Sign in to follow this  
dustygator

Truth through tank curves

I've been fiddling around with tank win rate curves quite a bit over the past few days, in an attempt to consolidate my garage and focus on tanks that are worth playing. They have always been one of my favorite tools for assessing tanks, and I'm sure they would be more widely used if the interface wasn't so ganky.

https://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/us

Pick a tank->tank curves button

Within the interface, you can add curves for multiple tanks via the "undefined" dropdowns. Order is:

Nation: China->Czech->French->German->Italian -> Japanese->Poland->Swedish -> UK -> US -> Russia

Class: TD->Arty->Heavy->Light->Medium

Tanks are in tier order with mostly straight forward names (but a few that don't match in game exactly)

Lots of information to be gleaned from these. Proof of things that are fairly obvious. Data that quantifies our gut feelings. Completely surprising situations.

IS-3a OP? Duh

Wrong auto(re)loader getting nerfed?

T9 meds are very much a sweet spot. But Obj 430 looks a little underwhelming

P2W much?

Find something interesting? Share it!

Almost all of us know about it and have used them.

After the 268 v4 debacle, at least for ASIA, we've pretty much stopped caring about the winrate curves since its clear WG don't give a shit about it.

Their criteria for buffing/nerfing appears to literally be a spinning wheel.

11 hours ago, dustygator said:

I've been fiddling around with tank win rate curves quite a bit over the past few days, in an attempt to consolidate my garage and focus on tanks that are worth playing. They have always been one of my favorite tools for assessing tanks, and I'm sure they would be more widely used if the interface wasn't so ganky.

https://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/us

Pick a tank->tank curves button

Within the interface, you can add curves for multiple tanks via the "undefined" dropdowns. Order is:

Nation: China->Czech->French->German->Italian -> Japanese->Poland->Swedish -> UK -> US -> Russia

Class: TD->Arty->Heavy->Light->Medium

Tanks are in tier order with mostly straight forward names (but a few that don't match in game exactly)

Lots of information to be gleaned from these. Proof of things that are fairly obvious. Data that quantifies our gut feelings. Completely surprising situations.

IS-3a OP? Duh

Wrong auto(re)loader getting nerfed?

T9 meds are very much a sweet spot. But Obj 430 looks a little underwhelming

P2W much?

Find something interesting? Share it!

1. We all knew IS3A is op

2. Standard B is getting nerfed only because they are nerfing the t10. For average pubbies Skoda is better.

3. Those look strange. Seriously.