lot is usually risky with food, but now it may be worth it, especially because it also reduces chance of ammorack and engine break downs (T62a perhaps? frontal fuel tanks + i remember a lot of broken ammo racks, or is that obj 140?)

Same turbocharger is also strong, 10% more engine power and better top speed (and higher reverse speed), perhaps on something like T110E5?

These changes seems soso at best, at first, but slowly it looks like they atleast have some clue (perhaps they hired :serb: again)

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

Same turbocharger is also strong, 10% more engine power and better top speed (and higher reverse speed), perhaps on something like T110E5?

25km/h Black Prince? Yeeeehaw! Dropping the rammer for it. One more shot every minute doesn't save the tank anyways.

My first thought looking through the first list was a bunch of the items should be consolidated, like the forward and backward transmission speed improvements. This does actually look pretty good. You'll be able to really compensate for the inherent problems many tanks have instead of just slapping double optics or vents on. My first thought is tanks like the TOG, Matilda BP or PZ IV S, which will be like brand new tanks with a turbo booster. Getting a hugely buffed version of ammo rack might make the FV201 playable. This will bring a lot of vehicles out of mothballs. And we'll still have camo net for the heavy tanks, so all the morons will be satisfied too.

Oh snap, I just noticed they removed the Improved Aiming Unit option from artillery. DONE, IT'S GOOD, SHIP IT

EDIT: FRACK they gave arty the improved rotation thingy that reduces bloom and increases traverse. YOU WERE SO CLOSE, WG