EvilMonkee

Char Futur 4 Appreciation Thread.

390 alpha + retarded gun handling means that the tank is more braindead to play.

Sure, the T-54 can be more effective but alpha is still king. Less exposure the better and all that.

it's easier to win trades in CQC with high alpha/burst + high dpm over basically anything else, how often you have to poke vs how good your tank is at poking is also something you have to consider and the 430 does all of this super well

you win trading 1f1 with everything in alpha vs better RoF than you in tier and can 2f1 everything with worse RoF making stuff like 1v1's very easy against everything that's a single shooter since you always win them by default

it really sucks against t10 heavies but this advantage is just so easy to leverage on games where you aren't forced to fight just t10 heavies and t9 mm is still great, just not early 357 level

pta does this too but can't poke for shit as it has no armour so that's another element to constantly play around if you want to be more effective and while it is possible it is much harder, that's exactly why the 430 is above stuff like the t-54 because t-54 requires a brain between chair and monitor to work and 430 really, really doesn't after you know how to read the MM right

On 6/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, lavawing said:

I still don't see how the 430 is better than the T-54 in anything that counts. The 430 is sexy and unique, true - but I'd rather have 330 HEAT pen than 390 alpha snaps, and both tanks are roughly the same in terms of armour and DPM.

Armor is not the same though. 430 has idiotic side armor + slightly better front. It's a much better bully. 

On 6/28/2020 at 6:51 PM, Snoregasm2 said:

Don't look at the alpha being sub-par (by comparing it to the NATO meds/German tanks with 390+), but stupidly OP given it has the reload of a Russian 320 alpha gun.

It has amazing DPM, insane HEAT and can fire 2 shots for 1 (or none) and the gun handling to snap shot, and it has gun depression. 

Seriously, people underestimate it and maybe it has a high skill cap, but in terms of raw average damage potential it is up there with the best of tier 9 right now. It has a tier 10 gun performance, tier 10 DPM and tier 10 HEAT. Even if the platform is absolute dogshit (and it still has -10 and a mantlet), that goes a long way.

Calling what is probably the strongest tier/class in the game now 'weak' is pretty ridiculous. I can see from your past posts that you mainly play heavies, and you're best days (self admitted - I've see you posts pining for the glory days) in the game were pre-2013, but seriously, that is an off the mark comment. Like, way off the mark.

It's still DPM though not alpha and alpha trumps DPM all day every day in the current meta, especially if you don't have armour to be in the sustained fight (like say the Kpz 50t can basically sit hull down and most things won't pen it so it's 320 is less painful) and the platform just scares me, that speed, size, and that cupola.

But like I said I haven't played it, I am slowly buying back lots of tier 9s and that one is on my list to get. 

On 6/28/2020 at 7:21 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Well, my most played class / tier after tier 8 heavys (due to prems) is probably tier 9 meds and imo T54 has been #1/2/3 tier 9 tank since the day they put it in wot (10 years ago..)

I also always prefered playing t9 meds over t9 heavys, except specific cases (conq, Vk-B when it was OP).

Yet atm i start to doubt t9 meds, i havent played them much lately, so need to play some more to see how it rolls, but i now start to doubt my favorite class / tier... :P

Tier 9 meds are pretty much the sweetspot IMO, I mean tier 9 generally is good anyway, best balanced tier, no too high alpha TDs, -2/+1 MM, most tier 9s can handle most tier 10s, less OP armoured tanks etc. etc. It's the best tier in the game right now and has been for a while IMO. 

Plus most tier 9 tanks are pretty good generally, there are not many truly bad ones, but for flexibility and being able to do something in most things the MM throws at you, tier 9 meds sit pretty high IMO. 

On 6/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, lavawing said:

I still don't see how the 430 is better than the T-54 in anything that counts. The 430 is sexy and unique, true - but I'd rather have 330 HEAT pen than 390 alpha snaps, and both tanks are roughly the same in terms of armour and DPM.

Ditto re: T55A', the gun is significantly better, but you lose gun dep, speed, and all ability to bully.

OTOH I can see how the T-54's playstyle is less than appealing in the current environment where you basically have to be uncomfortably close to the action all the time to use the full potential of the tank. I find myself using much the same positions as I would in a T-10, only with slightly different strengths and weaknesses.

In all fairness the 55A's gun is legit among the best in tier. You get tier 10 firepower + comfort firing full HEAT which get 1.1k ish shell velocity.

Armour and alpha, like I said though the 430 doesn't appeal but it's idiot proof and clearly more effective. 

Also isn't the -6 gun depression only on the DPM gun on the T-54 where you have to have put up with the accuracy/aim time issues.

But it's like the Type 61, I haven't played it for a long while and not since the changes it had.

For me the gun on the T-55A is/was just better because you get the DPM, accuracy, better standard pen, shell velocity, aim time etc.  You don't trade anything.

Another one though I plan to get back to try to mark.