Kymrel

Light tanks on Berlin

Has anyone had any success scouting on Berlin in light tanks? Seems like there are just so many TD nests, bushes, indestructible walls and angles to get shot from that trying to scout the field is pointless. But it's a new map and perhaps some of the clever folks here have figured out a way?

After a handful of games on it as I grind the WZ-132A (for no good reason...) I've now just blocked the map.

I literally go to the most forward bushes I find and park.

From the south, there is like a triangle series of bushes/hedges, which allow you to pull back if anyone is yolo scouting the trench, and you can even shoot if you double bush properly.

I'll see if I can dig out a replay showing it.

EDIT: I think this is the one: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5445638#stats

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

bunker is pretty OP if u can hold it

The Fuhrer bunker is pretty exposed. the windows are huge

24 minutes ago, echo9835 said:

The Fuhrer bunker is pretty exposed. the windows are huge

Yeah I've only been there in the 430U so far (which is pretty much unpennable in there). I would be sacred about going there with a light.

its open on 3 sides and not that easy to get into. Its good for a laugh when you get 10 tanks on your team to go there, but not much else. Most tanks don't have the turret side armor to hold it if the other team takes the north.

14 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

EDIT: I think this is the one: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5445638#stats

Yeah, those bushes seem better than the elevated ones with the walls. Surprised the EBR didn't yolo through there once or twice.

Really seems to be a matter of having a team that's more campy, waiting for a field push that may never come. Great map design. In anything but lights I'd probably go city.

Tried this bushes now several times. And they work great on both sides. Unless you have some mad EBRs running around. 

K line there are also some trees you can knock over and sit in it. Nice passive spots, but very risky as you sit in the open and it usually hurts when you get spotted.