KeyBall

1st person camera viewpoint

Does anyone know where is the point where the camera viewpoint for the 1st person perspective is placed? Is it the place on the turret where is the barrel put? If so is it bottom, center or top of that gun mount point? Or maybe some other point? I'm asking as I'd like to know which part of my tank is visible, when I can see the the enemy barrel aimed at me.

Thank you for the answer. Is this the top, bottom or central point of the gun?
Then there's another question. Is there any reliable way to make sure my copula is hidden behind the rock? Or the only one is to hide behind a really large rock?

As far as I know middle.

The second question is a bit odd. You hide your cupola... by hiding your copula. If it's not behind cover and in the shooting line of enemies, enemies can shoot it.

Yes, but how can I get to know my copula is hidden. Some rock are big enough that we're sure it's covering us, but some rocks are more or less of the size of our tank. Then it's tricky to get to know if we're really hidden. That's what is actually behind my question. You can be falsely assured you're hidden, when you have large copula and thin roof, you're gonna get destroyed quickly.

16 minutes ago, KeyBall said:

Yes, but how can I get to know my copula is hidden. Some rock are big enough that we're sure it's covering us, but some rocks are more or less of the size of our tank. Then it's tricky to get to know if we're really hidden. That's what is actually behind my question. You can be falsely assured you're hidden, when you have large copula and thin roof, you're gonna get destroyed quickly.

You can lock your gun with RMB and pan your camera to check if your cupola is hidden. Usually though if you're corner fighting/ridge fighting you're better off moving the tank and turret so your cupola wiggles and is a harder shot. It's a much more reliable method than feathering the W and S key trying to hide your cupola behind the corner.

TDs and tanks (E6) with guns placed elsewhere than dead center on the turret still have a dead center PoV from the gun, horizontally this is easy to keep track of but vertically this is how hull downs are created etc, only showing the top part of your turret to give a smaller shot on a supposedly more armoured part of your tank

In sniper mode, to the sides of the center of the aiming circle, there are "lines" that look similar to this: ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 

I try to align those with the ridge line when I am looking at the opponents, and this is a quick way to get a decent hull down, when you don't have time for micro adjustments.