Engine power: 750 -> 720
Top speed in Rapid mode: 95 -> 91 kmph
Reverse speed in Rapid mode: 70 -> 65 kmph
Chance of engine fire: 0.1 -> 0.15

Panhard EBR 90

Reverse speed in the Rapid mode: 85 -> 83 kmph
Reverse speed in the Rapid mode: 85 -> 83 kmph
Engine power (top): 580 -> 560

You can see the gif in the link but when an EBR 105 blows a tire it drops speed from 90 to 67 km/h. Also these EBR nerfs are nothing burgers, I don't even know why they bothered. The most substantial one is the damaged wheel nerf. Should help with killing these things but shooting them at full speed would still be a pissing contest of whoever gets the best aim/RNG.

Honestly a good start, i assume we will wait another whole year before the fucking things get dragged down to the level of all the other LTs.

5 hours ago, Tman450 said:

The wheel damage thing is how they should have been day 1. 

IMO if they made the wheels part of the hull hitbox and they took HP damage when hit in the wheels, the tank would be almost balanced.

1 hour ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

why are they nerfing the view range more wtf

I actually agree with that. Mine has ~450 VR, that's too high for something that does 95kph with more reliable damage blocking ability than the E100, not to mention how it spits in the face of the laws of physics when it turns. 

The issue with the vr nerf is it will limit it to even more of a suiscout role which is sadly how most get played anyway. They'll be equally annoying but less effective.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

The issue with the vr nerf is it will limit it to even more of a suiscout role which is sadly how most get played anyway. They'll be equally annoying but less effective.

It will mean they are closer to my gun before they spot me. A less effective EBR is exactly what we want, because currently they are way too influential. 

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

Fucking good.

Currently they are leagues better active scouts than the regular light tanks, and just as good if not still better passive scouts. 

Less effective is what we want. Not to mention the fact that they werent origionally supposed to be able to physically reach max VR in the first place.

Both of the above underscore one of the key issues, they are simultaneously dominant in some roles yet they aren't overly influential from a winning sense. There are far more broken tanks in tier 10 yet likely none as annoying (except arty).

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for adjusting them, they are stupid as they are but as someone noted elsewhere, maybe part of the issue relates to how weak the other lights are. If wg nerfs them too hard we'll just have another meh light in the game which is already dominated my heaviums.

19 minutes ago, Ham_ said:

What about real "shit just popped a wheel on a multiton vehicle going 90" physics? I want the fucker to flip and burn

Now they'll just slow down to the speed of a normal light. Pop another wheel and they're a med.

For mine slowing them down was only part of their stupidity. Their farcical maneuverability was the main issue, and sadly that looks like it will be retained.

Interestingly dezgames' video on the topic features an ebr cleaning up. Basically none of the nerfs mentioned would have impacted the dudes ability to carry (he barely got hit while moving - barely shot on the move). I'd guess most of the nerfs will impact the average and below players, so will probably scale the tank even more with ability, which is obviously a good thing.

I know WoT is no stranger to ahistorical configurations, but if they just gave these things their historical 200hp engine, they would be a lot less problematic. At 15hp/t they could still go fast in a straight line (on roads), but would bleed a lot more speed when turning and stuff.

3 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

And use a real 105mm wheelie instead of the EBR 105.

Something with 6 wheels instead of 8 riot shields that cover the entire side with little hull.

Like this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMX-10_RC

There is one more too that i cant remember.

Id say the reason that wasnt used is because of its 1981 introduction date.

3 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Id say the reason that wasnt used is because of its 1981 introduction date.

From a technology perspective there doesn't seem to be good reason to discredit it. It had a gun control system but no stabilization. Only contention from what I could read is that the gun operates on-par with the L7 family (The G1 of the AMX-30 if you're that much of a Frenchie). The biggest problem I see is that it fired APFSDS.

I'll take any nerfs to these little wheeled bastards that they're offering, but as some have described above, if they simply removed the ability of those stupid wheels to absorb all incoming damage, that would help a lot. Yes, hitting them is a problem, but when half your shots hitting them then also do zero damage because the majority of the side profile is made up of invincible wheels, it just exacerbates the problem.

The other area I would look to nerf them in is in respects to their HE rounds. Personally I feel this is just another reason that they just crap all over all the other light tanks - they can out-maneuver them, out-circle them, in some cases out-spot them, and then out-gun them due to landing high-pen HE with ease due to best-in-game dispersion on the move.

9 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Nah I legit think the EBRs are more broken than arty, and Id legit remove both them and the STRVs before I removed arty if I was running it

Completely agree.  Played game for years (mostly in scouts) and I’m so tired of the incessant whining about arty, when it’s already been nerfed more than enough, and is of minimal consequence in-game if you have even a modicum of situational awareness.

EBRs, while I admit they are fun as currently implemented, are entirely broken.   They really need the Nerf-bat (assuming the bat can even hit them!).  

Not that anything about WOT is accurate, but I would argue there’s a case to be made that wheeled vehicle mechanics should be completely reversed - ie they should remain super-fast on road, but suffer noticeably more than tracked LTs off-road ESP ON “SOFT” GROUND.  If you took away their ludicrous off-road mobility, then I see no harm in restoring some viewrange and camo.  

I don’t mind that they can still limp (slower) minus a wheel or two, but agree that it should count only as token spaced armor for HP purposes.

The overall effect of all of this would be to make their gameplay more similar to traditional LTs, but with a few quirks.  Essentially they would be situationally superior PASSIVE spotters able to more aggressively position early, and with less chance of being completely “tracked“ if caught in the open.  But, you’d have to be much more wary of “exit strategy” from your spotting position and avoid muddy terrain at all costs.

my 2 cents 

16 hours ago, PityFool said:

I actually agree with that. Mine has ~450 VR, that's too high for something that does 95kph with more reliable damage blocking ability than the E100, not to mention how it spits in the face of the laws of physics when it turns. 

I don't disagree with this point, I disagree with the fact that they chose to nerf the view range (which is the entire point of light tanks, because otherwise why do they fucking exist at all?).  Absolutely nerf the "spaced armor" bullshit of the wheels against non-HEAT/HE rounds, maybe additionally nerf the turning ability and unfuck the broken physics... the wheel damage update is a step in the right direction but a view range nerf on a tank that already has shit base view range and is supposed to be a scout tank just doesn't make sense to me unless they're literally telling us people should suicide scout in these or want to force everyone into a max view range build equipment-wise, which is basically what everyone already does anyways

Nerfs i'd rather see over a view range nerf in order of less dumb to more dumb:

Straight line speed to 90 or even 85

Worse speed retention when turning

Wheels not counting as spaced armor

Physics change so that turning at high speed results in a drift, which also bleeds speed

Orange-damaged wheels lowering mobility until a repair kit is used, red damaged wheels requiring a full stop unless repair kit is used

Just remove the damn thing entirely lmao

51 minutes ago, Manic_Gun_Depression said:

Completely agree.  Played game for years (mostly in scouts) and I’m so tired of the incessant whining about arty, when it’s already been nerfed more than enough, and is of minimal consequence in-game if you have even a modicum of situational awareness.

I'm pretty sure the problem with arty is that they ruin the game of anybody they target, so they do technically have minimal consequence but they're just a total downer to anybody on the receiving end. It's not a fair interaction.

52 minutes ago, Manic_Gun_Depression said:

Not that anything about WOT is accurate, but I would argue there’s a case to be made that wheeled vehicle mechanics should be completely reversed - ie they should remain super-fast on road, but suffer noticeably more than tracked LTs off-road ESP ON “SOFT” GROUND.  If you took away their ludicrous off-road mobility, then I see no harm in restoring some viewrange and camo.  

Problem with this is that most of the terrain tanks drive on (and most maps for that matter) is medium to soft terrain, so most of the time wheelies would be pretty gimped light tanks.

I've talked about how I think wheelies should be balanced before but what I think they should nerf is the speed loss on damaged wheel (which they're doing) and the crazy dispersion values so that when they go for a bombing run it would be a high-risk high reward play. Crappy soft stats but good aim time would at least make the EBR easier to hit since they'd have to shotgun you.

5 hours ago, ZXrage said:

From a technology perspective there doesn't seem to be good reason to discredit it. It had a gun control system but no stabilization. Only contention from what I could read is that the gun operates on-par with the L7 family (The G1 of the AMX-30 if you're that much of a Frenchie). The biggest problem I see is that it fired APFSDS.

It will use the exact same shells as the current EBR 105.

APFSDS ends up being 'APCR' and HEATFS is just 'HEAT'.

Its not like they haven't done that already. Just look at every single high tier tank.

7 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Just remove the damn thing entirely lmao

Yea well that's my view really, I hate the bastard thing so much I'm just happy to see the nerf bat hitting it. At this point I don't really care what they do to it, just so long as it gets a good beating with the bat. It has completely broken the other LT gameplay entirely.